Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Payment processor to take fiat, & Ok with Crypto in the business - any ideas?  (Read 209 times)
yorkie (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 10:24:09 AM

We're developing a Music Business - which will have a monthly recurring membership, payable in fiat.

but, we are using our own token in the back-end, and for rewards and incentivisation etc.

Does anyone know of any Payment Processors for fiat who are comfortable with a business startup who has Crypto in their Business Model ?

many thanks

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Winto

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 10:36:45 AM

You can check out: https://bestrate.org/

The fees are a bit high, but when I was looking for something similar to your needs these guys seems to be reliable.

Just to let you know I haven't used any of their services

Winto.io | Private Sale at $0.01
Global Charity Related Project
Transparent & Accountable Team
nakurasataquasu

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:18:37 AM

Our team can help you. We are a group of blockchain developers, payment system.  You can connect with us on the telegram @vakaxasupport for the further discussion. More service: vakaxa.com
vakaxacompany

Activity: 177

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 01:21:36 AM

We're developing a Music Business - which will have a monthly recurring membership, payable in fiat.

but, we are using our own token in the back-end, and for rewards and incentivisation etc.

Does anyone know of any Payment Processors for fiat who are comfortable with a business startup who has Crypto in their Business Model ?

many thanks

Hi, we are a blockchain company in viet nam.  If you want to make a cryptocurrency payment system, please contact us via telegram @vakaxasupport. Our payment system accepts any kind of cryptocurrency and fiat money.
yorkie (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 05:27:16 PM

Hi, we are a blockchain company in viet nam.  If you want to make a cryptocurrency payment system, please contact us via telegram @vakaxasupport. Our payment system accepts any kind of cryptocurrency and fiat money.

Hi,

I've had a look at your website - do you have some examples of previous use-cases of your gateway please. And the integrations it has etc

thank you 
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:04:54 PM

If you are having a monthly subscription with your music business I think the best way to go is to accept credit card payments that are either Visa or Mastercard enabled as this is the right way to go and I think will be the most preferred way of payment of your monthly subscribers as the payments will be automatically charged in their accounts. As for accepting credit card payments in your business, the credit card companies won't care that you are also having other modes of payment in your company as it is your company and they won't simply deny you of their services because you have your own cryptocurrency.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
yorkie (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 07:21:47 PM

If you are having a monthly subscription with your music business I think the best way to go is to accept credit card payments that are either Visa or Mastercard enabled as this is the right way to go and I think will be the most preferred way of payment of your monthly subscribers as the payments will be automatically charged in their accounts. As for accepting credit card payments in your business, the credit card companies won't care that you are also having other modes of payment in your company as it is your company and they won't simply deny you of their services because you have your own cryptocurrency.

Yes, that's the route we want to go, with the Credit Cards for the monthly payments in Fiat. 

But, what we're finding is that some payment gateways don't like the fact that we are using Crypto - they even have it in their t&c's - eg Adyen - who do the payment gateway for Spotify. Paypal I think are also hesitant with Crypto type companies.  UK Banks certainly are.

it seems to be a service that hasn't yet been done ....  eg. Coinpayments, Coingate etc  - take multiple crypto payments, but no fiat.  And then there's loads of Fiat gateways, but they aren't necessarily crypto friendly ...  I was hoping there was one that combined the 2, that I'd missed  Roll Eyes

vakaxacompany

Activity: 177

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 01:28:28 AM

Hi,

I've had a look at your website - do you have some examples of previous use-cases of your gateway please. And the integrations it has etc

thank you 
Hi. Sorry for replying you late. Now, We are building a payment gateway. When it finishes, I will send you.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:28:01 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2018, 05:38:57 AM by drmilind2004

many thanks

I remember Stripe used to accept Bitcoin. I don't know their present policy about it, so, you can take a look at their offerings if you are in a country where they do business.

It seems to me that you have two entirely different streams. If the membership is based on fiat, then there's no reason any payment gateway would refuse your business.

Since the tokens generated on your site are used only for in-site stuff, they are basically User Points, and there's no reason for a payment processor to get involved in that stream. These points you will need to administer through your own Content Management System (CMS); and there's no reason to involve a payment processor in this part of your ops.

I am familiar with the User Points system in Drupal 7 CMS, but there are also several other competitors.
yorkie (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 03:24:35 PM

many thanks

I remember Stripe used to accept Bitcoin. I don't know their present policy about it, so, you can take a look at their offerings if you are in a country where they do business.

It seems to me that you have two entirely different streams. If the membership is based on fiat, then there's no reason any payment gateway would refuse your business.

Since the tokens generated on your site are used only for in-site stuff, they are basically User Points, and there's no reason for a payment processor to get involved in that stream. These points you will need to administer through your own Content Management System (CMS); and there's no reason to involve a payment processor in this part of your ops.

I am familiar with the User Points system in Drupal 7 CMS, but there are also several other competitors.

Yes, you've got it right - 2 entirely different streams ..  however, being transparent to the payment gateways and banks, about the tokens and the fact that we have Crypto and Blockchain involved .. it seems that they aren't that keen on it.  It may be due to them misunderstanding how they are completely separate. (our internal tokens, as you say are being handled by the custom system the devs are building)
But, for example, Adyen, who process for Spotify - have virtual currencies in their restricted list ( https://docs.adyen.com/legal/adyen-restricted-prohibited-list  )

As you say, Stripe used to accept Bitcoin, so have been accepting of new tech, but we're a little wary of some reports about Stripe randomly closing accounts  Sad   - our search continues.

I'm surprised one of the big exchanges, like Binance hasn't developed something like this, as it could potentially rival Paypals position in the future.

PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:49:55 PM

many thanks

Yes, you've got it right - 2 entirely different streams ..  however, being transparent to the payment gateways and banks, about the tokens and the fact that we have Crypto and Blockchain involved .. it seems that they aren't that keen on it.  It may be due to them misunderstanding how they are completely separate. (our internal tokens, as you say are being handled by the custom system the devs are building)
But, for example, Adyen, who process for Spotify - have virtual currencies in their restricted list ( https://docs.adyen.com/legal/adyen-restricted-prohibited-list  )

As you say, Stripe used to accept Bitcoin, so have been accepting of new tech, but we're a little wary of some reports about Stripe randomly closing accounts  Sad   - our search continues.

I'm surprised one of the big exchanges, like Binance hasn't developed something like this, as it could potentially rival Paypals position in the future.

It's a rewards program, as it isn't a payment system there is no need to notify any payment processor of this, if you want to tell them anything tell them you have a rewards system in place. The moment you tell a MSB that you are in crypto their first reaction is to deny you service. You are not explaining to them what you are doing properly and once you say crypto they think you are part of a crypto business which from what you have posted you are not doing.

What you described is a rewards system, not a crypto currency. It gets a little weird when you try to sell your rewards points (token) for fiat though because then it is similar to a crypto currency but again many companies sell their internal points for fiat.
yorkie (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 05:48:37 PM

It's a rewards program, as it isn't a payment system there is no need to notify any payment processor of this, if you want to tell them anything tell them you have a rewards system in place. The moment you tell a MSB that you are in crypto their first reaction is to deny you service. You are not explaining to them what you are doing properly and once you say crypto they think you are part of a crypto business which from what you have posted you are not doing.

What you described is a rewards system, not a crypto currency. It gets a little weird when you try to sell your rewards points (token) for fiat though because then it is similar to a crypto currency but again many companies sell their internal points for fiat.

thank you -  good response  Wink

many thanks for everyone's help on this thread
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: