Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:38:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kid coin? :D  (Read 1256 times)
waver (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:07:54 PM

Just thought of a cool idea! Why not make an altcoin just for kids?!  Roll Eyes

Could be real easy to mine and use. Smaller sized or less complex addresses. It would many millions of coins in total size, difficulty would start very low, and the wallet software would be fun for kids to use(more like a video game)

My point, and Idea is that we make an altcoin that kids (little ones ages 5-12) can invest in with little risk of loosing lots of money(pennies) but still have a chance to save and make real money and store real value like us big kids do! They could even have an exchange where they could trade their coins with friends from around the world.

I think this would be a great way to teach kids the world of investment and finance.

We could even make an online store where they could spend their "kidcoins" on things kids would buy.

What do you think? Just a thought.. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:40:38 PM

How do you keep the adults out of it?

If you can't keep the adults out of it, then don't the "Smaller sized or less complex addresses" mean "less secure and easier to steal from the kids"?  Wouldn't the difficulty quickly increase to match the cost of the hardware that the adults could afford to mine with?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:17:04 PM

Excellent idea. What's the kidcoin <-> BTC exchange rate?

I have a beautyful idea for an integrated shopping experience combining two of the Silk Roads most successfull product types.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:32:56 PM

I think it's a great Idea I'm working on something similar at the moment called Artcoin, it's a peer to peer painting currency, instead of contributing computational power each peer has to make the picture a little bit prettier. Once a user on the block chain agrees to buy the picture because it's lovely for $2, the difficulty doubles and the next artwork needs to attract a buyer at $4. There's a predetermined amount of artwork to be created (30) as the last one's got to be an absolutely blinding masterpiece that no one can top valued at $1,073,741,824   

I'm also working on BC coin (bible code coin) where each peers hashing power goes towards finding revelations about the future hidden inside War and Peace every time we find something trippy an automated email gets sent to the sunday mirror in return for cash split among those who contribute hashing power.
waver (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:51:44 AM

If you can't keep the adults out of it, then don't the "Smaller sized or less complex addresses" mean "less secure and easier to steal from the kids"?  Wouldn't the difficulty quickly increase to match the cost of the hardware that the adults could afford to mine with?

Good questions.

My idea is to make it so these coins can never really go up in value to much. Something like a trillion total coins. This way they will never seem/be profitable enough for adults to even consider. Being easy to mine will also reduce the possible value significantly. Besides that adults will have 'bigger fish to fry' with all the other more profitable coins out there.

I am talking little kids who have piggy banks now. The 'whales' in kidcoin will have $50 worth and the 'super rich' kids may have 100!

And kids could use their coins to pay for video games and toys not "Silk Road products"..

And when they 'grow up' and need more room to store their wealth they can trade kidcoins for bitcoin(something like 50,000 kidcoins for 1 BTC) or one of the other coins that may end up beating out bitcoin in time...

Again, just tossing ideas out for people to contemplate.
x^2

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

y=x^2 is a parabola

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 01:41:12 AM

I think it's a great Idea I'm working on something similar at the moment called Artcoin, it's a peer to peer painting currency, instead of contributing computational power each peer has to make the picture a little bit prettier. Once a user on the block chain agrees to buy the picture because it's lovely for $2, the difficulty doubles and the next artwork needs to attract a buyer at $4. There's a predetermined amount of artwork to be created (30) as the last one's got to be an absolutely blinding masterpiece that no one can top valued at $1,073,741,824   

I'm also working on BC coin (bible code coin) where each peers hashing power goes towards finding revelations about the future hidden inside War and Peace every time we find something trippy an automated email gets sent to the sunday mirror in return for cash split among those who contribute hashing power.

Seriously?

A parabola (plural parabolas or parabolae, adjective parabolic, from Greek: παραβoλή) is a two-dimensional, mirror-symmetrical curve.  y = x2
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:43:25 AM

This guy would appreciate:

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:48:13 AM

Seriously?

ah no!
zappak

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:52:03 AM

Pedobear alert! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/beargunner

waver (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:58:57 AM

Wonderful! You are what we need more of in this world, original thinkers. We have quite enough 'glass half empty' nay Sayers..

Make your coins! I am behind you 100% If they work, awesome! If not we learn why, and what to do/try for the next round.. Either way... AWESOME!
AlecMe

Activity: 392
Merit: 159

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:13:35 PM

resurrect Smiley

is this what you where saying https://kidcoinproject.wordpress.com/ ?
romacapitano

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:55:11 AM

Great point of view! There are no limits for potential investors in crypto-projects. The problem with your ideas is you don't present (or even have not had) basic ideas about purposes of your coin. Which areas it should focus on to help kids (for learning, for planning outdoors activities, etc.)
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:34:41 AM

I agree with you. Those coins should only be converted into candies and lollipops or other kid toys so that adults will stay away with those coins.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: