Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:45:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore hangs on purple line with hardware infos (ETH, AMD)  (Read 85 times)
anut_peach (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:12:30 AM

Hi,
i am running two AMD RX 570 rigs for about two weeks now, no issues so far.

yesterday, i saw both rigs hanging in claymore miner.
everytime i start the claymoreminer, it starts mining for a few seconds, and then it freezes.
i can close the mining window and restart - rig starts mining, and freeze again.
i already tried to soften the clock and voltage settings, and i have no memory errors.

now i found out, that i dont see that purple line in claymore miner anymore.
you know, there are blue lines with hashrate info, there are green lines for found shares, and there is this purple line with fanspeed and temp info.
both rigs seem to run the claymore miner the same way. it is showing hashrate and found shares, but it looks like the freeze will occur, when it tries to get the hardwareinfos for the purple line!?
the last two weeks everything was fine.

anyone has an idea?

PS: i also tried to run the rig with another mining client (the one from ethermine.org), and its working. that client does not ask for the sensor values, so, i think this is the problem. but why does that come after two weeks on both rigs? whats the problem? how to fix it?

thanks!
retard75

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:30:11 AM

Run it with "-tt 0".
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:35:25 AM

Hi,
i am running two AMD RX 570 rigs for about two weeks now, no issues so far.

yesterday, i saw both rigs hanging in claymore miner.
everytime i start the claymoreminer, it starts mining for a few seconds, and then it freezes.
i can close the mining window and restart - rig starts mining, and freeze again.
i already tried to soften the clock and voltage settings, and i have no memory errors.

now i found out, that i dont see that purple line in claymore miner anymore.
you know, there are blue lines with hashrate info, there are green lines for found shares, and there is this purple line with fanspeed and temp info.
both rigs seem to run the claymore miner the same way. it is showing hashrate and found shares, but it looks like the freeze will occur, when it tries to get the hardwareinfos for the purple line!?
the last two weeks everything was fine.

anyone has an idea?

PS: i also tried to run the rig with another mining client (the one from ethermine.org), and its working. that client does not ask for the sensor values, so, i think this is the problem. but why does that come after two weeks on both rigs? whats the problem? how to fix it?

thanks!

Are you using risers? if not, try to plug unplug your GPU's to refresh contacts, if yes, try to replace the risers, if still persist, try to plug 1 GPU in x16 PCIe slot.

mostly risers will be worn out in due time depends on manufacturer reliability
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:36:49 AM

a problem that, can also happen because:
1. Virtual Memory too small
2. Power to a GPU is lack power.
3. RAM on CPU has a problem.
4. update windows
5. and like @leonix007 said: maybe the USB Riser is broken.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:06:37 AM

now i found out, that i dont see that purple line in claymore miner anymore...

For AMD card sometimes needs to plug monitor and or dummy output to make sure driver can read and set temperature and fan.
anut_peach (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:29:23 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 12:57:41 PM by anut_peach

Thanks for your quick replies - awsome!
i think i was able to figure out the problem.
i tried to restart the rig a few times (i access the rig via win remote control), but no improvement.
now i plugged the monitor to the IGP and restart again - now looks better! i can see the purple line in claymore again.
looks like there is some issue, when claymore is trying to get the hardwareinformation from the cards, and the system was booted without IGP connected!?

hope it will remain stable now...

EDIT:
nope, not solved.

one machine just turned off after an hour.
the second machine freeze again in claymore after 2 hours.

hashrate is normal and stable.

drivers are ok, win update is off.
virtual memory is on 16GB.

maybe a riser? ... need to do more tests.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:37:21 AM

Better to try troubleshoot them 1 by 1 each gpu and monitor it. If what graphics card could hang claymore miner that card has a hardware failure... Since you only have 2 graphics you can easily find and troubleshoot if what is the problem..
Also make sure that your OS is not autoupdate because sometimes they automatically down the latest driver in Windows 10 os base on what i experienced before..
And download the latest Claymore miner and try if ever they release a latest version for ethereum ..

You can use DDU to uninstall the driver and install the driver again with clean install.  hope this time the miner will work without any error..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: