Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:37:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minable offline coins?  (Read 100 times)
Mydi (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:19:59 PM

Hey,

Are there any coins that can be mined offline? I could mine at work and can install w/e I want on my computer (mostly) but I don't want to install something that IT could spot easily when the review network log (connection to mining pool might get attention really fast :p)

I know mining at work might not be the best idea but i'm curious about this Smiley

Cheers,
elgi76

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:24:53 PM

no by definition
Mydi (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:26:32 PM

Couldn't I do something like store the share found for a day, and retrieve them by mail / usb key and "upload" them after ?
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:37:58 PM

How would the pool send you the job to solve if you're offline? When you solve the equation, you need to submit it quickly to receive your share instead of someone else beating you to it. Even if you could mine offline, when you uploaded your results you would have been beaten by all the other miners and you would receive no shares.

I know you want to "mine" for yourself, but mining is supporting the network. You can't be part of the network if you're offline. Defeats the purpose.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: