Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think all ICO are securities ?  (Read 747 times)
kripkiki12

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:35:18 PM

No, I do not think they are 100% secure, but you have to deal with that. Plus, as we are heading forward, I am sure there will be more safer and safer ways to participate in ICOs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptoQueez

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:00:22 PM

No, I do not think they are 100% secure, but you have to deal with that. Plus, as we are heading forward, I am sure there will be more safer and safer ways to participate in ICOs.

At the end of the day everything can be a securities, if the government wants to enforce it. For example, rewards points from big retail store, ebay, amazon, etc can also be considered a securities, however, the masses have agreed that it is not. Eth and btc are are securites, however, teh SEC have decided (because people are willing to agree that it is not) that they are not securities. So, everything is a security, which can be approved if there is mass adoption and support from the public.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:41:40 PM

The bad image of cryptocurrency from various people who think cryptocurrency is a scam is partly due to the ICO project. We remember a few months ago google, facebook and twitter all three agreed to ban any form of advertising cryptocurrency on its platform, their karens have a strong reason the ICO project has made their users lose. This pointed out ICO project is not 100% secure, many of which are ICO projects that end up with a scam.
IOBteam

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 04:35:01 AM

Some of them are securities, some of them are not securities.
fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:35:57 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum cannot be securities,so they do not have a single owner. Tokens on ICO, which have a contract and a single distribution center, can be recognized as securities. On the other hand, securities should be provided with any material values, and tokens do not yet have them.
Ridwan Fauzi

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:40:48 AM

ICO securities not 100% secure, but they try make it more better for the secure. ICO technologies and innovation every years growing.
In the future I sure ICO securities will be more secure. Many ICO will coming up in this year, new different technologies and innovation.
Every year ICO is growing, the innovations and technologies they offer make some investors interested in spending the money. But the problem is, is ICO system is safe? I mean does not lead to scam project? this will always be feared by investors.

Until now there is no body governing the security ICO, which decided the ICO will run smoothly and every investor will get a profit. Innovation can be designed by scammers and this is very easy to do by them. Cryptocurrency needs full oversight to make the system safe, this is what I always expect forward to in the future.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 09:15:25 AM

ICO securities not 100% secure, but they try make it more better for the secure. ICO technologies and innovation every years growing.
In the future I sure ICO securities will be more secure. Many ICO will coming up in this year, new different technologies and innovation.
Every year ICO is growing, the innovations and technologies they offer make some investors interested in spending the money. But the problem is, is ICO system is safe? I mean does not lead to scam project? this will always be feared by investors.

Until now there is no body governing the security ICO, which decided the ICO will run smoothly and every investor will get a profit. Innovation can be designed by scammers and this is very easy to do by them. Cryptocurrency needs full oversight to make the system safe, this is what I always expect forward to in the future.

ICO's has been used by many scammers they just feed up some appealing information,projects and other more just to accumulate more funds for their scam acts and maybe in this case ICO's should really needed to govern by any legal institutions so that those new project cames are trusted and became more reliable.

cryptoQueez

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:38:31 PM

I have a weird feeling that these ICO's are ran by the same different groups of people. I see the same faces over and over on all ICOs. I mean, how can you be the ceo of 3 projects in one year. People have a hard time maintain one company
meowchele

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:20:57 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/no-not-icos-securities/

This article brings to light that all ICO's are Not securities, I personally don't think any of them fit into the SEC square box nicely of how they define one. This is a completely new and different asset class and should be treated as one when it comes to regulation. I find it ironic that there is a Securities forum to chat on here, are we trying to support uncle Sam or take him down with this forum?

I do not think ICOs are securities. Most of them in my opinion, are just mere investment  which involve risks because you are paying with no products but are hopeful of the project/ICO to be successful to get big gain from your investments. So in order to have less risky investment in ICOs you have to do your own research, the whitepaper, the team, and the company itself.

Investment = Security.  It's a very simple way to look at it. The only ICO I've seen that is not a security is http://myke.ai/whitepaper. And it should be.  The value of the token, even after the project is complete, is relative to its prospects.

The conversation needs to move forward: if ICOs are securities, what comes next? Stop worrying about what you can't change, and put energy toward what you can.

The definition of "accredited investor" must change.

Right now, it's not a way to protect people, it's a way to take money from the working class and give it to rich brokers. 
meowchele

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:27:57 AM

At the end of the day everything can be a securities, if the government wants to enforce it. For example, rewards points from big retail store, ebay, amazon, etc can also be considered a securities, however, the masses have agreed that it is not. Eth and btc are are securites, however, teh SEC have decided (because people are willing to agree that it is not) that they are not securities. So, everything is a security, which can be approved if there is mass adoption and support from the public.

I don't they had any choice in the case of BTC and ETH. Can you imagine that hanging on the books? They could use that violation as an excuse to do whatever they want, whenever they want, to anyone in crypto.
icoresearch

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:17:13 PM

I think that we will see the end of the far-fetched utility tokens. Not all of them are securities, but even less of them have any utility.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:54:53 PM

This article brings to light that all ICO's are Not securities, I personally don't think any of them fit into the SEC square box nicely of how they define one. This is a completely new and different asset class and should be treated as one when it comes to regulation. I find it ironic that there is a Securities forum to chat on here, are we trying to support uncle Sam or take him down with this forum?

I think icos are not secure and many investors including me has lost money in investing into unsecured icos.  I think governments has to come in to straighten some things in cryptocurrencies especially the hackers and icos scammers.
nina_duschenko
Copper Member

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:23:44 AM

Fraud, scum, sleazy founders? Sure...

I have been working in IT company which help to launch ICO and as the staff behind the scenes, I can always tell a scum from a real thing. It's enough to just examine the whitepaper or discuss the project with the client. But, you know, money is money - we don't say no even if we see that the project will end up as a deceit (and, believe us, we're are not alone in our pragmatism). Nor we expose those who don't want to be exposed - some business rules cannot be broken.

Yet, believe or not, accomplishing such projects doesn't feel fine. We're interested in truthful ICOs and honest investees. We honestly believe in a better future of the ICO and we would like to be on the right side when it arrives. Finally, we take care of our reputation. And, as you must have already noticed, we're making ourselves a bit of an ad.

That's where out motivation comes from.

Getting Wrong Things Right

Many, primarily those who've already succeeded in losing money, prefer blaming ICO creators, governments, blockchain - in short everything and everyone except for themselves.

We don't agree. Not a single ICO cap has been achieved with a gun put to the investor's head. Folks voluntarily give money to a random guy on the Internet, whose fault is that?

According to the latest statistics, only about 40% of the cryptocurrency investors bother themselves with merely reading the whitepaper - the alpha and omega of any crowdfunding activity. What it means is that more than a half of those who contribute their money have no idea about who is the one they're dealing with or what it is he's going to attempt.

Look at this. Guys had excellent fun (and also largely inspired this article) while still raising real money. $247,300 according to their own website, more realistic but still impressive $80,520 according to this stat.

The simplicity, openness and lack of regulation in the area indeed fuel the flames, but they are barely the source. The greediness and go-happy-lucky attitude of the "investors" seems like a more realistic answer.

To prove this predictably unpopular point, some examples of how dubious affairs helped not particularly discerning people to lose millions in the past should be introduced.

Read more here: http://bit.ly/2N05CYk
Ridwan Fauzi

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:38:28 AM

I think icos are not secure and many investors including me has lost money in investing into unsecured icos.  I think governments has to come in to straighten some things in cryptocurrencies especially the hackers and icos scammers.
Likewise investment in bitcoin or altcoin its same, there is no secure for us to spend money. But in this world not everyone is evil and deceives many people, cryptocurrency is always visited by newcomers because there are still many who care and there are still many people who are good at making a profit. And the problem is scam, it depends on us, depending on the investor, you will not be fooled if you want to be careful choosing a place to save money. I guess it's time to forget the government, because it's useless.
Ponti

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:13:08 PM

I think only some ICOs are securities. Others are pure platforms for decentralized APPS, like Ethereum and EOS. Some ICOs like OPU provides a specter of solutions in a specific industry, in OPU case it is skincare. And of course don’t forget about cryptocurrencies that are pure substitute for fiat money. Hope that helps.

.BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:27:53 AM

I don't think any of the icos are securities and alot need to be done in future before we can make significant progress on that.  Icos need to be approved by sec before people should invest in as a lot is currently happening in the market.
MasternodeInvest

Activity: 315

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 11:17:37 PM

No, there are a lot of different kind of token, each jurisdiction will stabilish it! Law of MAlta are different than Swiss law.. different from US law... there's no only U.S. SEC!!!
ncn1992vn

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:43:57 PM

I really think the market  Crypto at current is not securities.
But in the not so distant future it will change completely. One day the SEC going accept Bitcoin ETF and more Altcoin...
CoinCodex

Activity: 314
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:38:52 AM

The ICO model that offers security tokens, brings a lot of questions when it comes to the legal part. Based on the legal view, security tokens are explained very different in comparison of what we think of them now.

https://coincodex.com/article/2465/what-is-the-howey-test-and-how-is-it-relevant-to-crypto/
mashort

Activity: 281
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:06:01 AM

current ICOs are not securities. but security token offerings (STOs ) are coming on the blockchain soon. ownership of real world assets on the blockchain is upon us.

https://coinweez.com/tokenization-on-blockchain/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: