Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:53:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For the Samsung disk guy in Tech Support  (Read 598 times)
lurk1ng.gru3 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2011, 01:27:20 PM

Hi,
I know this may not be the best place to ask for help with a HDD but I didn't know where else to turn.

My question is,how do you find out the manufacturing date on those drives?because I know that if its Dec 2010 or later no f/w update is needed (to fix data loss bug) but if nov 2010 or earlier F/W update is needed.

I just got it today.

How can I find this on the HDD label (on the disk itself,if possible) or which tools can I use to find this out?

Thank you

Many drives to have a small sticker on them listing the drive's manufacture date. If you are in contact with Samsung tech support you could perhaps also ask what firmware version you need to be sure you aren't suffering from a bug. If you download and install the free version of HDTune and click Info it will at least give your current firmware version.

If neither of those methods work, with many vendors you can find manufacture date by the exact model or serial number. Feel free to PM me with that stuff or any other questions if you get stuck.

Cheers,
Gru3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: