Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:25:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open to Suggestions to Encourage Reviews at TBL  (Read 817 times)
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 03:14:17 AM

I'm getting some good traffic at The Bitcoin List but not a single site has been reviewed since I gave away a bitcoin on July 1st. Does anyone have any suggestions to encourage visitors to submit reviews?

Still around.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:33:07 AM

I'm getting some good traffic at The Bitcoin List but not a single site has been reviewed since I gave away a bitcoin on July 1st. Does anyone have any suggestions to encourage visitors to submit reviews?

I've checked out the site and looked at it for a couple of minutes and its a pretty cool idea I learned about a few bitcoin sites.
However the colours arn't soo easy on the eyes and the categories.... its just too much I feel like I'm still swimming in a sea of a search engine results.
I would actually use this if it was easyer to find stuff then sift through categories, maybe a front page with all the popular stuff and a categories listening page like how you have now would be helpfull.

Again... trying not to sounds like a troll those were some honest opinions from a web developer. So go easy on any replies you might have Wink
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:44:51 AM

Heres another one, I have trouble getting the pages to open, as I try to attempt to click on the BIG letters(with shadows) and not the link it self. Also there is no screen shots, I'm forced to click on every single one to see a preview.

There is no bread crumb navigation on the review pages

The last criticism I have is: everything is too basic, such as when I went to gaming hardware and saw a list of sites one that caught my eye was BitPorium and the description was "BitPorium Mining Rigs, Components, and BTC to Paypal exchange." so I thought I'd check it out thinking it would give me some more information about the site what kind of Good stuff they had and what was overpriced ,etc ,etc all i found was the same description which was fine at first. but when i read the reviews it wasn't really comprehensible.

I'm not trying to attack you, all im saying is there is no content.... YES there is alot of sites which I didn't even know existed thats pretty cool. If you want people to come back I recommend you do some site reviewing your self purchase a couple of their products as a customer and see how there service is and log everything then report it on your site.
That would get me to come back. I' booked marked the site to see its progress because i really do like that site. but there's soo much potential you could be tapping into with this. Cheesy
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 01:50:01 PM

Thanks, Xenland, for your constructive comments (not at all troll-ish, BTW).

I'll be working on the CSS when I get a chance. I agree that there should be more descriptive content but, between my "day job," BitBrew, marketing for SquareWear, my family, and trying to be a productive member of this forum, it's all I can do to add a sentence or two to The List per day. Site owners are encouraged to send me any text and/or images they want included in their listing but so far only Camp BX has really taken me up on it. Most of the emails I get are just "Add my site please" and a link.

A more welcoming landing page with a plea for user contributions sounds like a good idea, too.

Still around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: