Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:13:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sentinel Chain - Importance in especially South East Asia (ie farmers/livestock)  (Read 104 times)
dangerouskth (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:52:36 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 04:05:22 AM by dangerouskth

Look out for the most relevant [Suspicious link removed]pany in 2018. A quick introduction along with a case study below:

Sentinel Chain aims to empower unbanked farmers and business owners in developing countries to seize country of previously “dead capital” into fungible assets.

Assets such as livestock can be tokenized using the Sentinel Chain platform, and users will be able to track and verify their ownership of these assets. Tokenization of livestock assets using the Sentinel Chain technology allows owners to tag and verify their ownerships over such assets.

With the tokenization of livestock, Sentinel Chain opens up ways for users to utilize their livestock assets for insurance, loans, collateral and more, which are traditionally unavailable financial services to farmers and the like in these count. In addition, prior to this, there have been various inefficiencies within financial services unbanked; not just from the financial point of view, but also dishonest acts from the unbanked claiming insurances etc. untruthfully with exchanging livestock upon claims. This permanent/tamper-proof and information storage on
the blockchain tagging system with Sentinel Chain ultimately prevents this, thus enabling more confidence withfinancial providers.

A case study from where I am from:

Sentinel Chain is a unique proposition that has almost never been achieved before; that it equips developing countries such as the one I live in, Malaysia wth with a blockchain technology that helps the unbanked farmers and business owners to seize previously "dead capital" into prospective assets.

In addition, possibilites open up in providing livestock assets insurance, loans, collateral and more, all which are previously not possible financial services to farmers and in developing countries.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2017/08/272680/malaysia-will-continue-face-shortage-local-beef

From the above attached link, you can read about how Malaysia is facing a shortage of local beef productions and heavilydepends on imports which is not efficient for the country's economy and mostly reduced job employment. But most ultimately, price of beef is forced upwards due to over-reliance on imports. With Sentinel Chain, this industry will be able to seek finances more optimally and conveniently for local farmers to increase their breeding output via expanding farms, getting more equipment, hiring more employees etc. This is just 1 brief case study that I wish
to share.

There have been an oversupply of probably irrelevant companies rushing into the blockchain space and imposing unneccesary tokensation of their business model of which without the tokens and blockchain, they would still be operable. But I do see the need the aforesaid with Sentinel Chain's idea/ business model.

Lastlly, I am very interested in this project because our major local bank, Maybank has partnered up with Sentinel Chain.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: