Thanks to some helpful comments and requests, here is a new version of the local bitcoin explorer. Version number is 3.8.
Thanks to me being whitelisted, I can now moved this out of the Newbies forum. I hope I did it right.
New features (in reversed order of appearance):
- Shows the time difference between a transaction input and output (press <CR> twice at a transaction).
- Go to the block after a given date/time (special request from BitLotto)
- Faster printing of transactions for a given address (finally working correctly, thanks to a major rewrite of the Address DB)
- More helpful comments on the working of the address DB
- random address: return a random bitcoin address (next to random block, random transaction)
- categorise urls: show information about bitcoin clients on the network (there are five more categorise commands)
- Better output of scripts
- Dumping of raw script data
- Listen: Print a real-time abridged version of the debug output
- Allow to give the bitcoin program/data directory (special request)
(Edited to add more features.)
Check it out at bitbucket.org/jneb/bitcoin
(click the "get source")
Prerequistes: Python 2.7, PyCrypto, colorama (optional, for color output).
Tested on Windows, should work on Mac/Linux.
Hope you like it.