Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:13:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where did we go wrong?  (Read 190 times)
David Balabon (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:41:45 PM

Hello,

I'm responsible for handling the marketing facets of an ICO which I believe to have immense potential. Unfortunately resources as of late have been scarce, and the project has been relegated to advertising almost exclusively on free platforms. We've put a lot of work into refining the presentation, but to no avail. Moentum Token launched today and the reception was underwhelming to say the least.

At this point I'm really just left wondering how it is that so many blatantly bogus projects managed to raise substantial amounts of money, whereas our project with all the credibility in the world (our whitepaper for more on that), and with the capacity to genuinely change the game, has fallen on utterly deaf ears.

Any advice at all would be appreciated. I'm not sure where else to turn. https://www.moentum.com/

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Balabon (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:15:46 AM

Any input at all, folks.
hasheesh

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:22:58 AM

This thread is the first I've ever heard of Moentum to be honest.

You are operating in a heavily diluted field, where the high flying ICO's seem to be pushed in your face at every twist and turn.
David Balabon (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:59:22 AM

This thread is the first I've ever heard of Moentum to be honest.

You are operating in a heavily diluted field, where the high flying ICO's seem to be pushed in your face at every twist and turn.

That you haven't heard of us is fairly unsurprising. Frankly, we've done almost nothing in terms of marketing outside of contacting LinkedIn contacts, posting on a few reddit boards, and listing on some cheap ICO calendar websites. Without some initial capital, we just can't expand beyond that.

How do you suppose the successful ICO's these days are putting themselves on the map? Is it just shear starting capital?
David Balabon (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:33:37 AM

Also on another note, how is it that some of these threads are getting thousands of replies, and others such as this one are lucky to get any attention whatsoever?
Mrtree420

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:59:37 AM

Marketing. You could have made an official ANN post and offer a bounty program so you can get the word out. You would have had people making translations (reach more investors). Could have set up a discord and a telegram,fb and twitter. Another reason maybe be US based exchanges are a bit scary at least me to. Uncle Sam will shut that down if it's not done right. But I think its all marketing.
BlackRock

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:17:15 AM

What drastic/ground breaking technology you had to offer ?TBH honest you have nothing in place except website
You are collecting funds to set up your business ,a crypto currency exchange and there are tons of them already
May be the investors were not convinced or you may failed to create buzz/interest in your ICO by telling how different you/your product was

Dropoutkis

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:26:47 AM

it is not all about idea, sometimes marketing is much important
you should have done your research, look some others ann threads
BTC Miner Boss

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:40:36 AM

TBH I saw this thread, checked you page and I will pass too. While you may have great things going, I wouldn't know because I didn't make it to your white paper. You lost me at your purchase terms.

"You agree that your primary motive to purchase tokens is not to sell them in the aftermarket but rather hold them for future redemption for trading services offered by Moentum or Spot and to make a small donation to the Red Cross. "

You've severely limited your audience here.

On a personal level, the Red Cross threw me off too. I saw first hand how they operated in Houston during Harvey and heard many other similar stories. They are a disgrace. You should find a better organization. That may even be an avenue to more exposure if you partner up with them somehow.

Just my two cents. Feel free to give me a refund...
zac2013

Activity: 108
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:49:46 AM

Marketing. You could have made an official ANN post and offer a bounty program so you can get the word out. You would have had people making translations (reach more investors). Could have set up a discord and a telegram,fb and twitter. Another reason maybe be US based exchanges are a bit scary at least me to. Uncle Sam will shut that down if it's not done right. But I think its all marketing.

Totally agree, you need a good marketing team, without good marketing you are going to be crowded out, second reason is that since the beginning of February, the alts have been down in price, which wil naturally reduce demand for everyone. Not to worry this will all reverse, but get yourself clued up with some marketing techniques. Traditional & or crypto marketing is needed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: