Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gate.io - scam and fraudulent company  (Read 325 times)
Dean1306 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:15:38 AM

Gate.io is a newly-launched fraudulent crypto-exchange, by same people who run/ran bter.com, another fraudulent exchange. Gate.io website is available in English and Chinese, which means platform is registered in US, but run by Chinese from abroad. Their automated "support" replies are in Chinese and broken English. The company operating the Gate.io brand and website is based in Virginia, but is not overseen by the local financial watchdogs, nor holding a NY Bitlicense, which is quite controversial. You should keep in mind that when dealing with unregulated companies, you are exposed to a large risk, which is the case with Gate.io. They only offer one wallet for all their customers with tag distinguishing each client, highly risky practice that enables them to keep/steal coins that are not assigned to particular customer. Once your coins are "lost" in their communal wallet, it is practically impossible to get them back. This is unregulated platform, and their is no leverage trading with overwhelming negative reviews of scamming people on all websites. Their ratings are extremely low with only about 10 thousand downloads of their app on Google Playstore. If you try to contact them to recover your coins, their "support" will delay their replies, ask for non-relevant information to buy time, lie to you and eventually ignore your emails. Recently I have witnessed an issue friends of mine had trying to recover unassigned funds or get a refund and basically Gate.io has been feeding them false information and promises week after week, hoping they will just go away. When making a complaint on their Twitter and Telegraph account messenger, first the "support agent" tried to request deposit of few coins to "validate" account and once that was refused they were immediately blocked from chat room. Now they are in the process setting their own chat rooms for people who have already been defrauded by Gate.io as well as reporting it to US Commodities Trading Commission and Internet Crime Complaint Center IC3, a division of FBI. If you have been already defrauded by Gate.io, you can report it here: www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and https://forms.cftc.gov/_layouts/PublicForms/TipsAndComplaints.aspx
This exchange is basically one of those geeks developing websites to scam people during a digital gold rush and I can't wait for the corporate world to step in together with governments in order to regulate and replace these crooks. If these small time thugs operated with trust, it would be very difficult for the large corporations to come in and replace them. But they only want to make a quick buck now and get out, instead of stay for the long haul. Gate.io is nothing else but a half baked scam operation, providing basic service for some customers just to stay afloat, and stealing from the rest if they can get away with it. Their extremely poor ratings on all major review sites speak enough about all the bad experiences so many people have to go through and those positive reviews are mostly fake they post themselves or through one of those Chinese "click farms" that offer services of posting fake ratings. Before you put any money down to any of the crypto exchanges, you must do extensive research, especially if you opt for lesser known platforms. Disclosure: I have personally not lost any money and would not be trading with platforms such as Gate.io or bter.com, but I have spent plenty of time researching on line, fact checking, proof reading as well as going over testimonies of people (some of which I know personally) who have been defrauded. There is a lot of information available out there, be smart - it's your money. Take your time before you decide who to trust with it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bennyxv

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:36:27 AM

With the help of a recovery expert and ethical hacker i was able to recover money lost to scam, i am so glad this is all over and i have been able to recover my money. so happy to share my experience you can reach out via cybertronxiii@protonmail.com
Jprfan

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:31:47 AM

Gate.io is a newly-launched fraudulent crypto-exchange, by same people who run/ran bter.com, another fraudulent exchange. Gate.io website is available in English and Chinese, which means platform is registered in US, but run by Chinese from abroad. Their automated "support" replies are in Chinese and broken English. The company operating the Gate.io brand and website is based in Virginia, but is not overseen by the local financial watchdogs, nor holding a NY Bitlicense, which is quite controversial. You should keep in mind that when dealing with unregulated companies, you are exposed to a large risk, which is the case with Gate.io. They only offer one wallet for all their customers with tag distinguishing each client, highly risky practice that enables them to keep/steal coins that are not assigned to particular customer. Once your coins are "lost" in their communal wallet, it is practically impossible to get them back. This is unregulated platform, and their is no leverage trading with overwhelming negative reviews of scamming people on all websites. Their ratings are extremely low with only about 10 thousand downloads of their app on Google Playstore. If you try to contact them to recover your coins, their "support" will delay their replies, ask for non-relevant information to buy time, lie to you and eventually ignore your emails. Recently I have witnessed an issue friends of mine had trying to recover unassigned funds or get a refund and basically Gate.io has been feeding them false information and promises week after week, hoping they will just go away. When making a complaint on their Twitter and Telegraph account messenger, first the "support agent" tried to request deposit of few coins to "validate" account and once that was refused they were immediately blocked from chat room. Now they are in the process setting their own chat rooms for people who have already been defrauded by Gate.io as well as reporting it to US Commodities Trading Commission and Internet Crime Complaint Center IC3, a division of FBI. If you have been already defrauded by Gate.io, you can report it here: www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and https://forms.cftc.gov/_layouts/PublicForms/TipsAndComplaints.aspx
This exchange is basically one of those geeks developing websites to scam people during a digital gold rush and I can't wait for the corporate world to step in together with governments in order to regulate and replace these crooks. If these small time thugs operated with trust, it would be very difficult for the large corporations to come in and replace them. But they only want to make a quick buck now and get out, instead of stay for the long haul. Gate.io is nothing else but a half baked scam operation, providing basic service for some customers just to stay afloat, and stealing from the rest if they can get away with it. Their extremely poor ratings on all major review sites speak enough about all the bad experiences so many people have to go through and those positive reviews are mostly fake they post themselves or through one of those Chinese "click farms" that offer services of posting fake ratings. Before you put any money down to any of the crypto exchanges, you must do extensive research, especially if you opt for lesser known platforms. Disclosure: I have personally not lost any money and would not be trading with platforms such as Gate.io or bter.com, but I have spent plenty of time researching on line, fact checking, proof reading as well as going over testimonies of people (some of which I know personally) who have been defrauded. There is a lot of information available out there, be smart - it's your money. Take your time before you decide who to trust with it.

Who the bloody hell would read this?
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:59:59 PM

It is impossible to read this... Need too much concentration.
Mankov

Activity: 425
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:29:50 PM

Works fine for me. Bought Jibrel Network several weeks ago, and Qash today. All were sucessfully withdrawn.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: