Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:24:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding for 1 year considered short term or long term?  (Read 567 times)
pprun

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:12:09 PM

If we say short time of holding this will refers to months. You invest token now, then few moths from now you sell all of your token. This is what short time holding is. Long term holding is not like short time. Long term refers to years to count before you decide to sell your token. If you have already 12 months experienced of holding your token, then it will be  consider as long term holding. You hold your token to wait patiently to meet the price of your token that you have desired. This is what long term holding. Short term and long term is risky, so watch.
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:17:59 PM

i consider that as a long term investment, if you say “short term” it goes like a day trade or weekly trading, if you hold a coin for the whole year, it called long term investment, but it doesnt mean your holding a coin for the whole year you automatically gain profit, NO way that can happen because it all depends on what coin you invest, and depending on the investors that supports that specific coin. be sure to choose where to invest ant what coin to invest.
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:23:38 PM

Many many people say they are holding this, holding that for the "long term" but please tell me what exactly is your guys definition of "long term"?
For me, 1 year is considered long time. I began investing this January and I will hold one year and cash out everything January 2019. So by your definition, is this more short term or long term? Is 1 year enough time to see gains?  Huh

I would consider it long term. Some of my trades literally only take 10 minutes if I get lucky. Yes, 1 year is plenty enough time to see gains. However, the cryptocurrency market has gone down by quite a bit every January for the last few years. So you may want to keep an eye out come December at the price of your coins and sell then.

The price goes down in january is like habit which will always happen if trader or holder think the same about what will happen in january.
Its not about news or technical but mostly about believe with experience.
If more and more trader have the same experience several time about price drop in january, so more and more trader will do the same every year which is selling their coin every january and its followed by other and you will know what happen. Price crash more than what we think.

withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:29:36 PM

I also consider it as long term investment. When it comes to crypto investments people cannot even stay in same coin for 5 straight days. Short tern trading is generally told to people who do daily trades.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
shashko

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:52:56 PM

1 year in most of the coins is long term but some of them like BTC, ETH and etc. are considered as mid term. In some cases long term is good because your coins can grow big, but you need to keep track on them so you can know when is the best time to sell or how much time you need to hold them.

jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:14:09 PM

1 year in cryptocurrency is very much long term. Bitcoin was only first introduced 8-9 years ago so 1 year is a large time span in crypto markets. Short term for me would be anything less than a month, even that I would consider to be somewhat medium term. Perhaps less than a week is more accurate to me

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
HoaNguyen

Activity: 238

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:24:11 PM

In my view, holding cryptos for 6 months or more is a long-term investment. Few people have enough patience to invest in long-term to make a profit. Most people when the exchange rate x2 will immediately sell, not wait and hold to earn big benefits in the long term.

salahfycl

Activity: 189

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:35:13 PM

all the investment more than six month are long term , It may attract quick profits from trading and short-term investment , But long-term investment are more profitable .

jonland22

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:38:47 PM

In accounting a 1 year is just a short term but based on my observation i think 1 year holding in cryptocurrency should be considered as long term because there's a significant change that could happen in that span of time.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
nobetci

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:22:08 AM

Many many people say they are holding this, holding that for the "long term" but please tell me what exactly is your guys definition of "long term"?
For me, 1 year is considered long time. I began investing this January and I will hold one year and cash out everything January 2019. So by your definition, is this more short term or long term? Is 1 year enough time to see gains?  Huh

I think one year is not a short time for an investment. In my opinion, one year is an enough period to see the economical situation. But on the other hand, I think ethereum, bitcoin and many other coins have really good potentials to make bigger surprises by their new top prices. So, I think long term investments can bring really good earnings.

______________▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █►  arizn  ◄█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂______________            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                         ◄   ICO: 30% BONUS   ►
FacebookTwitterYoutubeInstagramWebsiteWalletTelegramWhitepaper ●    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:43:53 AM

Some people would say one year is considered as a short term investment and some says it is considered as a long term but for me i considered it as a long term because when i was very new here most of the time i convert my coins in a couple of months or even in a week and now i am trying to invest my coins like my bitcoin ang ethereum for a year or more than that because i see my future that these coins will make me rich.
simplestrategy

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 01:50:22 AM

Personally, I would say, long term is when the coin have increased at least 10 times my initial investment, regardless of how long it takes. It can be 10 minutes, or 10 years.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:13:20 AM

1 year for me is already a long term investment, because i can see investors doing weekly trading where in they trade when ever they see a profit and they are keeping track in their investment daily.
yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:29:25 AM

A year is a long time. Long-term holding is better than short-term.

That means you invest your money and wait for it to double or triple.
Augor1

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:47:29 AM

Yes hodling for 1 year is considered a long term investment, that is like 10 years in crypto land.
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:29:22 AM

Well actually I also do trading using bitcoin. Because I believe to the potential of this coin. And in terms of holding, I think 1 year is too long for an investment. Because I already tried it that I invest a small amount in BTC but still I have my profit even if after a week. So its means if you hold it for 1year you will gain more and bigger that holding it for a short term.
Bodywowoya

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:12:03 AM

For some coins, and half a year is enough for lifting. And some five years is not enough to develop, although for me it is better not to pay attention to such projects. If during any year there are no significant changes in the price, then it is worth selling such a coin and yes it's a long time.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Zanetti83

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:43:04 AM

one year depends on the coin.
For me, one year can be considered long term.
However, all coins have their expected value, and how far they will grow, and I am happy to hold on until they reach my expectation.
btckid001

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:57:33 PM

From my point of view, holding 1 year would be a long term investment and less than half year would be a shot term investment for me. When you hold your coins for more than one year, you should consider it carefully and make sure coin is worth it rather than changing another coin for short term investment.

╱¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯╲Vestarin╱¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯╲
╲Marketplace of goods and services for cryptocurrency╱ (https://www.vestarin.io)[/cente
williwonka

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:19:37 PM

as for me it's a short term
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: