Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:34:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cinnamon Coin 1.4.1 (CIN) No PreMine (POW )& POS TRADE ON COINS-E  (Read 29925 times)
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 06:25:40 AM

This is proof of stake, your reward for helping guard the network, or as some call it interest.

If the shares were orphans back up your wallet and try downloading the blockchain again it may correct that.

It is also possible that they are true orphans. 

Can anybody explain me one interesting thing, please...
Beginning from yesterday, my wallet started to recieve small amounts of CIN (around 0.09 in each transaction) with label "mined", and wallet show them as "Stale". But I'am not mining Cinnamon for at least 2 weeks Smiley
It's some promo bonus?

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
jnada

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:35:14 AM

Can anybody explain me one interesting thing, please...
Beginning from yesterday, my wallet started to recieve small amounts of CIN (around 0.09 in each transaction) with label "mined", and wallet show them as "Stale". But I'am not mining Cinnamon for at least 2 weeks Smiley
It's some promo bonus?

And you got in your wallet circa 2800 CIN? - should be arround as far I understand this quite interesting feature of CinnamonCoin PoW/PoS.

Which came out of: If 1 Block mined in PoS is proprtionally divided to all owners of CiN and one block contains 64 CiN, then 0.09 out of 64 should be equal to 2800 out of 1974200 all CiNs in circulation. Is this math correct?
Or Coins out of PoS block are only spreaded between owners of CiN on wallets that are connected to network at the time?

NEM                                        NEM                                          NEM                            launch on 22nd November 2014 !                                          TAQDPC-BT35MC-YAWTKQ-OFEZOS-CMBKHM-F5Q3L6-YEYL
Shivoreun

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:00:20 PM

OK, I see now. My node is up 24/7, so look like it serves some transactions...

And you got in your wallet circa 2800 CIN? - should be arround as far I understand this quite interesting feature of CinnamonCoin PoW/PoS.
No. For today I've recieved ~1.5 CIN Smiley

P.S. Sorry for errors in English - it's not my native language...
jnada

Activity: 310

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:55:04 PM

OK, I see now. My node is up 24/7, so look like it serves some transactions...

No. For today I've recieved ~1.5 CIN Smiley

Then we need to wait till Dev explanation, even if complicated I'm quite curious how it works

NEM                                        NEM                                          NEM                            launch on 22nd November 2014 !                                          TAQDPC-BT35MC-YAWTKQ-OFEZOS-CMBKHM-F5Q3L6-YEYL
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 12:07:09 PM

You don't have to be connected to the network.
If you are not when you do connect the number of coins held and coin age will make it more likely you can earn a proof of stake block.
Sorry I don't visit here often , I have discussed these concepts in great detail at cryptocoin talk where the official support for the coin is hosted.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

sheinsha

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:32:07 AM

Hi, block explorer is down, any other available?

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
GunPowder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:15:22 PM

Hi guys
Can anybody give me a wallet for CIN please? I really don't know how to pull it from docs.google
Thank you
Shivoreun

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:12:19 PM

Hi guys
Can anybody give me a wallet for CIN please? I really don't know how to pull it from docs.google
Thank you

You simply need to press "File" menu, just below the filename, and then select "Download" (or Ctrl+S).

P.S. Sorry for errors in English - it's not my native language...
GunPowder

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:35:23 AM

Hi guys
Thank you

You simply need to press "File" menu, just below the filename, and then select "Download" (or Ctrl+S).
Of course I tried to do that. It doesn't work for me, I'm getting 404 page through.
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 08:31:41 AM

Client updated &source updated (non mandatory) with checkpoints

I added a link to media fire for those having issues with google drive

It appears the block explorer is down as someone pointed out , I will look into it

The main post is updated with links but here are the 1.4 version wallets

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8503hoyr74TjVCUF9QQVpRaWs/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gpbncdcnf1p6i9p/Cinnamon_Coin_1.4_win_qt.7z

Thanks to everyone who continues to support the coin :-)

Check out my coin Photon

GunPowder

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:13:05 PM

Client updated &source updated (non mandatory) with checkpoints

I added a link to media fire for those having issues with google drive
There is no "Start mining" button, how can I start it?

cgminer sais:
[21:17:45] Probing for an alive pool
[21:17:45] No suitable long-poll found for http://192.168.1.2:19125
[21:17:51] API running in IP access mode on port 4028 (57024)
[21:19:23] 192.168.1.2:19125 not providing work fast enough
[21:19:51] 192.168.1.2:19125 not providing work fast enough
[21:20:05] 192.168.1.2:19125 not providing work fast enough
[21:20:33] 192.168.1.2:19125 not providing work fast enough
[21:20:47] 192.168.1.2:19125 not providing work fast enough
[21:21:01] 192.168.1.2:19125 not providing work fast enough
[21:21:15] 192.168.1.2:19125 not providing work fast enough

Is it a problem?
GunPowder

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:29:47 AM

Whats going on?

Est. Shares   2804 (done: 5801.93%)

It got stuck!
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:24:02 AM

To answer the question "Where is the start mining button"

If you want to mine with your cpu from the qt wallet type

setgeneratetrue -1

in the rpc console to mine on all availavle cores of your computer.

If you have 8 cores available and want to mine while not slowing down your computer
you can type

setgeneratetrue 7

and it will mine on 7 cores

Substitute another number here 2, 3 , whatever to suit your taste.

If you want to see your 'hash rate '

Type

getmininginfo

in the rpc console and it will show.

NOW - That question being answered you may not want to mine with a cpu with current difficulty.

The chances of hitting a block are very (very) low.

Gpu mining only is recommended.

Thanks to all for your support.

In just a few days Cinnamon Coin will be running Five Months Strong

More miners and activity all the time at the exchanges (Coins-E & Open Ex)

To satisfy the community I have contacted all other active exchanges I am aware of and the only reply I got was from Poloniex who e mailed me back to say they would consider adding the coin. All other exchanges did not reply or acknowledge my communication to them. I am greatful

to Coins-E and Open Ex for recognition and support and you should support these exchanges.

I try to do business ONLY with the exchanges who support my coin.

Cinnamon Coin has been and wil always be run honest and open. I have not used personal bitcoin to place false
buy orders or 'pump' the coin to get attention (using multiple fake accounts on exchanges like others)

fyi I do not check this forum daily so please visit the 'official' support forum mentioned above in the main post for any urgent questions or a faster reply

Check out my coin Photon

sheinsha

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:03:12 PM

For all those that want to mine Cinnamon Coins

CIN.Minar.cc Mining Pool is waiting for you with the latest version 1.4!

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
Rolandash

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:46:49 AM

I can not find the happy mining experience any more, used to be quite smooth.

Now after the upgrade it can be 20hrs mining just for 0 with a 2MH miner. Is there a fork with the coin? The block explorer is also down for quite some time so people have no where to check.

Will anyone check for this?
50tugrikov

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:50:25 PM

I can not find the happy mining experience any more, used to be quite smooth.

Now after the upgrade it can be 20hrs mining just for 0 with a 2MH miner. Is there a fork with the coin? The block explorer is also down for quite some time so people have no where to check.

Will anyone check for this?

Hi, Rol

I'm Portu (cin.minar 3d place finder  Smiley )
I think CIN very cool coin. But for now it is not for GPU and pool mining. CIN net is very stable with good and quick transaction's power. CIN power is in PoS and this is very good thing. Also I suppose that CIN very very undervalued coin and will be rise  Grin
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

I had a moment to check in here and answer a few questions.

As far as the most recent update the only change in the last client was a checkpoint.

See the source code on github if you don't believe me & compile it yourself.

Nothing else was changed although I was testing some changes I decided not to release at this time.

What you must understand is that proof stake coins are quite different than proof of work coins only.

The money supply of CIN is currently at 1.527 million coins

It has a target of 300 blocks every 24 hours and difficulty adjusts every block for proof of work.
Cinnamon Coin was born September 21, 2013 so with 64 coins a block if the coin was proof of work only you would expect the money supply to be over 3 million.

Instead of being on or about block 48,000 my blockchain is just under 37,000 in height.

I will be very honest with you the code was not written or created by me but was cloned from another coin that I studied and some changes were made the distribution model and proof of stake parameters to what i thought would be a very fair and stable coin and one that could sustain for a very long time.

Now March 2014 even more so when this was done the world of alternatives to bitcoin to me each had flaws.

If you want exact detail read my post "the logic and reason why Cinnamon Coin was created".

Also even more so today than last fall people are very impatient.

Everyone wants big block awards , fast block times, and they want it to be an overnight sensation headed to the moon when in reality it is all mostly folly and bullshit.

Here is the best news of all:

Cinnamon Coin turned out better in design for the fairness and stability I was seeking than I ever could have hoped. Proof of Stake blocks will always take priority over proof of work blocks. This keeps the network running (slow block time but stable) and rewards those who are holding their coins. The coin age requirements for Cinnamon Coin are 30 days and 60 days for full weight.

1% Interest Per Year

Not 100% a year like most coins (some are way higher) So no runaway inflation but you do get a reward and you don't have to have a lot of coin age to get it. (compared with most coins)

Because proof of stake ALWAYS takes priority over proof of work (saving energy)
as one person stated above it is really hard to mine a proof of work block, a few days I have seen hours go by with no proof of work block on the network.

A lot of people will not mine my coin for this reason.

If you type
getdifficulty
into the rpc console you get the proof of work and proof of stake difficulty.

So considering how cheap you can buy Cinnamon Coin at Coins-E or Open Ex
it is actually really cheap right now.

It seems to change hands frequently also.

I have seen several days where trade volume is well over 100k coins on coins-e
so that is equal to 7% of all coins changing hands in a day !!

If you are looking for a coin that is easy to mine, easy to sell for a profit to earn bit coin ,
fast with instant rewards or designed for 'pump and dumps'  there are lots of coins to suit you.

If you want to make a small investment in a coin that is stable, built to last, energy efficient , operated honestly , and has a developer who will not vanish and is going to support the coin long term wel ome aboard.

Once the nerwork is running at least a year I have several people who have approached me to use Cinnamon Coin for different services. (Many are contacts outside the world of bitcoin who I have met on Twitter over the years where I have a well established but personal account) Some of these relate to the entertainment business, music business, concert tickets, technology and other fields. Nothing is certain so I don't want to promise anyone things that may not happen.

I will promise that Cinnamon Coin will outlast all the 1 minute block time lite coin clones and most of the instamined & premined coins that clutter the alt coin world like garbage.

As far as the block explorer I am currently working on making a full block crawler for another project then I will make one for Cinnamon Coin.

I am also the developer of Photon (another coin with long term potential based on the blake 256 algorithm) and a full block crawler is a little more difficult to code due to proof of stake than something that is proof of work only.

If you have more questions on Cinnamon Coin the official support is at cryptocoin talk .

Cinnamon Coin is more alive than ever.

Thank you to all who support it.

Check out my coin Photon

irlandescoin

Activity: 567
Merit: 502

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:09:09 PM

blockchain?

how many blocks are mined?

back here after the boom in 2013
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:18:00 PM

just under 38,500
not all pow, some pos

money supply is now 1.538 million total

blockchain?

how many blocks are mined?

Check out my coin Photon

Nelberg

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:38:19 AM

No blocks since yesterday what's the deal
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: