Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:58:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My new website that I am working on. Need input  (Read 2283 times)
mizike29 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:34:14 PM

Ok, I have followed advice from what I heard back so far.  Would like thoughts, any help, ideas, suggestions, what looks or doesnt work, if its ugly lol etc  on my site.  I havent posted in this thread before but did in economics I think.  This is closer to finished product, please tell me what I need to add, change etc.

Trying to create a site that will have all the info, buyers, sellers, sites, feedback and bitcoin info all in one spot, still dont know how to create a true forum for feedback, the site is active and does show up on google search if you type the website in but not keywords.  First website attempt so all is helpful and appreciated. 

Bitcoinproducts4sale.com

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
angelo95

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:39:31 PM

It's ugly. Sorry but I think you can guess about that.
riush

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:22:52 PM

Yeah it doesn't look good, but you obviously put quite some effort in the content.

Under 'services', I'd suggest a section for anonymity services / VPNs - I'm using mullvad and am very happy with it.

Just FYI - the Kalyhost review on the wiki you link to has been deleted by MagicalTux himself Tongue
Maybe you should re-publish that somewhere else...

1MKKiJhUJgqKyfCLeo7bB1bvELNEM8wUbz
Gabriel Beal

Activity: 210

Fezzik, tear his arms off.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 03:11:44 PM

Thanks for listing SquareWear.  By the way, you spelled "Game sights" instead of "Game sites" under the "products" section.

mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 11:44:02 PM

Yeah I need to do some editing.  Is it still ugly?  LOL.  I put the original bitcoin pic back in corner, think the site looks better, got rid of most of the colors.  Should I scrap the design and start over?

Yeah I think that spelling part was all changed, I erased the content and did it again.  Changed some top links, and also link back to this forum now. think its getting better, daily bitcoin news, forum, info, producst, services. 

Yeah need to put some VOIP and security sites up there definitly will do.

indicasteve

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 01:28:09 AM

The text is SOOOO BIG!  Might be because you are using a wide screen LCD monitor to design your page or something...I have to scroll 40% to get to the other side.

Hard to navigate...you should have a menu that runs down the left side where all that blank space is.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 05:46:54 PM

I have to scroll a little to see the whole page, that is the flaw of the template design and or my bigger text, im going to redo it right now, and see if this is better.  Thanks for all the info, any and all comments, help would be freaking awesome.

drgr33n

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 05:56:44 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2011, 06:17:40 PM by drgr33n

I have to scroll a little to see the whole page, that is the flaw of the template design and or my bigger text, im going to redo it right now, and see if this is better.  Thanks for all the info, any and all comments, help would be freaking awesome.

How did you put it all together ? it looks messy and unfinished Please don't take it the wrong way !! Cheesy I'd love to help but I'm so busy as most are trying to make bitcoin a reality Wink i would suggest you grab a copy of adobe design and look into putting something together with photoshop / dreamweaver. You can achieve a really professional look and with hardly any technical knowledge.

There's plenty of guides online on how to design the layout in photoshop, slice it up and export it to dreamweaver for the rest. I've used photoshop for writing my own websites and designing zen cart themes etc.

saying that mines worse atm hahaha  so I can't talk Cheesy I put this together in about 30mins using photoshop and kwrite notepad for you windoes guys Cheesy

http://www.linuxcoin.co.uk/

Another handy tool is firebug for firefox. You can inspect elements of your site and make changes while you view it via firefox. Once your happy make the changes inside your scripts and upload. Or you can amuse yourself by being a co&k like me and deface websites locally for a laugh Cheesy

mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:25:34 PM

Ok I changed the format, and layout, colors, hopefully this looks better and I updated the daily news and some information.  It is unfinished, definitely a work in progress, only been a week or so working on it.  I am using parrallels plesk desktop site builder. 

jostmey

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 07:13:00 PM

Much better! It is slowly getting there.

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
Fireball

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 07:15:51 PM

Most people in this thread missed the "First website attempt so all is helpful and appreciated. ".
It looks exactly like the first attempt, and for the first attempt it is at least contains a useful idea. Unlike some other attempts which offer unnecessary services for a very small fee Smiley

Margin trading platform OrderBook.net (ICBIT): https://orderbook.net
Follow us in Twitter: https://twitter.com/orderbooknet
mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:54:46 PM

THanks, yeah I was hoping it was good for a first attempt lol.  First time every buying a domain name etc, now trying to figure out how to get it to show up on the first two pages of a google search for keywords or something which is a pain, seems like I need to add Meta tags or something but much harder in a template form.  I have XARA WEBSITE DESIGNER now too, but when I tried that it seemed way harder lol.  I want to get this set up well to help the bitcoin community, one place with everything I think would be good.

indicasteve

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2011, 04:37:38 AM

I tell this story to everybody...back in the day when I was taking my network engineer course, we had a guy come in one day, and he told us to open up notepad.  He showed us how to make a simple HTML web page using just notepad.

You need to learn HTML and CSS by working on a simple static page and ONLY using a text editor to do it.

The one thing you need to learn is how to make tables in HTML and then make them look pretty using CSS.

If you use some tool to make a web page that constructs the HTML for you, you are doomed to an unforgiving hell of fighting something you don't understand and much less control.

When you start a web page with a simple text document, it is absolutely bland when you start...but that is the key to success.  Many popular websites are not flashy or have crazy shlt going on...but they are functional and easily navigable.   Although it's on the extreme end on minimalistic, the website for PuTTY comes to mind...it does what it does and everyone's happy without a lot of brewhaha.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
brandon@sourcewerks

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:20:46 AM

If you use some tool to make a web page that constructs the HTML for you, you are doomed to an unforgiving hell of fighting something you don't understand and much less control.

Not to mention all the "junk code" that gets inserted into you page when using one of these.

OP, Notepad++ is free and is your friend.

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
BitcoinBabe

Side-stepping the matrix | Bit by bit

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2011, 12:15:33 PM

Given that bitcoin is a global currency, with no specific nationality, you mighy want to consider renaming the "Bitcoin outside of USA" page to something like "Bitcoin Around the World" or "Bitcoin Global Presence."

angelo95

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 02:34:30 PM

I can see you are slowly improving your design. But slowly. But please decrease this font size and remove the bold style.
Xephan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 02:59:37 PM

Ok, I have followed advice from what I heard back so far.  Would like thoughts, any help, ideas, suggestions, what looks or doesnt work, if its ugly lol etc  on my site.  I havent posted in this thread before but did in economics I think.  This is closer to finished product, please tell me what I need to add, change etc.

Trying to create a site that will have all the info, buyers, sellers, sites, feedback and bitcoin info all in one spot, still dont know how to create a true forum for feedback, the site is active and does show up on google search if you type the website in but not keywords.  First website attempt so all is helpful and appreciated. 

Bitcoinproducts4sale.com

For this to work, you'll really want to use a CMS or else all that updating will be hellish.
mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:21:32 PM

Definitely will change the name of bitcoin outside of usa, I was just thinking of things and found that article from japan and thought that would be another good topic, way better title, will do that.   THE text yeah im working on that still.

Yes I would like to learn HTML, I got some vids and started to but then man I just wanted to get something prettty good up to help bitcoin, and it aint like I am going to make money, so thought a template might work best and faster, but its definitely holding me back.

My big wall now is getting it to show up in google keyword searches over all these old posts that pop up.  It shows in google if you type it out but not search words,, or if it does must be pages and pages away. 

aithran

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:35:10 PM

The one thing you need to learn is how to make tables in HTML...

Tables are old tech.
mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 01:58:57 AM

Yeah I dont know about learning HTML for this, I think I just need to either find a template that works the best I can, or I now have XARA WEBSITE BUILDER, its way more complex then a template, but might give that a try.  Still dont see how I can get my site to be in search without paying.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: