Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:41:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you lose $2,000 in trading?  (Read 13130 times)
Raufjoze

Activity: 317
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:23:54 PM

Maybe I was not lucky that day if I lost that much money. So continue trading again. For me to move and forget about it because I will get it again I will stress myself because I do not know what will happen

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rvlrshr

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:33:35 PM

trading isn't an easy money you need to learn and study how technical and fundamental analysis works first for you to have a guide before entering a trade.
hastang

Activity: 149
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:04:42 PM

in cryptocurrency there is no loss! it could only means losing if you convert your coin back to fiat... if you see your coin are dropping by, then better hold your breath sit back and relax... nothing to worry about in due time, the coin will rise up again. so better hold if you see it losing.
GunsLair

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:40:18 PM

The one who once came to the cryptocurrency market will not leave from here. Therefore, don't be upset, there will be many more ups and downs because this market is only at the beginning of its path and development.
s.mahmood

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 05:40:54 PM

Don't despair if you lose 2000$ and avoid panic,control yourself.Try to find out what you make wrong.According to that trade your business, I m sure you will make profit more than you lose.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:30:26 PM

It would depend of your capital power. If you put $100k in first place you can lost $2,000 and it would be nothing. But if you started with $5k you would feel very bad.. In my opininon you should prepare yourself to earn or loose. There are many many problems that everyone can have in cryptocurrency business..
It depends on the reasons of why you lost that money in the first place, for example right now unless you sold your coins at the every top of the market everyone is losing money and it is losing a lot more than what you are suggesting but if you are a long term holder losing that amount of money is not a big deal but if you lose that money through bad trades then you need to take a step back and reevaluate what you are doing with your money.
Absolutely! It's not an easy situation to deal with, but you need to move forward and learn from that experience to be a better trader. You need to accept the fact that risks are part of trading, at the same time you have to analyze where you failed at, and fix the mistakes. Expect for more challenges to come, more bad and good experiences, don't panic, it's a normal trend. Trading is exciting and fun and that's if you learn to play with it wisely and strategically. Stay patient and positive.
Fedrey

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:56:50 PM

The one who once came to the cryptocurrency market will not leave from here. Therefore, don't be upset, there will be many more ups and downs because this market is only at the beginning of its path and development.
It seems to me that if a person can not cope with emotions, because for some reason he has lost his money, then such failures will be repeated all the time. first of all you need to solve the problem with your emotions, And then think about minimizing the risks of losing your funds in the future.
Anandhi

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:10:48 PM

It seems to me that if a person can not cope with emotions, because for some reason he has lost his money, then such failures will be repeated all the time. first of all you need to solve the problem with your emotions, And then think about minimizing the risks of losing your funds in the future.

One thing to remember in trading crypto is, never sell your coins if you get no profit yet. When we are in the red zone we have to keep hold our coins as long as possible.
vinbentrob

Activity: 210

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:20:42 PM

What make cryptocurrency trading exciting and some times painful is that at the very best of our choices,  we are still human!  We may create bots and develop a pattern, stick to our procedures but time and again we will miss it or make mistakes!  We need to accept thus side of us and planning to make use of this weakness when it comes!

erundook

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:00:41 AM

I would be highly frustrated, but then I would calm myself and continue trading, but also I would try to be more accurate now

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

scalvo98

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:10:45 AM

Nothing, i would just continue trading like if nothing happened, only that i would try to do not make the same mistakes than before (just like all the people should do) so no, i do not care much at all.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:19:31 AM

Losing your hard earned money on trading is one of the traumatic experiences that might happen to you.  This is usually happen when you are so bullish on the coins you are investing. Here are my thoughts on how to redeem you from this kind of experience.

1. Acknowledge that you did something wrong

There are no other ways to start the process of redemption by accepting the fact that you made wrong decision. You need to accept that every once in a while we do poor judgment. It is important; when this thing happens to us we are ready to humble ourselves that we committed mistakes.

2.   Identify the problems

a. Lack of experience – I was a successful trader in stock market winning mostly of my trade. But playing here as a day trader in crypto is something new. Your success in stock market doesn’t guarantee you success in BTC.

b. Playing aggressive – Since I have too much ego in my head I put all my money in one coins only. I didn’t consider altcoins to hedge risk from BTC. There are altcoins who doesn’t affect much by this massive correction.

c. Didn’t follow my trading plan – Foundation of trading practice is to follow the plan you have originally set. Your exit strategy is one of those important decisions you will made. It composes of selling and cut loss strategy.

3.   Courses of actions

a. Never stop growing (learn the new market) – In every new things to we do it is very important to know our strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). Money is involved in every trade which make, which gives us reasons why we need to study the every aspects of cryptocurrency.

b. Follow religiously your trading plan – There some trader who doesn’t have trading plan, in my case I have one which was not followed. Trading plan was based on your personal experience in trading. In time these plans was polished and test its effectiveness. If followed properly chances of success are increase.

c. Never stop trading – If this single defeat dictates me to stop then the real loss will happen. These circumstances should ignite us to continue, make this experience to hungrier for success.

d.Diversify your portfolio – Never do all in trade. These will gives you room for another alternative once the other coin doesn’t do well. Balance your portfolio composes of your well research coins.

After careful assessment of my situation, I believe that once a trader will always be a trader. I may lose sometimes but will rebound harder and stronger.

Remember merits are perishable if not use

If you lose that kind of money of course you will be disappointed to yourself because that is a lot of money but do not yhink about that lose for a long time think about on how are your gonna win that back because that is a huge money there are a lot of ways to get that money you need to work hard in the second time and learn from that mistake for you to not lose money again there are a lot of scams and faileds in yhis thing that will keep you on lossing but if you can handle them I'm sure profit will come.
mojacho

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:26:54 AM

It depends on how much you have invested at first.
If you invested at least 4-5k$, then you have lots of options to give it back, because 50% of profits on cryptos are not something unusual. You can't make it fast with ETH or BTC, but there are lots of new altcoins, and also lots of good ICOs, which are actually pretty hard to find amongst trash.
If 2000$ were not even a half, just go over it, sure it's good experience and you will make some conclusions
michellee

Activity: 2730
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:11:31 PM

being sad is normal and it could happen to everyone especially if we are getting lose $2,000 in trading but we have another option to gets up again so we can survive in the trading. and if we can accept that this could happen to everybody and we know that in out there, many people lose more than $2,000, we can try again in trading while we can learn from our lose so we can take a good lesson from the loss. I am sure that from losing that we have, we can have a good experience to learn more in trading so in the future, we can avoid from getting lost and we can make another profit.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
erundook

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:33:34 AM

I would regret hard, mmaybe cry a little Smiley and then start right at the point I was before and continue to trade, but with more care and attention.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:40:07 AM

Getting profits and losses in the crypto trading is normal even if you lost $2000 you can earn it soon and you have to remember that you never lost anything until you sell them so keep holding whenever the prices are low and keep buying if you can afford more money.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
VUKIMTHAO

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:53:55 AM

Please check the failed transactions and draw experience for yourself Grin
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:15:30 AM

How did you lose $2000 in trading? Did you sell your coins already? If you haven't sold it yet, you cannot considered it as losses. You will only lose once you sell your coins. If you see that your portfolio is in red and everything went down, just keep on holding your coins because it will eventually recover from those dumps.
Yes, his question is not really clear, if we lose, we sell the coin out, and the loss is when we are still holding the coin. These are two completely different things. But losing or losing is a lesson for him. Let's draw on experience in the market if next time encounter this problem.
Yeah you're right, if you're gonna lose your money because the price goes down, you better keep hold your coin with the note the coin you hold still has the possibility to return pump, eg bitcoin. of course it is best to holding because the price will definitely go back up, if you've lost because of the wrong choice, then all you have to do is be patient and make it as an experience
You should not repeat the mistakes you did while loosing this amount and should remake your weakest points in a good shape those may lead you towards success and profit.

While trading you need to be self efficient and should monitor the market before selling in the presence of market rules and principles you will not face any problem and loss but this loss is not a little loss, you have to keep your coins for a high price so that you get profit.
Huy Mai

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:02:29 AM

If I loss $2,000, I feel sad first Embarrassed After that, I'll investigate why I have lost that amount of money. Then refreshing my mind before entering new trading.
Keep your money is the 1st goal, gain profit is the 2nd goal Wink
Kertmu

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 10:33:11 AM

And what can you do, nothing, just try to earn money by investing in crypto-currencies. For example, QuarkChain tokens have already risen more than 10X. And this is the ICO that just finished selling the 3 JUNE tokens.
There is always a chance to win back!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: