Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:16:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dual PSU rig problem (add2psu)  (Read 117 times)
cryptbro (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:10:13 AM

Scratching my head on this one. I've got 4 1080s on a 1200w EVGA power supply. Just received my 5th 1080 Huh and have a brand new Seasonic 800w Prime platinum. I was planning on using the 800w Prime to power cards 5-8 so I ordered an add2psu, hooked everything up and fired up the rig. Everything worked as planned at first, started my zcash miner and got probably 4 hours of mining on 5 GPUs before one of them (i assume #5) started throwing errors on the miner. Thought my clock might have been too aggressive so I adjusted, rebooted, and all of a sudden the second PSU would not boot at all. Swapped an add2pus off another rig and fired it up. It worked just fine for the 5 minutes I had it on so I thought it was just a faulty add2psu. No problem shit happens, ordered another off amazon and when it arrived, it did the same exact thing. Booted up fine off the rip, few hours of mining, then errors, restart and now the 2nd PSU won't start again.

My thoughts:
Having 4 gpus, mobo, etc all on the 1200w while only one gpu and riser on the 800w may be causing some kind of overload/underpower to get the second PSU turned on?
EVGA and Seasonic PSUs maybe just don't play well together? (I've only ever used identical PSUs on these builds before)
Faulty PSU perhaps? Seems odd as every Seasonic I have has been flawless.

Kinda weird. Going to continue troubleshooting but just wondering if anyone has experienced something like this before. Thanks in advance, cheers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptbro (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:19:16 AM

I really hate mining sometimes lmao. Turns out it was the outlet. Found another power strip and it fired right up. It's always the most obvious things lol please delete mods ty!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: