Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:20:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Help test next major release of Armory! [0.04 BTC/bug]  (Read 12570 times)
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 06:48:56 PM

My apologies guys.  I've been swamped with the new release, and preparing for the conference next week.  I'll spend some time today going through and tallying up how many people get bounties.  If you believe you get a bounty, please PM me your address and let me know if you are okay with a single outgoing payment with all recipients at once.  I prefer to reduce blockchain bloat, but I'm also okay with it if privacy is important to you.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:52:52 PM

My apologies guys.  I've been swamped with the new release, and preparing for the conference next week.  I'll spend some time today going through and tallying up how many people get bounties.  If you believe you get a bounty, please PM me your address and let me know if you are okay with a single outgoing payment with all recipients at once.  I prefer to reduce blockchain bloat, but I'm also okay with it if privacy is important to you.

No problem, I was just curious, no rush. PMed

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 12:05:01 AM

I just updated the list on the first post.   I think that covers everything.  I have basically ignored any OSX issues since that was completely hosed.  Hopefully we'll get an OSX build going, after the conference.

If you are on the list, please PM me with payment address and specify if you are okay with me sending one transaction with multiple outputs to everyone receiving a bounty. 

BTW:  a lot of these bugs will actually be fixed in 0.91-beta.  I didn't perceive most of them to be showstoppers for 0.90.  It was the showstopping bugs that I was looking for that would make for an embarrassing release...

Thanks everyone for helping out!  If you continue bug-hunting in 0.90, and find new bugs, feel free to post here and I'll honor the bounty up to the limit I originally specified. 

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:07:32 AM

I just updated the list on the first post.   I think that covers everything.  I have basically ignored any OSX issues since that was completely hosed.  Hopefully we'll get an OSX build going, after the conference.

If you are on the list, please PM me with payment address and specify if you are okay with me sending one transaction with multiple outputs to everyone receiving a bounty. 

BTW:  a lot of these bugs will actually be fixed in 0.91-beta.  I didn't perceive most of them to be showstoppers for 0.90.  It was the showstopping bugs that I was looking for that would make for an embarrassing release...

Thanks everyone for helping out!  If you continue bug-hunting in 0.90, and find new bugs, feel free to post here and I'll honor the bounty up to the limit I originally specified. 

No problem, I had fun!

jyyst

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:36:37 AM

It is not a problem for me too. My BTC address: 1Nbu8kh1Y6ti98BazN6KeanYvkUKwvwtd2 . When are you going to fix the error that I reported (crash with a lot of addresses)?
cverity

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:04:42 PM

I installed Armory on a Windows 7 work PC with the intention of importing watch-only wallets.

I couldn't get Armory to go into online mode.  Eventually I figured out what was happening.  I log into my PC as a domain user, and my home directory is c:\users\<domain user>.<domain name\ - My USERPROFILE environment variable is set correctly, and bitcoin-qt and bitcoind read from the correct c:\users\<domain user>.<domain name> directory, and my permissions on that directory only give my domain user account access.

I finally discovered, that anytime I launched Armory, the permissions on bitcoin.conf would get changed.  My domain user's permissions would be removed, and replaced by permissions for my local user. As a result, when Armory tried to launch bitcoind in the background, it was unable to read the file and failed to launch.

This only happens when I launch Armory. I does not happen when I run bitcoin-qt or bitcoind independently.

If I tell Armory to not run bitcoin in the background, and I run it myself, then everything worked fine.

However, I did discover a solution. I modified the permissions for bitcoin.conf, by adding my domain user back in with full permissions, and removing permission for the local user to delete the file or modify its permissions.  Armory is now able to go online just fine.
cverity

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:18:35 PM

Not so much a bug, but the Transaction Fee tooltip says:

..."for less than $0.01 USD and helps the network"

You might consider rewording this without specifying a USD amount, since with the current USD exchange rate, a .00005 fee is more than $0.01.  Even a relay fee of .00001 is more than $0.01  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: