Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-9-20 GoldSilverBitcoin - Trace Mayer Discusses Armory Investment  (Read 511 times)
SilverVigilante (OP)

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 01:44:41 AM

What led you to Armory?
T: Well, I’ve been following Armory since it started. ive been around Bitcoin a long time and so i understand what the Bitcoin ecosystem needs, i understand how all the pieces play together, at least as well as anyone else i suppose. As you’ve said I’ve led some of the larger names in finance. For instance, I participated in the seed round of BitPay before Peter Thiel. Everyone knows Peter Thiel from Paypal.

The reason I am so interested in Armory is because Alan is really the best at what he does and what he does is extremely complex and extremely specialized. Bitcoin is very complicated from a mathematical point of view and then Bitcoin programming particulary – I don’t know if you or the listeners here have much experience programming- but programming can be a very tedious and specialized thing.
And particularly Bitcoin programming is just this very tiny niche there aren’t a lot of people with much expertise in it. And those who have attempted it dont have much expertise necessarily in cryptography.

Alan has a masters in cryptography, he has advanced degrees in cryptographies and mathematics and statitistics and he has built Armory, which is far and away the best Bitcoin wallet in the space, it’s best of breed, there is no doubt about that, and in Bitcoin Land, if you’re going to invest in critical pieces of the infrastructure, then I’d want to invest in the best at what they do, and Alan is among the best at what he does.

- See more at: https://www.goldsilverbitcoin.com/gsbtc-with-trace-mayer/#sthash.2yHnQjIx.dpuf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: