Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:17:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][iQ CONTEST] 100K iQCash mined! Celebration puzzle: 100 $Waves to winner.  (Read 540 times)
Vlad_R

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:12:03 AM

An elegant answer to bonus question 1

Bonus question 1 (Prize 20 Waves):
There are two additional iQ Puzzles embedded within the graph. The answer to both of the additional puzzles is the letter 'X'. What are those two puzzles?

There are two Waves logo figures hidden in the puzzle:
http://drive.google.com/open?id=0By6tjWQmYIKxT2FhTzhRNF9qekE

If you count the number of arrows in the first one, you will get 42; in the second Waves figure - 18 arrows.

Then, if you remember classic iQcash puzzle "Algebra", you can make up the following equation:
42 - X = 18
X - ?

Here X equals 24, which is the number of letter X in the English alphabet.  Cool

iQCash (OP)

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:32:34 PM

An elegant answer to bonus question 1

Bonus question 1 (Prize 20 Waves):
There are two additional iQ Puzzles embedded within the graph. The answer to both of the additional puzzles is the letter 'X'. What are those two puzzles?

There are two Waves logo figures hidden in the puzzle:
http://drive.google.com/open?id=0By6tjWQmYIKxT2FhTzhRNF9qekE

If you count the number of arrows in the first one, you will get 42; in the second Waves figure - 18 arrows.

Then, if you remember classic iQcash puzzle "Algebra", you can make up the following equation:
42 - X = 18
X - ?

Here X equals 24, which is the number of letter X in the English alphabet.  Cool

That's pretty clever, but it's not it - technically the Waves logo has changed to a solid diamond, but if the puzzle isn't found this week, I'll award that 5 Waves.

So (clue) it's not based on the Algebra puzzle...
slayz0r_

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:21:58 PM

bonus question 1

i = 9
Q = 17

sequence:

0 -> 9 -> 17 -> ?
  +9    +8     +7

? = 24 -> X
slayz0r_

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:40:25 PM

Bonus Question 1

other possibility:

Number of Blue Diamonds * Number of Yellow Diamonds = Z

2 * 12 = Z

Z = 24

24 -> X
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:48:43 PM

bonus question 1

i = 9
Q = 17

sequence:

0 -> 9 -> 17 -> ?
  +9    +8     +7

? = 24 -> X

Correct!

It was based on the Sequence puzzle.

20 Waves for you pretty much ends the contest.

(But we'll wait till the end of the week to confirm no better mathematical representations.)

Congrats!
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:06:33 PM

what happened today? the solved puzzle doubled to over 200k in only 24 hours. impressive, but i hope that are not bots. this would be very unfair.

Yes, a bot just mined 80k iQCash!

We are implementing better countermeasures, but I think the battle has just begun.
Obviously, it feels like cheating and it feels very unfair, but in one sense it's not so bad: The individual had to to do some work to earn them - and the point of iQCash is that they're earned by a human doing intellectual work.
We'll just have to make absolute sure (with better countermeasures) that the amount of work required to earn them this way would be less attractive than actually doing the puzzles.
Hopefully the early rounds don't turn into a battle of bots, but if they do, it'll be limited to the first few rounds only. Later rounds will require more human comprehension and analysis.
A positive takeaway is that at least we're getting noticed...

After this contest is over, this thread may slide away, so you can follow the Telegram group for updates and discuss any issues:
t.me/iQCash

80k is very much. yes, i now what you mean, but it still feels unfair. anyway, i saw you implementing better contermeasures, hope this plan works and keeps the bots away. thank you for the telgram group, but i dont use telegram. i dont like messenger. thats why i like the idea of an official iq cash thread here in the forum.

last but not least congratulations to all winner of this 100k celebration puzzle.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:16:28 AM

what happened today? the solved puzzle doubled to over 200k in only 24 hours. impressive, but i hope that are not bots. this would be very unfair.

We are implementing better countermeasures, but I think the battle has just begun.
Obviously, it feels like cheating and it feels very unfair, but in one sense it's not so bad: The individual had to to do some work to earn them - and the point of iQCash is that they're earned by a human doing intellectual work.
We'll just have to make absolute sure (with better countermeasures) that the amount of work required to earn them this way would be less attractive than actually doing the puzzles.
Hopefully the early rounds don't turn into a battle of bots, but if they do, it'll be limited to the first few rounds only. Later rounds will require more human comprehension and analysis.

After this contest is over, this thread may slide away, so you can follow the Telegram group for updates and discuss any issues:
t.me/iQCash

80k is very much. yes, i now what you mean, but it still feels unfair. anyway, i saw you implementing better contermeasures, hope this plan works and keeps the bots away. thank you for the telgram group, but i dont use telegram. i dont like messenger. thats why i like the idea of an official iq cash thread here in the forum.

last but not least congratulations to all winner of this 100k celebration puzzle.

Yes, Telegram is not for everyone. In the meantime, you could follow iQCash on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/iQCash

But we will eventually place another dedicated announcement thread on Bitcointalk.

For the next few months we will be doing two things:
1) Marketing to miners - because the more iQCash is distributed the better;
2) Developing version one of iQ+, which will be a new area on the iQCash web-site (separate from the mining) that will introduce an exciting use-case for iQCash.

That's when it may really be of interest to a wider audience in this forum. So, at that time, there will be a new announcement thread which will be dedicated to news and developments of iQCash.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:06:44 AM

You make a thread on Bitcoinstall for the game with a prize of $ 120? And what's the point? Why do you need this?

The total prizes were for 120 Waves. (1 Waves is currently US$6.66)

The point was to bring attention to a token in a way that highlights what the token is about: You mine iQCash by solving iQ puzzles.

It's a fun crypto that allows anyone to start earning and get into cryptocurrencies easily - whether you have money or not.
sabine80

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:13:11 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 05:46:09 PM by sabine80

t.me/iQCash

Yes, Telegram is not for everyone. In the meantime, you could follow iQCash on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/iQCash

But we will eventually place another dedicated announcement thread on Bitcointalk.

For the next few months we will be doing two things:
1) Marketing to miners - because the more iQCash is distributed the better;
2) Developing version one of iQ+, which will be a new area on the iQCash web-site (separate from the mining) that will introduce an exciting use-case for iQCash.

That's when it may really be of interest to a wider audience in this forum. So, at that time, there will be a new announcement thread which will be dedicated to news and developments of iQCash.

i will try to follow IQCash on twitter and i'm really looking forward to the innovations and on a real ann thread here in the forum. that sounds very good. in the meantime i try to solve many puzzle.
synthet

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:15:03 PM

My previous solution to the bonus question 2 was quite generic in terms that it can be used not only in puzzles where a single node has maximum of 2 connections, but also in cases where nodes have N connections to previous layer.

The contest puzzle can be solved faster/easier with the following algo. It is less "mathematical", but it can be easily transformed to code. Basically this algo is a representation of the steps provided by Vlad R.

1. The given puzzle is a matrix of arrows (A). It has 12 rows (n) and 22 columns (m). Each cell of A can take a value of: up (+1), down (-1) or null/empty (NA/0).
2. The puzzle also contains a matrix of nodes (P). It has 13 rows (n +1) and 23 columns (m + 1). Each cell of this matrix contains a value that represents the number of paths leading to this node.
3. Each cell in the very first column of P is eaqual to 1 representing the initial numer of paths (Pi,0 = 1).
4. Every other value of cell in P derives from the following formula:

Pi,j = if(Ai,j-1 > 0; Pi+1,j-1) + if(Ai-1,j-1 < 0; Pi-1,j-1);
    *it's a bit simplified for better reading; in reality you have to check that values in A and P exist <=> indeces are non-negative (i and j >= 0)

5. That's it. The only value present in the last column will be the total number of paths leading to beta from alpha.

You can see the implementation of the algo here (excel file): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oYvlU0ko07NEE5G36cuYCGzhVcRo2b3Q/view?usp=sharing
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:49:42 PM

My previous solution to the bonus question 2 was quite generic in terms that it can be used not only in puzzles where a single node has maximum of 2 connections, but also in cases where nodes have N connections to previous layer.

The contest puzzle can be solved faster/easier with the following algo. It is less "mathematical", but it can be easily transformed to code. Basically this algo is a representation of the steps provided by Vlad R.

1. The given puzzle is a matrix of arrows (A). It has 12 rows (n) and 22 columns (m). Each cell of A can take a value of: up (+1), down (-1) or null/empty (NA/0).
2. The puzzle also contains a matrix of nodes (P). It has 13 rows (n +1) and 23 columns (m + 1). Each cell of this matrix contains a value that represents the number of paths leading to this node.
3. Each cell in the very first column of P is eaqual to 1 representing the initial numer of paths (Pi,0 = 1).
4. Every other value of cell in P derives from the following formula:

Pi,j = if(Ai,j-1 > 0; Pi+1,j-1) + if(Ai-1,j-1 < 0; Pi-1,j-1);
    *it's a bit simplified for better reading; in reality you have to check that values in A and P exist <=> indeces are non-negative (i and j >= 0)

5. That's it. The only value present in the last column will be the total number of paths leading to beta from alpha.

You can see the implementation of the algo here (excel file): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oYvlU0ko07NEE5G36cuYCGzhVcRo2b3Q/view?usp=sharing

Congrats.

I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but you are the winner of 20 Waves for the best solution to bonus question 2.

Please send me your Waves address and thanks for your great contribution!

Cheers.
synthet

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:42:15 PM

Congrats.

I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but you are the winner of 20 Waves for the best solution to bonus question 2.

Cheers.

Thanks!

Sent you a PM
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:03:03 AM

Congrats.

Cheers.

Thanks!

Sent you a PM

Prize sent. Thanks.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:13:47 AM

Thanks to all participants for your efforts.

The contest is now closed. A total of 105 Waves were distributed to the winners. Congrats to all.

You can start mining iQCash right now at https://www.iQCash.net
Many have and have been selling for Waves on Waves DEX.  Others are holding for future price rises and yet to be announced use-cases.

A formal announcement thread of the upcoming new features is still to come.
sabine80

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:27:59 PM

do you have a date when the upcomings new features are coming? i'm really looking forward to it.
iQCash (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:16:22 AM

do you have a date when the upcomings new features are coming? i'm really looking forward to it.

No date set yet.

We're still performing updates to protect against bots. That may take another few weeks.

Then we begin a marketing campaign to attract new miners.  That may take a month or two depending on results.

Then we'll launch the new features, create a relevant announcement thread and start marketing for investors - this should be when miners start getting better returns for sales of their earned iQCash.
sabine80

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:41:21 AM

No date set yet.

We're still performing updates to protect against bots. That may take another few weeks.

Then we begin a marketing campaign to attract new miners.  That may take a month or two depending on results.

Then we'll launch the new features, create a relevant announcement thread and start marketing for investors - this should be when miners start getting better returns for sales of their earned iQCash.

great, i am looking forward to. one or two month is a long time, but in the meantime, i solve more puzzles. some changes of the last days are very good. it is more fun again and is more comfortable again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: