Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:28:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i check your project in spanish?  (Read 162 times)
Zpectrum (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:57:44 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 11:57:08 PM by Zpectrum

Hi again bitcointalk Cheesy

A few days ago i was browsing the altcoins section in spanish, reading one translation i found 19 errors, also with several parts that when i read it again in english, it didn't say the same (i've already notified the manager)

Why i do this?: The most projects hire a translators to make their projects reach the ears of more people, it would be frustrating (at least to me) to know that the translations have errors or it're giving to wrong information

Do you expect any compensation for this?: No

PS: I'm not a translator and don't have a good english

Wait a moment, if you don't have a good english, why would i let you do a review of my project?: Good question, i wouldn't know how to answer that but i want to give you a little help
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1319

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 03:05:35 PM

Hi again bitcointalk Cheesy

A few days ago i was browsing the altcoins section in spanish, reading one translation i found 19 errors, also with several parts that when i read it again in english, it didn't say the same (i've already notified the manager)

Why i do this?: The most projects hire a translators to make their projects reach the ears of more people, it would be frustrating (at least to me) to know that the translations have errors or it're giving to wrong information

Do you expect any compensation for this?: No

PS: I'm not a translator and don't have a good english

Wait a moment, if you don't have a good english, why would i let you do a review of my project?: Good question, i wouldn't know how to answer that but i want to give you a little help

Well, yeah. That shit usually happens. Luckily, if the translation is  way too bad, you can always report it to moderators and vgo and franckuenstein will take care of deleting it Smiley

It's quite bad that companies want to save money when it comes to translating, because they can get people confused about the project; but it's up to them

corsaronero1969

Activity: 202
Merit: 101

EN/ITA/RO translator, 24 yrs of exp., SDL Prof.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 05:47:42 PM

As a freelance translator with many years of experience I can tell you that the real problem is that people don't understand how important is a translator's role in a company's success and how important and difficult is the responsibility he has. People just don't understand that it's NOT enough that someone knows a language for that someone to become a translator. You need to have years and years of studies, education and experience (especially in translation and languages) and be extremely meticulous in order to distinguish the various "shades" all languages have. This is why you find so many laughable translations in the Bitcoin world, because customers don't speak the language in which they are localizing their sites and mistakenly award their most important "tools" to people who mistakenly think that knowing a language or two is enough to become a translator 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: