Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:28:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think that Bitcoin could become a popular payment method?
Yes, in a few months - 3 (8.6%)
Yes, but in some years - 27 (77.1%)
Don't know - 3 (8.6%)
No, it's too volatile - 2 (5.7%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that Bitcoin could become a popular payment method?  (Read 542 times)
Leon2_18

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:08:59 PM

In some countries, bitcoin is not accepted , besides bitcoin is too volatile, as a means of payment, it can be very unprofitable for obih stoon.
JJelly

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:15:35 PM

Yes, in some years because of the processing tools of different countries around the world. Law is law, we cannot expedite the due process of the government. Different countries different processes to be encountered after to be promoted as one of a paying method. In some terms it is now popular because of its fast profitable investment.
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:21:31 PM

Today I was reading on The Wall Street Journal an interview to John Rainey, CFO of Paypal. He said that Bitcoin will probably become a popular payment method in the future, but right now it's too volatile to use it as a currency.

My opinion is the same about volatility. Right now we can't use it as a currency because of its price changes, but I don't know if Bitcoin will ever have the stability needed.

There are lots of agents manipulating its price all the time, so I don't know if it will be ever possible to use it one day as a payment method. It's like trying to use gold to pay for something. As long as we compare BTC with USD it will never be a currency.

What do you think?
I would personally say yes bitcoin could become a popular payment gateway,
bitcoin is safe, secure, easy to be used and understand, so huge merchant online store
are adapting to this virtual currency an accepting bitcoin as a payment method.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
VIC-btcforum

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 04:28:33 PM

Sadly i don t think that anymore. the fact is btc is becoming for more and more people a asset rathher the a currency
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:24:37 PM

It's hard for me to imagine a system in which you can pay for something in Bitcoin, the item you get is broken, and so you need your money back. I've been dealing with an online item dispute for a while now and even with fiat it seems like a complete shit-show to the point where say if I had used Bitcoin to buy the item it would be nearly impossible to try and fix the situation.
nastyabor

Activity: 322
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:16:30 PM

at the moment it is difficult to imagine that most people will want to take bitcoin as a means of payment.
Kauffmanesd

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:20:03 PM

Yes.I Think also same.It Will become a popular payment method but in few years.
cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:38:25 PM

The bitcoin revolution is gathering momentum and breaking barriers and seeing new frontiers on a daily basis. From Japan to Malaysia to Zimbabwe, the currency and all behind it are making daily transactions faster and easier. By 2020, the bitcoin could be one of the leading,if not the leading currency of choice to do business
redsap

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:43:39 PM

Yeah i belive that
Bitcoin evey year rising it poppularity neither as a currency or just an asset but we know something that is good when bitcoin reach it full potential and rising stablize and we would say yes bitcoin can be a poppular payment method

Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:46:39 PM

Bitcoin will become a normal payment method that we will be able to use anywhere but I don't think it is going to be very popular. Why would someone use bitcoin to pay for something with bitcoin and pay an extra 1$ on fees if he can pay directly with cash or credit cards without a commission? Only if he doesn't have cash or credit card in his pocket and he has bitcoin but that rarely happens.

Pretty much anyone who has a few tens of million of dollars can manipulate the price in just a few minutes and make a lot of companies lose money through this. Probably that's why some companies just don't want to accept bitcoin as a payment method, because they know how it works and how big the risks are.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:21:15 PM

I think it even happened. Bitcoin may be used for payment at KFC stores in Canada, according to a recent report. After that, I speculate that the BTC payment scheme will be accepted especially for those with high prices. Bitcoin can be used, for example, when driving a car or home. But as I always said, first of all I need to increase Bitcoin transfer rate. It would not make sense if they wanted to wait 10-15 minutes for payment at the store. It will not be easy to pay without increasing the transfer rate. In this sense, lighting technology will increase the block capacity, as SegWit, which is very important for Bitcoin. Regardless, if this issue is resolved, the price of Bitcoin will increase significantly.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:23:26 PM

The possibility also of making Bitcoin become the most popular mode of payment was great. Why? It is fast, easy and secure because it uses blockchain technology. It also connects all the countries from different parts of the world due to decentralization. I think acceptance and awareness of Bitcoin are the keys to be able to make this possible.
cryp-to-art

Activity: 33
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:32:38 PM

There are a lot of stores and shops that accept BTC or other cryptocurrencies as a payment already...but it will take a while to build an infrastructure, so everyone can find them easily.
samantadegrenet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:41:23 PM

Perhaps in the future when some rules have been enacted and the btc will have achieved greater stability it can become a popular payment currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: