Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:18:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Airdrop Categories] "SelfDrop", "Add Assest" Airdrops - New forms of Airdrop?!  (Read 292 times)
stylonius (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 02:45:14 PM
Merited by d5000 (1)

So recently, altcoin token airdrops are having more and more diversified type of categories. Based on my experience I have joined airdrop this year at January 3, 2018.

All of these types of airdrop categories are based by which I have experienced and have done.

1st Category : Form Fill-up - the "basic type" of airdrop. This type of airdrop are bringing you into their google form, to fill it up and do what that specific coin is requiring you to do such as share and retweets using your social media, so that you can qualify on their airdrop.

2nd Category : Telegram Bot - this type of airdrop are airdrops that are simple to do. Simple by just entering your Ethereum (ETH) Address, you will be directed into your dashboard where you can find your own "Invite Code", and "Referral link". By entering this invite code into their telegram group/bot, you would acquire a small amount of token which will be available to see on your dashboard.

3rd Category : Website Registration - this type of airdrop requires you to register on their website, and then there would be an "Airdrop" button on their navigation bar. Click this and you shall enter their airdrop tab which the coin will require you to do something before you could receive tokens on your dashboard. You need to register so that they can email you for newsletters, and updates.

4th Category : SelfDrops - this type of airdrop requires you to send 0 ETH on the contract address of a coin. Yes, 0 eth you would only pay for their gas fees. Now after you send it to their smart contract, they would send you a small amount of tokens in return. Some (or all, I am not sure) of the SelfDrops can be repeated, in such a way that you can send 0 eth on their account repeatedly to be rewarded by their coin over and over again. Some SelfDrops have an inflation for each succeeding transaction. For example, the first person who sent 0 eth would receive 6,000 tokens, the next person would receive 5,999, and so on.

5th Category : Add Asset Airdrop - now I am not sure about this one so bear with me. There are types of airdrop where coins like PNS, KFC, SPS1, PRO6, etc. are distributing their tokens by just adding their contract address on your wallet. For example we are using imToken as a wallet and literally this is how it works: First, click the "add asset" on the app. Next, type the token name or contract address (or if you are using MEW, click "Add Custom tokens"). Click "Add". Finally, the tokens have already been distributed on your account.

Token airdrop categories from 1 - 3 are the airdrops that I personally prefer because for me they are serious.

I am not saying that the 4th category is not serious because there are SelfDrop tokens that claim to be legitimate and post their announcements here on BTT, have their whitepaper, website, telegram.

But the 5th category man, I mean I personally do not know how they work, you could explain by posting a reply.

I'm thinking about it like how could I have their tokens by just adding the contract address of the coin into my wallet?

I must admit that there are many SelfDrops that are being spread on the telegram airdrop channels because they are easy to do, and do not have any social media requirement sharing to do. But these SelfDrops do not even have a proof of legitimacy like the coin's telegram/twitter, or any other social medias. Some telegram airdrop channels are just like "Send 0 eth into this address and receive 40,000 OXO Coin for FREE!". So does the "Add Asset Airdrop", which some telegram airdrop channels are like: "Airdrop direct to your wallet, just add the coin into your custom tokens. Contract add : 0x0xxasdf, Symbol: XOX, Decimals: 8". And man do I hate it, because if these types of airdrop weren't legit, it would be a cancer to the airdrop industry (There are types of airdrops that also only need your donation and then they'd leave, which is also cancerous), in such a way that it would be like a spam, a worthless piece of coin.

Thoughts?

M  O  B  U ──────── The Future of Security Tokens
Pre-ICO soon: Get Whitelisted!   https://www.mobu.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:04:00 PM

So recently, altcoin token airdrops are having more and more diversified type of categories. Based on my experience I have joined airdrop this year at January 3, 2018.

All of these types of airdrop categories are based by which I have experienced and have done.

1st Category : Form Fill-up - the "basic type" of airdrop. This type of airdrop are bringing you into their google form, to fill it up and do what that specific coin is requiring you to do such as share and retweets using your social media, so that you can qualify on their airdrop.

2nd Category : Telegram Bot - this type of airdrop are airdrops that are simple to do. Simple by just entering your Ethereum (ETH) Address, you will be directed into your dashboard where you can find your own "Invite Code", and "Referral link". By entering this invite code into their telegram group/bot, you would acquire a small amount of token which will be available to see on your dashboard.

3rd Category : Website Registration - this type of airdrop requires you to register on their website, and then there would be an "Airdrop" button on their navigation bar. Click this and you shall enter their airdrop tab which the coin will require you to do something before you could receive tokens on your dashboard. You need to register so that they can email you for newsletters, and updates.

4th Category : SelfDrops - this type of airdrop requires you to send 0 ETH on the contract address of a coin. Yes, 0 eth you would only pay for their gas fees. Now after you send it to their smart contract, they would send you a small amount of tokens in return. Some (or all, I am not sure) of the SelfDrops can be repeated, in such a way that you can send 0 eth on their account repeatedly to be rewarded by their coin over and over again. Some SelfDrops have an inflation for each succeeding transaction. For example, the first person who sent 0 eth would receive 6,000 tokens, the next person would receive 5,999, and so on.

5th Category : Add Asset Airdrop - now I am not sure about this one so bear with me. There are types of airdrop where coins like PNS, KFC, SPS1, PRO6, etc. are distributing their tokens by just adding their contract address on your wallet. For example we are using imToken as a wallet and literally this is how it works: First, click the "add asset" on the app. Next, type the token name or contract address (or if you are using MEW, click "Add Custom tokens"). Click "Add". Finally, the tokens have already been distributed on your account.

Token airdrop categories from 1 - 3 are the airdrops that I personally prefer because for me they are serious.

I am not saying that the 4th category is not serious because there are SelfDrop tokens that claim to be legitimate and post their announcements here on BTT, have their whitepaper, website, telegram.

But the 5th category man, I mean I personally do not know how they work, you could explain by posting a reply.

I'm thinking about it like how could I have their tokens by just adding the contract address of the coin into my wallet?

I must admit that there are many SelfDrops that are being spread on the telegram airdrop channels because they are easy to do, and do not have any social media requirement sharing to do. But these SelfDrops do not even have a proof of legitimacy like the coin's telegram/twitter, or any other social medias. Some telegram airdrop channels are just like "Send 0 eth into this address and receive 40,000 OXO Coin for FREE!". So does the "Add Asset Airdrop", which some telegram airdrop channels are like: "Airdrop direct to your wallet, just add the coin into your custom tokens. Contract add : 0x0xxasdf, Symbol: XOX, Decimals: 8". And man do I hate it, because if these types of airdrop weren't legit, it would be a cancer to the airdrop industry (There are types of airdrops that also only need your donation and then they'd leave, which is also cancerous), in such a way that it would be like a spam, a worthless piece of coin.

Thoughts?
Real airdrop is free and doesn't need to tweet or post anything because it is categorized as bounty. Old airdrops before only needs your address , you only need to fill up the form and put your address or PM the dev with your wallet address and you will get an airdrop. Airdrop today is so complicated and majority of them have no value unlike before.
esmstrade

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:47:15 PM

Actually, KYC limits users abuse on Airdrop. People are sending multiple MEW address. It does not only put's your tokens at risk but also makes it available on few people.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6142

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:47:50 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 06:15:31 PM by d5000

Interesting compilation. Airdrops seem to be "en vogue" again Wink

I however do not fully understand why you don't like the categories you label as 4 and 5 (SelfDrop and Add Asset). As far as I know (and I'm not really an airdrop expert), these coins simply use smart contracts that "react" to the action you take (sending 0 ETH or adding an asset - that means they have a way to monitor addresses that add the contract address) and drop you the airdrop amount once that action is triggered. So they avoid the hassle of having to operate a website that is very likely to be flooded with visits.

To give you a more qualified answer about category 5: Could you give a link to an airdrop of this kind? I'm myself curious of how this "address monitoring" could work.

PS: I checked the tokens you mentioned and only found PNS (wow, such coin!). They simply seem to reward all existing Ethereum addresses with coins (so their contract seems to monitor "address creation"; however, that would mean only actually used addresses would be rewarded as others aren't saved in the blockchain). It's obviously not very clear how such a coin should gain any value (regardless of the name). If the other coins you mentioned in this category work the same way, then I can understand your issues with this airdrop style Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
towfer018

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:30:33 PM

selfdrop is not available on IMtoken am I right?
Mutuwenge

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:41:18 PM

I don't think those token got by adding there contract address are real, and does not have value... No ICO, no telegram group and nor bounty program.... It surprise me alot when I heard about this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: