Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:32:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit - how to up rank?  (Read 298 times)
polonez (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:31:23 PM

Good day, everyone! Help me please advice how to get Merits? At the end of March, I have enough activity for the next rank, but because of the lack of merit, I can not get Sr. Member. Help me, please....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leath08

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:49:02 PM

im a newbie here, but i just read merit works by, other members rewarding you with merits on your posts, i think thats how i understand it.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:49:31 PM

Good day, everyone! Help me please advice how to get Merits? At the end of March, I have enough activity for the next rank, but because of the lack of merit, I can not get Sr. Member. Help me, please....

I'd say the best way is going to be giving a well written concise answer to a question first.. or create your own posts in popular subforums like bitcoin (I notice a lot of merits are given in posts there).  Lots of the OG people on the forums with lots of smerits tend to hover around bitcoin related topics and meta (because of the recent merit post storm) so I would suggest also trying to help some others there if those are your expertise.

Here's an example of my highest merit post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2944431.msg30246763#msg30246763

I know it's gonna be a steep climb but you'll get there. (I still got a long ways before your rank and am extremely excited to get that one!)  Good luck Cheesy
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 06:40:35 PM
Merited by Vod (1)

The first requirement is to learn how to read threads. You won't be able to contribute to the forum until you have mastered that basic skill.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Ms Emi

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

Complete transparency on your charitable donations

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:12:11 PM

To be honest gathering merit from a different user here is very difficult because they have a lot of preference to call you post worth giving merit.
Just ask your FB friends to give you if they are here, though three of my friend gat a red mark because they are giving only their merit with the group.
We know it's not fair to others but, I don't blame them because of its called practicality.

G i f t c o i n  ♥  Small change. Big impact.
ICO: 20th March 2018 (https://www.giftcoin.org/)
HodorHodl

Activity: 84
Merit: 58

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:47:56 PM

To be honest gathering merit from a different user here is very difficult because they have a lot of preference to call you post worth giving merit.
Just ask your FB friends to give you if they are here, though three of my friend gat a red mark because they are giving only their merit with the group.
We know it's not fair to others but, I don't blame them because of its called practicality.

I think you can probably expect red paint sometime soon.
HodorHodl

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:51:32 PM

The first requirement is to learn how to read threads. You won't be able to contribute to the forum until you have mastered that basic skill.

Honestly, it's this.

Shooting for Sr. Member, and still have to come and spam with this question?

With about 50 threads on it in the first 3 pages?

You don't deserve the damn rank.
Asian_Dynasty

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:34:35 PM

Seriously? Help other people with their questions, whire something usefull and people give you merit.

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
ntrader

Activity: 264
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 02:42:47 AM

if you try to post good and useful content you will reach the rank that you want. so please see the people needs and post high quality content and try to write content with your own words. then u will catch merits from users
milugau

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:58:19 AM

Actually, you are lack of 10 more activities for next rank (Senior member), at the moment I write the thread. Additionally, you need 250 Merit points totally for the rank, by which I mean you need 146 more merit scores to rank up.
In order to earn merits, you have to compose and publish posts which are useful, helpful, constructive, high-quality. those sort of posts usually help other users in the forum solve their problems. By posting that way, some other users will be satisfied with your threads, then some of them will sent their sMerits to your account.

Let contribute and Good luck.
phanphanphuyen

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:02:38 AM

Congratulations for such a long-essayed post. Smiley Personally, lower users in the forum should read, learn more. They should spend more time to get more experience and more knowledge, then practice writing more posts which are higher quality than their last posts. Over time, they will have capability to write better threads which can help others and more constructive to the forum. Merits will automatically sent to them. Keep practicing and contributing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Xhipantjo

Activity: 115

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:30:25 AM

Menurt ane sih. Bgusan kta utmkan post dlu untuk mnaikkn rngkin kta dlu. Fkus ke ranking tu lbih baik bgi pemula.. Untuk msalh merit.. Ushakn postingn ente2 tu brkualitas n brmanfaat.. Psti anda akn mndptkn merit trsbt dri kwn2 yg nongkrong d forum..
Bgi kwn2  frum, brbgilh phala kpda org2 yg ptut untuk di beri... Trkdg hrpn org miskin yg ikut d bitcointalk ni untuk mngbah khdpan@ mnjdi lbih baik.. Jdi apa slahnya kta sling mmbntu n mngajari.. Trkdg dgn bntuan ente. Khdpn org akn brbh mnjdi lbih baik dlm bidang ekonomi... Mf jka ada yg slah dlm postingn....   
dncdog

Activity: 156
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:57:54 AM

Menurt ane sih. Bgusan kta utmkan post dlu untuk mnaikkn rngkin kta dlu. Fkus ke ranking tu lbih baik bgi pemula.. Untuk msalh merit.. Ushakn postingn ente2 tu brkualitas n brmanfaat.. Psti anda akn mndptkn merit trsbt dri kwn2 yg nongkrong d forum..
Bgi kwn2  frum, brbgilh phala kpda org2 yg ptut untuk di beri... Trkdg hrpn org miskin yg ikut d bitcointalk ni untuk mngbah khdpan@ mnjdi lbih baik.. Jdi apa slahnya kta sling mmbntu n mngajari.. Trkdg dgn bntuan ente. Khdpn org akn brbh mnjdi lbih baik dlm bidang ekonomi... Mf jka ada yg slah dlm postingn....   
What are you doing, bro.? Please post in English. If you can not use English or simply want to use your native language, please go to your local board.
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:18:26 AM

For a Full member like you brother you need a lot of merit before you can be promoted to the next rank. Haven't you read thread regarding your query? There are a lot of them in this forum, try to search the meta thread.
reynand

Activity: 143

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:25:56 AM

It is quite hard to get merit, I definitely experienced it. Even we try to help people by explaining something they ask but in reality no one send their merit. But it is okay, I will try until I get it.
iphmp159

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:30:49 AM

It is quite hard to get merit, I definitely experienced it. Even we try to help people by explaining something they ask but in reality no one send their merit. But it is okay, I will try until I get it.
In fact, it is not hard as you imagine. You should spend several minutes to look at profile of following user and it's posts, which is an excellent case for you to learn.
To be honest, I am really impressed with what he/she is done. Most of his/her posts are high-quality, really constructive, and extremely useful.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=976210
HodorHodl

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:52:54 PM

In fact, it is not hard as you imagine. You should spend several minutes to look at profile of following user and it's posts, which is an excellent case for you to learn.
To be honest, I am really impressed with what he/she is done. Most of his/her posts are high-quality, really constructive, and extremely useful.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=976210

I'm going to disagree with this.

While Nullius has contributed to the community, especially on the more technical aspects, his/her approach is patronising to the extreme. Not a very nice person, at ALL. You don't have to be like this. Again, as iphmp159 suggested, you should read the post history. You will find more in there to hurt than help you though.

Judge for yourself.

H.
pawlinee

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:19:27 AM

you can get merit when you answer or post a high quality and useful statements. i think you should always read threads and learn from it. you could also do some research with what you need to know because this forum is spoonfeeding you the knowledge you have to know. maybe, you need some patience in reading and learning. the merit will come to you if your post or the knowledge you share is very helpful with them. It is the quality of your post that matters.
arcadian

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:47:48 AM

There are also those who do not give merits for even well written and highly constructive posts, they just keep s-merits for themselves to be given to their friends or prefered people later. Here in this thread I see a high rank member just posting a nonsense and already got 1 merit for that  Huh
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 04:00:45 AM
Merited by tuanytcc (1)

There are also those who do not give merits for even well written and highly constructive posts, they just keep s-merits for themselves to be given to their friends or prefered people later. Here in this thread I see a high rank member just posting a nonsense and already got 1 merit for that  Huh
You are missing a important point. Due to massive abusements in the forum recently by spammers, cheaters, fudders, higher-ranked members are likely difficult to find good or high-quality posts. Those good threads are covered by tons of other shit posts, then hard to see. This factor contribute to low down the probability of getting merit points for good posts.

And much more important, you should not pay attention to get merits fastly. I will not help you generally. Instead, you should focus on improving yourself and writing as good quality as possible to increase your post quality first. Then some of your good quality posts will get merits. You will be ranked up for sure if doing as I recommend.

Good luck, merits will follow you till the day you leave the forum, lol.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀