Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:54:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if another cryptocurrency took Bitcoins place in Market Cap?  (Read 2624 times)
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:19:18 AM

I'm not entirely sure what this question is getting at. What exactly could happen, it's just a statistic, it doesn't really mean anything. Bitcoin could lose top spot for a number of reasons and the way the crypto market would be would change with each. Nothing all that spectacular would change though. Let's say ETH grows to overtake Bitcoin, it won't change anything.
It is never that simple, in the scenario you are bringing up there will not be much of a problem since bitcoin will just be surpassed by a strong competitor, but what if bitcoin lost that spot because some other occurrence, what if some kind of vulnerability was found or if the governments did a 51% attack or what if they incarcerated the devs, there are many scenarios in which bitcoin losing the first spot in market cap could come from something else than a market competitor surpassing it.

But can it be any other way? I mean losing the first spot will always mean succumbing to a competitor but that is not going to happen without some external factor playing out anyway. I think we should rather put these factors into at least 2 categories or groups. The first is for causes or events which affect only bitcoin and the other for things which affect all cryptocurrencies at once. Obviously, the first group of events should be preferred since there will be only victim with no one else hurt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gulayman

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:32:08 AM

A new crypto king? I don't think so. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and many people will change their lives because of it. And then, it all change easily. For me, bitcoin is still the father and valueable coin.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:01:01 AM

Nothing special would happen; that would be a natural evolution due to the fact that some altcoins have better tech specs than BTC.
Yes it will not be a big issue, because up and down is always there in competition, we can see that people are also investing money in Etherium and other crytpo currencies, they have the expectation that the coin they have selected will compete with any other cypto currency and will overcome them, may be it  will happen in future, but it does not mean that it will bring such a big revolution in the market, i hope that it will be a normal process.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:02:58 AM

A new crypto king? I don't think so. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and many people will change their lives because of it. And then, it all change easily. For me, bitcoin is still the father and valueable coin.

For some years I doubt anything could be very near to btc as it is being the original coin and as a reason today we have many other coins in the market. So may be their would be some coins which will get evolved over the years and may fill the gap between the bitcoin and 2nd coin in the market cap which far behind than the btc.
minbabo

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:07:07 AM

In that case, that coin would really have a good potential. I cannot see any new coin that can replace bitcoin yet. As we all know, a lot of people already trusted bitcoin and they consider it as the main currency because it's the first cryptocurrency to become very successful and bring convenience to everyone.

Yes I Agree. Interesting.
admissionsuk

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:30:19 AM

Crypto world is not reliable in any cases so however new the crypto is, it will suffer from unreliablity
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:30:01 AM

So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?
Are you looking at the price trend of the different altcoin in the market cap? It seems you are not because you came up with that kind of question. If you look closely at the market cap, you can see that almost all coins are price dependent on Bitcoin, meaning if Bitcoin's price is going down, the same will happen with the others and vice versa. So that is really hard to imagine given the circumstances.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:14:21 AM

So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?
Are you looking at the price trend of the different altcoin in the market cap? It seems you are not because you came up with that kind of question. If you look closely at the market cap, you can see that almost all coins are price dependent on Bitcoin, meaning if Bitcoin's price is going down, the same will happen with the others and vice versa. So that is really hard to imagine given the circumstances.

One year ago the BTC/alt pairing was working exactly the other way around; BTC on the rise, alts plummeting.

Who knows what might happen this year?

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:56:27 PM

Well you know it's bound to happen sooner or later because Bitcoins is down for more than three months and people are loosing trust.. And switching on to other platforms ..

If the price of Bitcoins didn't got up that soon I feel it will be taken over for sure.

After that it will go tulips is all I think.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
ununoctiumprecipitate3

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:09:46 PM

Nothing much will happen except that it will take some time again to get settled in the cryptoz in place of btcs
Minnie1928

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:45:45 PM

The small percentage of the people would hold the Bitcoin further if that situation would happen. Bitcoin would be dumped in the end and this short taking of the Bitcoin off the throne would actually be the Bitcoin demise because it could never return to the first place.
First overtaking would mean more and more dumps with the impossibility for the Bitcoin to recover.
That situation is not going to happen because the Bitcoin established a strong base of the investors which are backing it flawlessly.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:09:24 AM

In my opinion, it will not so good for us. It will make cryptocurrency investment image become bad. People will think that cryptocurrency investment is very very risky and tiring and worrying, because investors should check their investments everytime because their investments could be fail anytime. Bitcoin should be keep become the numner one cryptocurrency so investors will litle bit feel safe about their investments in cryptocurrency.
deathwish

Activity: 123

Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 02:25:03 AM

Half the world only knows about crypto because of Bitcoin. The other half is not existent. The trust is because of bitcoin. If it falls, this whole space will implode.

Possible though ... that's the craziness of this universe.

frankybutterin

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:02:33 AM

I think it would be hard to happen. If it happens it would take a long time because bitcoin is the first coin in the world of cryptocurenncy and currently has the highest price of other coins. And bitcoin already has a great community and forum. Is there a coin that has a forum like this bitcoin? It will be difficult for altcoin to replace bitcoin position.

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:25:12 AM

In my opinion, it will not so good for us. It will make cryptocurrency investment image become bad. People will think that cryptocurrency investment is very very risky and tiring and worrying, because investors should check their investments everytime because their investments could be fail anytime. Bitcoin should be keep become the numner one cryptocurrency so investors will litle bit feel safe about their investments in cryptocurrency.
I think is not bad for someone who have an investment in bitcoin. Keep in mind, the price of coin in cryptocurrency pure is determined by supply and demand, if someday bitcoin is can be replaced it means the investor again that coin is a lot and beat bitcoin users or bitcoin investors move to coin that replaces bitcoin. The investors who have a intelligent thinking always see loopholes against potential coin for investment. And I think this forum is not dedicated to bitcoin users only, if later bitcoin can be replaced this forum will remain a user of cryptocurrency.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:37:16 AM

don't take it personal because rivalry between cryptocurrencies and other cryptocurrencies were very tight and people always be discover which coins will have potential to being the king of cryptocurrencies and if someday there is another coins could able to taking over bitcoin position on marketcap which mean people already consider bitcoin isn't the best coin again but don't mean bitcoin will losing the value if first position not belong to them anymore
torch2121

Activity: 210

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 07:03:50 AM

I think its fine for me as long as it is the same as Bitcoin's vision. Open for all, decentralized, and etc.

Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:57:17 PM

I think is not bad for someone who have an investment in bitcoin. Keep in mind, the price of coin in cryptocurrency pure is determined by supply and demand, if someday bitcoin is can be replaced it means the investor again that coin is a lot and beat bitcoin users or bitcoin investors move to coin that replaces bitcoin. The investors who have a intelligent thinking always see loopholes against potential coin for investment. And I think this forum is not dedicated to bitcoin users only, if later bitcoin can be replaced this forum will remain a user of cryptocurrency.
Yes that is right but i do not think that it will happen in near future, because in current time bitcoin is the main crypto currency where people are more interested to invest their money as compare to any other crytpo currency. That is why bitcoin is becoming stronger and more popular from time to time. I think that in future bitcoin will become more stronger than any other crypto currency.
RAAAMA

Activity: 107
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:20:16 PM

Well as what others say here, that Alts will be the new KING. But I don't think it will happen in the near future. Maybe many years from now there is a possibility as many new Alts is being introduce right now. Alts with a wide range of usability will for sure gain momentum and we don't, maybe it something that will replace BTC in the future. That's only a speculations. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      flyCARE.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MEDICAL, WELLNESS AND PERSONAL CARE
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
hygroscopicgymnasiumd

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:44:42 PM

If that happens then the cryptoz will have a total downfall as most of the people are in the cryptoz for btcs
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: