Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:50:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if another cryptocurrency took Bitcoins place in Market Cap?  (Read 2624 times)
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 07:03:33 AM

if it will really happen will the users be accepting it if for instance its ETH that will replace BTC.

its not hard to accept this after all ETH is accepted to most merchants as well. and so ETH will be the BASE CURRENCY for most pairs in the exchanges. its not so hard to see this in exchanges after all we are already seeing ETH/* listed on exchanges.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:12:09 AM

I already know that Ethereum will surpass Bitcoin in the near future. I mean there are way more uses for Ethereum than on Bitcoin. I mean just converting alt coins to Bitcoins, you will need to convert them to Ethereum first. If that should happen, then people will have more Ethereum in their holdings than bitcoin.

kive2k

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:59:01 AM

Then we will see changes in the leaders, then we will be able to observe some correction. Although I do not really believe in it, I think bitcoin is very firmly entrenched in the leaders.
ThunderFive

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:40:21 AM

if it will really happen will the users be accepting it if for instance its ETH that will replace BTC.

its not hard to accept this after all ETH is accepted to most merchants as well. and so ETH will be the BASE CURRENCY for most pairs in the exchanges. its not so hard to see this in exchanges after all we are already seeing ETH/* listed on exchanges.

One more important thing, ETH is the base of almost ICOs in 2 years nearly, so in the future, when these ICOs get listed, they will be good to trade with ETH pairs (to compare with ICO price).
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:31:46 AM

Then we will see changes in the leaders, then we will be able to observe some correction. Although I do not really believe in it, I think bitcoin is very firmly entrenched in the leaders.

maybe we can see in the future and will not see this in the short time because bitcoin still leading the cryptocurrency and all coins still adjust their price with bitcoin. maybe if there is a new technology which is better than blockchain technology then the new cryptocurrency will change the position of the cryptocurrency and the bitcoin position will change to that new crypto. but so far, I am not seeing the opportunity for another coin to replace bitcoin in the cryptocurrency.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:34:12 AM

Then the price of bitcoin will just go to a very low price and that will become the end for the bitcoin holder and traders because it means that bitcoin lose the game and it is not the king anymore and there is another king to catch on. As of now, i don't think that it will happen so i am confidently holding my bitcoin for at least a few more years.
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:22:51 PM

So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

No one knows the future, maybe the Bitcoin can be replaced by Monero or Ethereum, but to beat Bitcoin, they really need a long time. Bitcoin is the strongest and most reliable in crypto, it is more likely that Bitcoin will remain a crypto king rather than being displaced by another coin.

katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:07:17 AM

Uuhm…. I don’t really see anything that will happen. I think things will just continue as it is and Bitcoin will possibly retain the same price it was at before being taken over. And for another cryptocurrency to take over Bitcoin that means that the market cap of that cryptocurrency will have to be worth more than the current market cap for Bitcoin.

Bitcoin’s market cap is too big and I don’t see any cryptocurrency that can easily beat such market cap. Unless we will all decide together to quit investing Bitcoin and withdraw all our money from it and start investing it in other cryptocurrencies.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:25:52 AM

Then the price of bitcoin will just go to a very low price and that will become the end for the bitcoin holder and traders because it means that bitcoin lose the game and it is not the king anymore and there is another king to catch on. As of now, i don't think that it will happen so i am confidently holding my bitcoin for at least a few more years.
No you’re wrong, that Bitcoin price has fallen or maybe that it has been kicked out from the first doesn’t mean that’s the end for it. It still continues, and if such a thing happens, that means there is still the chance that Bitcoin might still get back to the top as number one cryptocurrency.

It’s very difficult for any cryptocurrency to take Bitcoin’s place as number one, not even these new cryptocurrencies that act like they have got what it takes, nope they don’t. Have you ever check coinmarketcap to see the gap difference in market cap of BTC and others like ETH and BCH? So it’s close to being impossible, but I know nothing is impossible lol.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:30:24 AM

Then obviously the game will change and everyone will shift to that coin who will take place bitcoin. And we would still experience fluctations of the prices because it is going to be a new coin investors will be keeping an eye on for their investment again.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:56:52 AM

This probably won't happen. Because even if people will notice that every other cryptocurrency is approaching bitcoin, they immediately begin to move into bicton not to let that happen.
In my opinion, keeping everything constant, it will act exactly like Bitcoin and people will invest in it as much as they do in Bitcoin. But the statement is a hypothetical one and not a realistic one. Among the crypto besides Bitcoin, only ETH looks a bit potential in the market and might pose a threat to Bitcoin in future but that will be long from now. Right now, we do not have a crypto to replace Bitcoin.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:10:15 PM

So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

If that happen, i think cryptocurrency market more healthy and more mature. Bitcon dominating market in crypto more than 40% right now and more than 60% in 2017. Its not healthy because others crypto can not growth and investor dont have many choice

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:47:25 PM

Bitcoin remains an indomitable lion of crypto world,but should that happen i shall see it as a goodnews because it will add to the credence that crypto market is totally decentralised and without permanent monopoly i cant wait to see that day and the panic sale it will generate
lincolnmad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:19:20 PM

I think it would never happen for the next 1-5 years, bitcoin still dominate the market cap and even other altcoins price is also depends on the bitcoin price but it might possible though in the future. Who knows, maybe ETH or BCH can take over bitcoins place.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:44:37 AM

Competitions of cryptocurrency will occur if that happens. I think some of holders of bitcoin will swift into the new top coin. This will be the best part of being a crypto user that bitcoin bitcoin will have a contender. The contender that will fight bitcoin along as it's record down.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:16:29 AM

I think that we all will be having a new fresh look on the cryptocurrencies market, which would`nt be printed by an impression, that bitcoin is the most highest and unable to overcome cryptocurrency at the stage.
For the moment no one coin can compete with bitcoin, even ethereum though. it seems that for long term bitcoin will still continue to be the main cryptocurrency, maybe there will come some more sophisticated coins, but the key is on the user? because actually the user is very comfortable using bitcoin right now...
Even if a new and better coin appeared that does not mean that it could replace bitcoin, sometimes people forget that bitcoin is not only a piece of technology but a currency as well and one of the most important aspects of a currency is if you trust in it or not, and I think that the majority of the forum does in fact trust in bitcoin, so the coin that wants to beat bitcoin not only has to do it in terms of technology but in the field of trust as well.
rossr1

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:59:25 PM

It can be true of course. Maybe in the near future maybe in 10 years. If another cryptocurrency takes place of Bitcoin nothing will happen. I think people still will invest into crypto. It doesn't matter who is in the first place.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:06:36 PM

will i think if the bitcoin will be replace. i think it nothing gonna happen and the market will still go run. but i think it will not gonna happen today or this year. because the price of other competitor is too far than bitcoin. maybe soon but not today
Red Fish

Activity: 435
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:16:21 PM

It can not be in nearest future, because Bitcoin is too popular and users do not replace it. Plus many people also have BTC miners, which costs a lot, so Bitcoin is Nr.1 in current crypto market without any doubts.  Wink
doraemon26

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:17:22 PM

Then if does happen so the value of coin will stay depend the value of bitcoin except on the number 1 who take place but it is very impossible that any coin would replace the bitcoin being on the top.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: