Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:55:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is kraken.com a scam?  (Read 15021 times)
zgums

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:36:17 AM

WOW !!!

I had emailed them again couple hours ago, and now they have DISABLED my account! I can not log in anymore.

Sophia (Kraken Support)

Jun 03 12:50

Your account is on hold because we've identified irregularities in the account that require further investigation. The investigation will take several weeks. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, but we cannot release account funds during the investigation. I'm really sorry about the inconvenience, but thanks for your patience.

Now they come up with this crap nonsense. This is what they came up with as an excuse after 2.5 months delay ? Until then my account was fine and we were waitng for Fidor to release the funds ? Suddenly my account got irregular ? A moron has more fantasy than these idiot's IQ level. "Several weeks" statement is another stupid argument that is fishy. They want to create more time delay to desperately push away my case.

KRAKEN IS FRAUD! They lie from their fuc*ing teeth. They lied and dragged this for 2.5 months.
They couldn't take my 'annoying' questions about the whereabouts of my funds.

They destroyed and erased evidence (transaction ID, amount, dates) by disabling my account. Filthy rats. This is unlawful and criminal behavior.

So, their solution, like any regular stinking dirty thief would do, they lie, steal my money, and lock my account to erase evidence and access to it. In hope that i will shut up and go away.

I have been defrauded and seen they are a scam.

KRAKEN IS SCAM.

BTW, anybody saying, that they did well with Kraken so far, it does nothing to the matter. My case overrules any past normal interaction. I'm mad. I hate it that this happened to me. That i had to fall victim to such idiots. What i did, i made a wire transfer to a bank in another country that hates bitcoins, which i couln't know, which were returned back to Fidor bank, following a long period of lies that my funds are held with Fidor bank, now Kraken claiming they find "irregularities" in my account to have an excuse to destroy evidence of their crime. The only irregularity is in Kraken's confusion, not knowing how to cover it's lies in a universe made of truth.
bitcoinforhelp

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:47:19 AM

noone using because too low volume, im using btc-e but bitstamp is not bad either
zgums

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:28:25 AM

noone using because too low volume, im using btc-e but bitstamp is not bad either

They better have too low volume, the best would be ZERO volume.

Yes agreed, use btc-e, bitstamp, as long as it's not KRAKEN. But if you want to risk your funds to get stolen, go ahead.
Glizlack

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:52:52 AM

I have also used kraken without any issue's. but the poster above was correct their volume is just too low for it to be effect for my style trading. Your problems are the first I have seen with Kraken and i will be watching to see the results. Please keep us updated.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zgums

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:24:10 AM

No funds returned yet, account still locked. Yet another week passed.

They asked for:
 -  An alternative ID (for example, a passport).
 -  A photo of you holding the original ID used for your initial tier 3

Although it's a ridiculous request and unequal treatment, i have sent to them right after their request.
Again nothing changed and no response.

Current status: They defrauded me 2436 EUR, locked my account, asked for extra ID verification.

Kraken is operating against the European Convention on Human Rights, Protocol to the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, ARTICLE 1, Protection of property:
"Every natural or legal person is entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of his possessions. No one shall be deprived of his possessions except in the public interest and subject to the conditions provided for by law and by the general principles of international law."

I don't care if you say i take a long shot, it's not. My property is withheld without any logical reason for far too long. And suspiciously enough, they lock my account and don't answer on time and delay for several months.

There is nothing unlawful of me sending my funds via wire transfer service of Kraken to a bank, which then returns it (due they don't accept bitcoin related transfers), and after 2.5 months, Kraken decides to lock my account and still withholds my funds. CRIMINAL KRAKEN! KRAKEN IS FRAUD! Their license to operate should be canceled. I did not steal their money. They did it to me. I was urgently needing my funds to do payments, but no, they damage me. Why, because i thought Kraken was trustworthy. All this waste of time, all the emails written, all the stress all these extra requests of them, do you think this is worth my time and my life to waste with ? NO.

KRAKEN = CRIME
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:02:21 AM

I use to use Kraken - never had a problem with them. They are a bit slow though.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:18:33 AM

Current status: They defrauded me 2436 EUR, locked my account, asked for extra ID verification.

Have you done any legal action or at least report the police after the 2.5 months wait?

chaosPT

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:51:59 AM

I was just looking for exchanges to buy.

Now I figured https://www.kraken.com/ , but this exchange has 24h volume of just 2.5BTC.

Is this website a scam??

Sincerely,
Supreme Leader of Democratic People's Republic Korea
Kim Jong Un

I don think they are , i see that blockchain offer kraken on deposit .
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:36:30 PM

most likely not, they're just wasting time and money. too late to the party

Why would they be? I use kraken frequently and even though it has a low volume it has been doing everything it is supposed to pretty swift and secure for me.
Loophole

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:42:25 PM

most likely not, they're just wasting time and money. too late to the party

Why would they be? I use kraken frequently and even though it has a low volume it has been doing everything it is supposed to pretty swift and secure for me.

That comment by bitcoindigi was made in Sept.
At that time, Kraken was very new and a very small exchange. Most people didn't really have much trust in it, and hence we have this thread. Wink

zgums

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:40:30 PM

Have you done any legal action or at least report the police after the 2.5 months wait?

I'm located in Turkey. There is no way to complain through institutions. I would fly over to Germany if it will get necessary.
Only way to get noticed was through this topic in this forum, which i found after i searched the web for "Kraken scam".

After 1 month total silence from Kraken support, they started answering to me again, right after my initial post here.

So i guess this topic makes a difference. Maybe some repliers that say they had no problems with Kraken are trolls ? Who knows.
I'm sorry if i hurt anybody, because you're not a troll and express your genuine opinion. Since Kraken seemingly reads this post, too.

I wait for their next action to find out more about their true intentions. All their moves so far show, they're not innocent. Fact is that i'm still disconnected from my cash since 3.5 months:
- 1st month was lost until local bank here returned funds (return confirmed on 14th April 2014 by Kraken support).
- The next 2 months are lost while Kraken singing the same song: "waiting for Fidor Bank to refund back to my Kraken account".
- The last 2 weeks are after Kraken disabling my account.
Total 3.5 months passed, since 1st wire transfer leaving Kraken in 25th February 2014.
saif92

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:48:48 PM

I use to use Kraken - never had a problem with them. They are a bit slow though.
I also start to use this volume is very less and they have some restrictions just because of this peoples not going to this way hope in near future they will develop as good exchange

steelbuzz

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:35:57 AM

They don't seem to be a scam but I could be wrong.
ganabb

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:25:12 AM

This exchange hasn't started and is already my favorite one. Only one thing missing to make this the most epic exchange. A free BTC chat.

Coef

Activity: 882

Exhausted

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:44:48 AM

I'm located in Turkey. There is no way to complain through institutions. I would fly over to Germany if it will get necessary.
Only way to get noticed was through this topic in this forum, which i found after i searched the web for "Kraken scam".

After 1 month total silence from Kraken support, they started answering to me again, right after my initial post here.

So i guess this topic makes a difference. Maybe some repliers that say they had no problems with Kraken are trolls ? Who knows.
I'm sorry if i hurt anybody, because you're not a troll and express your genuine opinion. Since Kraken seemingly reads this post, too.

I wait for their next action to find out more about their true intentions. All their moves so far show, they're not innocent. Fact is that i'm still disconnected from my cash since 3.5 months:
- 1st month was lost until local bank here returned funds (return confirmed on 14th April 2014 by Kraken support).
- The next 2 months are lost while Kraken singing the same song: "waiting for Fidor Bank to refund back to my Kraken account".
- The last 2 weeks are after Kraken disabling my account.
Total 3.5 months passed, since 1st wire transfer leaving Kraken in 25th February 2014.

I see. I haven't tried Kraken, so I couldn't say if it is working for others.
I hope you can get your money back in the end. Good luck.

BitsBitsBits

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:06:19 PM

I used kraken for the first time today and it went flawlessly.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zgums

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:32:13 AM

Finally, I got refunded today. Kraken came up clean and is definitively legit.

Good move, Kraken!
VeroPossumus

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:16:35 AM

Its legit but the name "kraken" makes me think that when i get there smth evil will happen.  Shocked
Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:20:09 AM

Kraken is legit, and probably one of the best exchanges available. The kraken api is extensive, and the new order has a lot of options in advanced method.

Yes, Kraken asks a lot of information, but that's ok, they need to do that.
Kraken has also been auditted by a 3th party from this forum, everything cleared out.

24-hour volume at the moment is not 2 bitcoin, 24 hour volume is 1287 btc.
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:07:20 AM

I was just looking for exchanges to buy.

Now I figured https://www.kraken.com/ , but this exchange has 24h volume of just 2.5BTC.

Is this website a scam??

Sincerely,
Supreme Leader of Democratic People's Republic Korea
Kim Jong Un

So why should it be a scam if the volume is only 2,5BTC in 24h??? I don't understand`?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: