Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLONIEX is going downhill...  (Read 327 times)
block head

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:55:34 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 04:54:28 AM by block head

what's "circle buying"?

Probably whatever it wants.

It obviously only wants the customers prepared to do KYC.Poloniex keeps delisting shitcoins, so circle probably only wants to take on the big coin markets. One word from circle and poloniex will get rid of 50 shitcoins overnight. Circle can pick and choose what coin markets it wants to keep.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:36:10 AM

Update:

after only 43 days my dgb appeared on destination address. Of course, like ALWAYS, they have lost at least 40% of value in satoshis...

issue is closed.

Yeah... I've moved to Poloniex to Binance a while back as well, and stopped using bittrex because they all had deposits and withdrawals problems and their support would never ever respond to a ticket on time or have the slightest commitment to solving my issue.

Sorry to hear that it took that long and you also lost money along the way, in fact 40% loss of value in satoshis is probably more like >60% loss in fiat terms due to the bitcoin crash as well.

Suddenly, another addition to this infamous history of events:

yesterday I tried to move some cynereo AMP from Poloniex to Bittrex, luckily I made a test with 30 dollars value, the AMP withdrawal resulted in (red) error on poloniex, then unlocked today after almoust 24hours, and completed correctly.

Of course, AMP value dropped today, so resulted in another loss.

What do you mean by "red" error on poloniex?

Anyways all of your experiences show that poloniex is not an exchange that can be trusted on a regular basis, therefore it's probably wise to trade on another exchange at least for the time being. They used to be an awesome exchange, though. Sad to see this going down.

Smiley
JCM

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

I'm waiting to get verified now for more than 5 months!! Ridiculous. I have money one it and I can't withdraw it.
dsmn

Activity: 68
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:42:39 PM

Guys stay away from poloniex, I have friends that have had coins locked up there for over 9 months now with no answer on their ticket.
Look at their twitter man, there is 1000's complaining about this, they have a serious problem.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 10:52:27 AM

Well I have only tried adding bitcoin in poloniex and also withdrawing some from there, and both times it worked alright. I know it takes some time to process but I think it maybe due to the low fees they charge for withdrawals, so that is fine.
And yes adding funds does take too much time, even more than withdrawals, but fortunately for me, both times it worked fine.
Winstar78 (OP)

Activity: 365
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:19:18 AM

Well I have only tried adding bitcoin in poloniex and also withdrawing some from there, and both times it worked alright. I know it takes some time to process but I think it maybe due to the low fees they charge for withdrawals, so that is fine.
And yes adding funds does take too much time, even more than withdrawals, but fortunately for me, both times it worked fine.

main coins work usually fine with poloniex. I have never had problems with ETH or BTC but one time they issued a missing transaction for LTC, and I rescued them 3 days later.
I think they have some bug in their withdrawal process, sometimes something goes bad and they also admitted this on official thread
Hamphser

Activity: 2450
Merit: 325

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:26:38 PM

main coins work usually fine with poloniex. I have never had problems with ETH or BTC but one time they issued a missing transaction for LTC, and I rescued them 3 days later.
I think they have some bug in their withdrawal process, sometimes something goes bad and they also admitted this on official thread
Having these delayed issues wont really be new specially into this very high volumed exchange on where there would be backlogs and delays which causes slowdown into its operation. Likewise, i didnt experience any issues when depositing and withdrawing specially on main coins like BTC and ETH but when it comes into another alts i do experienced delays but somehow they do able to resolve it later on.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Winstar78 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:57:53 PM

I think in the crypto "digital" world, in ANY condition, for ANY coin, a delay of more than an hour should not be acceptable.

But in Poloniex they have NO customer support, and eventually fix problems after months. this is ridicolous for a big exchange like them
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:31:17 PM

Made a big mistake to send again some funds to mine Poloniex account. On March 25 I did send 1403 XEM(NEM) from Binance to Poloniex but the coins never arrived in mine wallet. The first time that support did answer they closed the ticket without checking if the coins were actually credited into mine account. Second time they did answer they said that they will forward it to the tech team. Until now I didn’t hear anymore back from them.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:05:08 PM

I think in the crypto "digital" world, in ANY condition, for ANY coin, a delay of more than an hour should not be acceptable.

These are your own preferences, which aren't all that crazy, but impossible to demand from exchanges. On top of that, it's not that all users experience the same level of delays. Don't get me wrong, it's never a good thing to wait for hours and hours after having already reached the required number of confirmations for deposits, but it's a centralized service depending on various aspects to keep functioning well simultaneously. If one aspect of their operation isn't able to keep up, there might be people suffering from delays -- we have to cut exchanges some slack. Delays in a market as active as the crypto market are annoying, but people need to get used to them....

But in Poloniex they have NO customer support, and eventually fix problems after months. this is ridicolous for a big exchange like them

Poloniex with their new owners has enough capital to invest in more support staff, which is exactly what they are trying to accomplish now. They explicitly pointed that out themselves.
dsmn

Activity: 68
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:20:14 AM

I have 2 friends that got LTC stuck there for half a year, so also affect big coins, the problem is that you should be shitting your pants each time you withdraw because you never know when youre gona be one of the unlucky.
Winstar78 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:32:42 PM

Other additions to this thread:

yesterday during the BCN show, i tried to withdraw 5000 bcn and send to Binance, in the meanwhile, amoung other problems, I did the same with Hitbtc.

Well at the end the ones from HITBTC arrived, the ones from Poloniex  have compledet transaction with Txid and, as usual, no coins on the network.

No Txid found.

and I just discovered you need 2000  TWO THOUSAND confirmations to deposit PINK coin on Poloniex.

Come on guys, you are RIDICOLOUS
Winstar78 (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:29:44 AM

Yesterday I tried to deposit some "nexium" on Poloniex. That's a simple ERC20 token, usually in 20 minutes deposit should be done.

Well, the blockchain showed 100+ confirmations and deposit did not appear. After more than half an hour, 2/35 confirmations appeared. It stayed there for another half an hour, then I've gone to sleep. In the meanwhile on etherscan there were 150+ confirmations.

this exchange is dying and it deserves that.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: