Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:23:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts on a $3.00 - $3.24 per GH/s per Year Bitcoin Mining Contract  (Read 8828 times)
topminingcontracts

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 12:28:18 PM

Cooling is part of the Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE).

Thank You.

Sorry buy you need to review all the plan.

TMC

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:15:53 PM

Thank You.

TMC
Sorry but you need to understand PUE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_usage_effectiveness
Hes right on track, except I would charge a lot less to host than a data center Tongue
topminingcontracts

Activity: 532

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 07:30:59 PM

Thank You.

TMC
Hes right on track, except I would charge a lot less to host than a data center Tongue

I founded and sold 2 ISPs in my life one with a quite big hosting and colocation data center.

If he plan to use Cointerra devices is 1200 W +/- 20% each, the to cool down in a "regular" data center 2440 W per unit with the electricity cost Supercomputing is saying, what is not possible in most States and in just few countries he will need much more money, Is not the same to host 2 or 3 machines that create excessive heat and power usage in a Data Center, that is lost in all the facility, you have 95% customers using less than expected energy and cooling and one 5% over the limit at the end you dont care, If the same guy wish 50 racks all changes, and you review all after seeing your premium customers complaints about the Room temperature and after receiving the electricity bill, as a Data Center owner you call the guy and say "hey joe this is not working for us".

Bitcoin mining require a different Data Center, one where cooling is very cheap and probably uses the outside cool air in some way and outside air needs to be cool, and a lot of electricity, Electricity in bitcoin mining is like the Bandwidth in a regular data center.

We can discuss it if you wish but really Supercomputer has a nice idea but he is not considering many things in the costs area and not only in Data Center, he is doing the number like if a miner is a standalone server that you leave it there and works alone, and the equipment is almost experimental you require to manage the volume of machines he wishes 2 guys 24/7 on site, with knowledge of bitcoin mining, so you need 8 bitcoin mining admins, plus lets say one chief, how he is going to pay that?

The plan is a nice idea but needs a lot of improvement, total cost per machine will be over u$s 250 near $400 most probable.

TMC

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Supercomputing (OP)

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:33:02 PM

Thank You.

TMC

I founded and sold 2 ISPs in my life one with a quite big hosting and colocation data center.

If he plan to use Cointerra devices is 1200 W +/- 20% each, the to cool down in a "regular" data center 2440 W per unit with the electricity cost Supercomputing is saying, what is not possible in most States and in just few countries he will need much more money, Is not the same to host 2 or 3 machines that create excessive heat and power usage in a Data Center, that is lost in all the facility, you have 95% customers using less than expected energy and cooling and one 5% over the limit at the end you dont care, If the same guy wish 50 racks all changes, and you review all after seeing your premium customers complaints about the Room temperature and after receiving the electricity bill, as a Data Center owner you call the guy and say "hey joe this is not working for us".

Bitcoin mining require a different Data Center, one where cooling is very cheap and probably uses the outside cool air in some way and outside air needs to be cool, and a lot of electricity, Electricity in bitcoin mining is like the Bandwidth in a regular data center.

We can discuss it if you wish but really Supercomputer has a nice idea but he is not considering many things in the costs area and not only in Data Center, he is doing the number like if a miner is a standalone server that you leave it there and works alone, and the equipment is almost experimental you require to manage the volume of machines he wishes 2 guys 24/7 on site, with knowledge of bitcoin mining, so you need 8 bitcoin mining admins, plus lets say one chief, how he is going to pay that?

The plan is a nice idea but needs a lot of improvement, total cost per machine will be over u$s 250 near $400 most probable.

TMC

You are forgetting something which is very important, dissipating 629 kW of power will be handled differently by various data centers. If you are running a dinosaur of a data center which wasn't designed with high efficiency in mind, you will pay for it. I choose to host my equipment in a modern day data center with an efficient design.

There is one thing that you cannot deny in life, different people are good at different things. It is a fact of life.

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
MerchantMiner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:55:37 PM

Thank You.

TMC

TMC

You are forgetting something which is very important, dissipating 629 kW of power will be handled differently by various data centers. If you are running a dinosaur of a data center which wasn't designed with high efficiency in mind, you will pay for it. I choose to host my equipment in a modern day data center with an efficient design.

There is one thing that you cannot deny in life, different people are good at different things. It is a fact of life.

Sounds good go for it and prove everyone wrong. i will agree though with the previous post that your costs at that level will be high, 629kW is a lot of power and alot of cooling. bit mining is a HOT game. Dose your data center understand this? do they have experience of running BitCoin Mining Rigs?

i personally do this for a hobby and something to keep me occupied , i also support this new style of doing business & god knows i hate the fucking EVIL banks.
More Details needed i dont think this is possible with current tech the margins are too close for something to go wrong, what insurance will you give if you get a weeks worth of DDoS ? or bitcoins fall massively in price?
can i cancel a contract at any point ? too many factors for me to invest in this . i dont have faith in other people im afraid

nyktalgia1

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:11:56 PM

Does this exist?

I wouldn't recommend PRC or SAFEDICE. PRimedice hasnt fucked me yet but we'll see...
jixin55

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 11:57:48 PM

if you need to cut costs, just change the contract period to 9 months.

i will buy this if this is available.
Supercomputing (OP)

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:41:18 AM

Does this exist?

No, sorry. However, I am working to put up a 5 megawatt (mostly hydro and wind powered) green facility by the end of 2014. I will even have much better, hosting only, deals then. My contribution to the Bitcoin community will be to provide ridiculously inexpensive hosting solutions. Who would have imagined that I would be trading at $1,100 USD per Bitcoin in 2013.

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
jongameson

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:01:50 AM

i wouldn't even spend 1 ฿.  not that i have that much anyway  Cry
nyktalgia1

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:57:48 AM

I got a contract for 4.5 /ghs  hopefully its not a scam :/

I wouldn't recommend PRC or SAFEDICE. PRimedice hasnt fucked me yet but we'll see...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: