Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:17:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm sad to say it but the Litecoin pipedream is over.  (Read 9686 times)
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 06:34:09 PM

I see. Well of course SR had a vastly higher volume, and if it did 140x times the volume that wouldn't have been so bad for Atlantis. No idea how the relation really was.
The point is that Atlantis distinguished LTC from any other altcoin and it represented potential for it to be used for something else than a trading game.
LTC Global isn't really something I would attribute value to. What else is there except mining contracts?

LTC Global had quite a few assets, and did an average of 6,000 Litecoins in trades per day. That is a very significant amount of liquidity that is on its way out now.

Well name some which aren't miners, exchanges or themselves.

There's gambling and that's about it. It's all a closed loop, nothing outside the usual accumulation of coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:35:13 PM

I love posts about the death of a coin. Indicates much fun ahead the next year.

Holding on to my LTC.

ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 07:35:27 PM

I love posts about the death of a coin. Indicates much fun ahead the next year.

Holding on to my LTC.

"I'm a long-term investor."
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:17:24 PM

"I'm a long-term investor."

Yes MA'AM  Grin

It's still either a hit or a big miss, just like Bitcoin. Never venture, never gain.

flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:16:27 PM

when we wait month or two, there will be so many asics digging up bitcoin that difficulty will be in 2 months 16x bigger than now and many of gpu owners will go to litecoin
see what happens Smiley

The GPU owners migrated from Bitcoin months ago!

It doesn't matter what BTC difficulty does, if LTC mining can't pay for the electricity it consumes.

As I've always said, LTC (and the other scrypt coins) need a REAL MARKET to have any long term value.  That means real services and other things to do with them other than dump them for BTC.  And no, two shitty gambling sites doesn't count.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:19:11 PM

I just love stupid haters, making trash talk, they were stupid to dump and now wanna make their mistake in profit Smiley

WTF care for Atlantis?HuhHuhHuh??

There are big things  planed to happen sooner then latter !

Only moron or manipulation group would open topic like this....

And don`t forgets moron buying asic for BTC and now have ZERO profit hating everything, and they should hate themselfs for being stupid

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Pumpkin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:26:50 PM

Litecoin has yet to survive the inflow of GPU miners that *WILL* mine LTC and sell it for BTC. This has only started around August when mining BTC with GPUs got unprofitable, so only a few months so far.

Unless there is equal demand for BTC->LTC trades, LTC price will go down.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:34:48 PM

There's gambling and that's about it. It's all a closed loop, nothing outside the usual accumulation of coins.

Well, ART is shares in a art studio that creates dividends by selling art. Esecurity 1 and 2 are shares in servers that sell Anti DDOS hosting. There are some others that I didn't read in depth enough to know exactly what they did, but they weren't gambling, exchanges, or mining contracts.
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:39:30 PM

Well, ART is shares in a art studio that creates dividends by selling art. Esecurity 1 and 2 are shares in servers that sell Anti DDOS hosting. There are some others that I didn't read in depth enough to know exactly what they did, but they weren't gambling, exchanges, or mining contracts.

Nice, I didn't notice them.
How much are they worth?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:50:23 PM

Nice, I didn't notice them.
How much are they worth?

They were a litecoin or two per share, of course depending on how many shares released and of what value each held. however with LitecoinGlobal shutting down, all of the bids/asks were reset, so its a madhouse right now.

I'm an asset issuer on LitecoinGlobal myself with a Silver Mutual fund, but my goal with that was to essentially create a Litecoin:Silver exchange, so I guess that counts as internal transfer like you were talking about before. But yeah, there is a decent amount of diversity on LitecoinGlobal, which is why I believe that this will impact Litecoin more than anything else.
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:36:30 PM

Litecoin has yet to survive the inflow of GPU miners that *WILL* mine LTC and sell it for BTC. This has only started around August when mining BTC with GPUs got unprofitable, so only a few months so far.

It doesn't matter how many people are mining LTC.  The difficulty adjustment ensures that only a certain number of coins are produced each day.

The question is whether people who are mining LTC, or any of the other altcoins, are using them to purchase goods and services (i.e., commerce), or if they are sending them to exchanges to dump for BTC or fiat as soon as possible.

If the answer is the latter, then yes the price will continue to drop.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 11:09:38 PM

oh silly fud.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:35:43 PM

oh silly fud.

no shit. look at his ignore badge.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:36:40 PM

The situation is complex. Simplistic analysis does not capture the dynamics at play  Smiley

Litecoin is widely known as the number 2 coin behind Bitcoin. That's worth a lot. Litecoin market cap is multiple times bigger than all the other alt coin market caps put together. If you believe in the idea of an alt coin similar to Bitcoin catching on then it makes sense to back Litecoin rather than something else that isn't well known. If you don't believe in the idea of alt coins, kinda silly posting in this subforum imo. The coin landscape has changed a lot in the last half a year, the 50,000 strong bitcoin community on reddit was previously super hostile towards litecoin and would give it no credit, that's changed quite a bit now.
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 11:51:13 PM

I've been a Litecoin supporter from the start and suffice it to say it surpassed my expectations. But the whole time there were thing happening which more or less justified the gains.
Until now. Of course brand recognition means something and its much more popular than last year. Even without things to use it.

What I am saying that this all can't happen in a vacuum, and with stuff shutting down the air is starting to get quite thin. I'm not saying its doomed, just that these prices won't hold by a long shot.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:00:19 AM

I've been a Litecoin supporter from the start and suffice it to say it surpassed my expectations. But the whole time there were thing happening which more or less justified the gains.
Until now. Of course brand recognition means something and its much more popular than last year. Even without things to use it.

What I am saying that this all can't happen in a vacuum, and with stuff shutting down the air is starting to get quite thin. I'm not saying its doomed, just that these prices won't hold by a long shot.

even alcoholics have moments of clarity. sorry i just couldn't resist, but all trolling aside, i see what you are saying. ironically i mentioned this a few months ago. ltc has no services, why is it alive? speculation that it will become something, but it never does.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:35:48 PM

It doesn't matter how many people are mining LTC.  The difficulty adjustment ensures that only a certain number of coins are produced each day.

The question is whether people who are mining LTC, or any of the other altcoins, are using them to purchase goods and services (i.e., commerce), or if they are sending them to exchanges to dump for BTC or fiat as soon as possible.

If the answer is the latter, then yes the price will continue to drop.

Indeed,

As i said before, All of ltc people is waiting for someone ELSE to come and create a service for ltc. No one try to create something for ltc.

At least if you cant do a step for ltc, Just don't hold it into your wallet, create transaction's (at least fake one's that transfer your money from one of your account to another account of yourself). Make the coins move in the network. this will help a lot.

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 07:46:34 PM

At least if you cant do a step for ltc, Just don't hold it into your wallet, create transaction's (at least fake one's that transfer your money from one of your account to another account of yourself). Make the coins move in the network. this will help a lot.

Ok this is the second time you posted that shit. I encourage you to stop.
BugSpirit

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:48:54 PM

Qiute a reasonable. Now litecoin are trading at volume like 100k a day and mining at 28800 a day. that's too much for todays price. And all that shit with LTC-global to add. I'll buy LTCs next to block halving time. I think the price will be close to 1$ or so.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:15:26 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg3222593#msg3222593

LTC ASIC
ASICMINER determined LTC ASIC is not viable since a high-speed memory bus is much more useful in other industries and very expensive to make in this regard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: