Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:49:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OT BFL crud from] BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner  (Read 1775 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:10:55 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 02:21:31 AM by Bicknellski

"We are all given a short time, and I think the biggest mistake a lot of entrepreneurs make is that they design and optimize their vision to provide the largest financial return possible. Now, making money is not a bad thing, but what should be known and understood, is that in the end, our salaries, the cars we drive, the square footage of our homes… none of that matters. What matters is the legacy that our business and our vision can leave behind – a legacy that has the ability to shape, disrupt, or destroy, a familiar system. When you disrupt a familiar system, you change perspective – you change the way a community can define themselves to inspire future innovation. Just because things are the way they are does not mean they should remain that way. I want to invite you all to leave your mark on something, and don’t be afraid of ignoring what you are brought up thinking is natural." - Matthew Manos @ TEDx, 2012

Ethically he needs to get his house in order before I will send him any hardware. If he can show he has rectified that part of the way he has done and does business then maybe I would be willing to send hardware his way. Again one can be a great person, kind, giving to a community but it doesn't mean you are ethical. That is my issue not the sum total of what he gives but rather the lack of integrity when it comes to how he has handled several situations. I would loved to learn more about the schism between CGminer and BFGminer I am sure there are more lapses in judgment to be uncovered there as well. Good luck in all you do Luke.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:26:42 AM

"We are all given a short time, and I think the biggest mistake a lot of entrepreneurs make is that they design and optimize their vision to provide the largest financial return possible. Now, making money is not a bad thing, but what should be known and understood, is that in the end, our salaries, the cars we drive, the square footage of our homes… none of that matters. What matters is the legacy that our business and our vision can leave behind – a legacy that has the ability to shape, disrupt, or destroy, a familiar system. When you disrupt a familiar system, you change perspective – you change the way a community can define themselves to inspire future innovation. Just because things are the way they are does not mean they should remain that way. I want to invite you all to leave your mark on something, and don’t be afraid of ignoring what you are brought up thinking is natural." - Matthew Manos @ TEDx, 2012

Ethically he needs to get his house in order before I will send him any hardware. If he can show he has rectified that part of the way he has done and does business then maybe I would be willing to send hardware his way. Again one can be a great person, kind, giving to a community but it doesn't mean you are ethical. That is my issue not the sum total of what he gives but rather the lack of integrity when it comes to how he has handled several situations. I would loved to learn more about the schism between CGminer and BFGminer I am sure there are more lapses in judgment to be uncovered there as well. Good luck in all you do Luke.

Can I steal that quote for other use? I love it.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:09:33 AM

OT, I like that quote too. I guess you just use it, and don't forget the attribution.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:04:57 AM

Watch his TEDx talk here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HigiAXs9d2w

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: