Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:24:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Regulation Attempt affects the Bitcoin Price?  (Read 382 times)
andreijoaquin

Activity: 173
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:43:32 PM

I consider myself as newbie to crypto currency, i observed that if there is news regarding regulation of Bitcoin the price fallback will follow.
It may or may not affect the price of bitcoin, in fact up to this moment no clear evidence to proof which circumstances affects the fluctuations of bitcoin price, some says the demand, other says the country's involvement to legality of bitcoin and a lot of speculation. But one thing is clear now, bitcoin price will continue to fluctuates from time to time.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:52:24 PM

I consider myself as newbie to crypto currency, i observed that if there is news regarding regulation of Bitcoin the price fallback will follow.
I can imagine that for the moment regulations can drag the bitcoin price down.
People think through regulations it will become more difficult to buy or sell bitcoins. Maybe they even have to pay taxes.
But when you look at it closer, you see that those regulations make it more difficult for the scammers as well to play their game. And nobody likes to get scammed!
That is why I think regulations make the crypto currency market safer. And because of that, more people will stay invested.
And that leads in the end to a higher price than without regulations.

It's me!!!
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:13:21 PM

Any news can affect cryptocurrecnies market. And Regulation news are the same.
I think Regulations might cause the price to fall in short time. For example some people don't want to pay taxes and they might leave the market. But I think the effect in long term is positive. because it makes the market more healthy.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:26:52 PM

I've never been paying that much attention to price before, during and after the possible crypto ban, but surely if some country was to ban crypto, people in that country would go panic selling and probably dump all of their coins from fear. That could probably have some effect on the price but it also depends what country it is, how many btc holders it has.
If the country banning bitcoin in your scenario is not a big player in crypto then the effects will be limited but if it is one of the big players then we will see a crash but like always something that may seem negative can in fact be good since that will be a way for us to get cheap bitcoin for a limited amount of time, after all even if bitcoin was banned in most parts of the world it is not likely it will be banned everywhere and so we will always have ways to trade and cash out our bitcoin.

Well regulations should be healthy for bitcoin in the long run. It doesn't mean that when it is regulated, it gets banned. There are some aspects of bitcoin that can be harmful to the security of people so there should be some restrictions in a way to negate that. Though it may seem to be a negative effect for those holding btc, but we have to look at it for the long term
Bitcoin can be a security risk we all now that but the biggest issue for governments is how are they going to regulate something in which they do not have any control, they can control when a person sells his bitcoin for fiat and require all kind of KYC policies but what are they going to do when we can buy stuff directly with bitcoin? What are they going to do to stop people from using bitcoin instead of fiat?
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:47:02 PM

News are affecting the price of bitcoin. I don't know the truth behind it and why whales are getting some move when there is.

But the whole market is just a game of puff and bluff, when there are interesting news they take advantage of it so that the weak handlers will follow them as well and will help the storm that they are about to create. If there are good news too, it has a positive effect.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: