Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:48:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What  should  we  expect in  third industrial  revolution.? Apart  from  that when is  it  expected to  start and will block chain be  of  any  essence to  the  process?
industrialization - 0 (0%)
Knowledge - 3 (100%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Third industrial revolution  (Read 183 times)
vik254 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:46:57 PM

When  will  the  third industrial  revolution  happen? i  would  also  like  to  get  your views on  whether  blockchain  will be a  key  component in facilitating  third industrial  revolution.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:46:56 PM

The first one was powered by the steam engine, the second combustion engine so the third would definitely be robotics, with some 3rd printing thrown in. It's a bit hard to predict how blockchain would integrate with these but with 3rd printing I can assume there would be smaller factories linked up so it could be a system to run that.

Even today I'm already seeing wooden furniture "3rd printed" using automated cutters via designs downloadable online. Who knows, maybe blockchain would be used to track who bought which design and people can just walk up to a store, download the design, have it printed and then just assemble it at home.
rohitkaira

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:51:22 AM

I think Third industrial revolution already started and in the initial phase, with the emergence of computers and programming languages many production lines in the industries are automated with the use of process automation and use of robotics. I think block chains are more relevant to services as compared to manufacturing and will support the third revolution by like managing supply chains or goods or material flow, quality management.
ActAshton

Activity: 215
Merit: 7

Cobain of Crypto

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 03:25:51 AM

the industrial revolution is mixing with knowledge with all of these new designs to help people learn and succeed. unless you're in the US... then you're totally screwed because you pay at least 3 legs just to go to school and house yourself. hopefully we see some awesome change and maybe they'll do things a little like the europeans. free school if you know the native language? if you don't its still dirt cheap but its also incentive to learn the damn language. 2 birds 1 f#%$#!@ stone m8
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 04:25:46 AM

When  will  the  third industrial  revolution  happen? i  would  also  like  to  get  your views on  whether  blockchain  will be a  key  component in facilitating  third industrial  revolution.

its actually possible that the world will in party fragment and deindustralise itself.

vik254 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:04:20 AM

The first one was powered by the steam engine, the second combustion engine so the third would definitely be robotics, with some 3rd printing thrown in. It's a bit hard to predict how blockchain would integrate with these but with 3rd printing I can assume there would be smaller factories linked up so it could be a system to run that.

Even today I'm already seeing wooden furniture "3rd printed" using automated cutters via designs downloadable online. Who knows, maybe blockchain would be used to track who bought which design and people can just walk up to a store, download the design, have it printed and then just assemble it at home.
I  also  internet  of  things  will be  of  great  essence  in  making  this  possible. with  many  devices   interconnected  people  will  be  able  to  get  optimum  standard  of  utility out  of  all  the  facilities  they  are  using.  taking  of 3D  printing,  that  will  be  of  major  essence  in  the  health sector. that  means  doctors  will  be   able  to  print  organs.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:15:12 AM

I agree. It has begun already. Even just the way we gear up, we’re definitely going through a major upgrade. Workers now wear augmented reality glasses to work, virtual reality headsets are now used in hospital and schools, blockchain technology is now disrupting industries and cryptocurrency is more popular than ever. So with all these indications, we are indeed in the middle of a revolution, ending in fully digital landscape.

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:11:46 PM

I  also  internet  of  things  will be  of  great  essence  in  making  this  possible. with  many  devices   interconnected  people  will  be  able  to  get  optimum  standard  of  utility out  of  all  the  facilities  they  are  using.  taking  of 3D  printing,  that  will  be  of  major  essence  in  the  health sector. that  means  doctors  will  be   able  to  print  organs.

Yes, definitely all those would rely on the internet and on data hanging around in the Cloud. They still haven't printed a good enough organ (one that is similar to the real thing) though I suppose apparatus like pacemakers would become cheaper in the near future.
Isaac_Ramirez

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:19:59 PM

I definitely agree than automation will play a massive role. Machines and computers are replacing so many jobs. Even if you just consider drivers. What percentage of jobs in any given company are just driving? There are truck drivers, taxi drivers, bus drivers, food delivery drivers, couriers... I'm sure there will just be more and more self-driving cars in the future. All those drivers will be out of a job. You can go on and on about jobs that are being replaced by technology. Some call center jobs are even being replaced by automated systems that are actually starting to get pretty good. It's funny sometimes to see governments scramble to "create jobs". That's not going to be the solution. It has to be something bigger than that. I like that some countries are already experimenting with the idea of a universal income.
Stuart_Shook

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:21:50 PM

I definitely agree than automation will play a massive role. Machines and computers are replacing so many jobs. Even if you just consider drivers. What percentage of jobs in any given company are just driving? There are truck drivers, taxi drivers, bus drivers, food delivery drivers, couriers... I'm sure there will just be more and more self-driving cars in the future. All those drivers will be out of a job. You can go on and on about jobs that are being replaced by technology. Some call center jobs are even being replaced by automated systems that are actually starting to get pretty good. It's funny sometimes to see governments scramble to "create jobs". That's not going to be the solution. It has to be something bigger than that. I like that some countries are already experimenting with the idea of a universal income.

Yeah there's certainly a lot of make work projects going on as we try to catch up with our own inventions. This is causing an increase in competitiveness, which is in turn creating a knowledge based economy. A knowledge based economy is a key step forwards in prioritization of skills and abilities rather than strictly labor.

It's essentially making everyone more specialized and forcing out niche content. The trick here though is combining specializations. What is a Data Scientist? A coder/statistician. There are many examples of jobs like this that combine two fields into one.

There's a good article Michael Simmons wrote on it:
https://medium.com/the-mission/the-5-hour-rule-if-youre-not-spending-5-hours-per-week-learning-you-re-being-irresponsible-791c3f18f5e6
Earl Ragnaar

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:00:58 PM

Well about the third industrial revolution there are so many points that make the third revolution linked to first and second like:

1)    I think Third mechanical upheaval as of now began and in the underlying stage, with the development of PCs and programming dialects numerous generation lines in the businesses are robotized with the utilization of process robotization and utilization of apply autonomy. I think square fastens are more important to administrations when contrasted with assembling and will bolster the third upset by like overseeing supply chains or products or material stream, quality administration.

2)    There are truck drivers, cabbies, transport drivers, nourishment conveyance drivers, dispatches... I'm certain there will simply be increasingly self-driving autos later on. Every one of those drivers will be out of a vocation. You can continue endlessly about employments that are being supplanted by innovation. Some call focus employments are notwithstanding being supplanted via mechanized frameworks that are really beginning to get truly great. It's interesting some of the time to see governments scramble to "make employments". That is not going to be the arrangement. It must be an option that is greater than that. I like that a few nations are as of now trying different things with the possibility of an all inclusive pay.
kumablack

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:39:00 PM

I think blockchain and artificial intelligence will play a major role in the 3rd industrial revolution
nostrings

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:54:09 PM

Most jobs will be automated, thats what I consider the next industrial revolution.  There will be no more manufacturing jobs since everything will be replaced by robots.
Stuart_Shook

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:27:41 AM

Well about the third industrial revolution there are so many points that make the third revolution linked to first and second like:

1)    I think Third mechanical upheaval as of now began and in the underlying stage, with the development of PCs and programming dialects numerous generation lines in the businesses are robotized with the utilization of process robotization and utilization of apply autonomy. I think square fastens are more important to administrations when contrasted with assembling and will bolster the third upset by like overseeing supply chains or products or material stream, quality administration.

2)    There are truck drivers, cabbies, transport drivers, nourishment conveyance drivers, dispatches... I'm certain there will simply be increasingly self-driving autos later on. Every one of those drivers will be out of a vocation. You can continue endlessly about employments that are being supplanted by innovation. Some call focus employments are notwithstanding being supplanted via mechanized frameworks that are really beginning to get truly great. It's interesting some of the time to see governments scramble to "make employments". That is not going to be the arrangement. It must be an option that is greater than that. I like that a few nations are as of now trying different things with the possibility of an all inclusive pay.

That's the big question now is how we're going to adapt and create a ladder that these people can reasonably climb up. The bottom level of jobs is about to be eliminated again (like factory work was with automation of car manufacturing) and there will have to be another position for these workers to find. Lots of extremely high level jobs are being created, but is there enough room at the bottom when the next wave of automation gets perfected? I am having a hard time imagining how the governments will be able to give them a place to work. Maybe this is why a universal basic income is being discussed again. Pay people just enough to exist, so if they want to turn into vegetables they can, or if they want a challenge, they can go out and find work to take them up to the next level.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:15:03 PM

The latest and upcoming technologies and industries (internet and crypto related included) may
be considered as parts of the third industrial revolution. It's just speculation but the emergence of
crypto and other internet related applications and products have produce remarkable solutions
as well as jobs and generated a new trend in business. Electric driven vehicles and other interesting
stuff we have today has also jump start a new way era in different sectors in numerous industries.
It's an innovativeand interesting development, it's getting better as it grows and develops further more.
Isaac_Ramirez

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:26:40 PM

That's the big question now is how we're going to adapt and create a ladder that these people can reasonably climb up. The bottom level of jobs is about to be eliminated again (like factory work was with automation of car manufacturing) and there will have to be another position for these workers to find. Lots of extremely high level jobs are being created, but is there enough room at the bottom when the next wave of automation gets perfected? I am having a hard time imagining how the governments will be able to give them a place to work. Maybe this is why a universal basic income is being discussed again. Pay people just enough to exist, so if they want to turn into vegetables they can, or if they want a challenge, they can go out and find work to take them up to the next level.
Such good discussion! I love the idea of what the future has in store. It feels like everything is developing so quickly. I think the idea of universal income is fascinating. It will completely transform our society. Fundamentally, I think the idea is that technology is providing us with so much wealth, that there's more than enough to go around. It's like how copyright or pharmaceutical right are limited. One person or group of people benefit a lot from an invention or creation for a certain number of years. After that, it's time for us all to benefit. Universal income can provide everybody with their basic needs. Anything on top of that will require them to be creative. They will have a lot more free time and head space to be innovative. I think we would see even more innovation!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: