Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:40:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok to sell information for BTC ?  (Read 1372 times)
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:34:51 AM

Yes,I'm a newb and don't know what the etiquette is surrounding this topic,therefore thought I'd ask before doing anything.The information is definitely time sensitive and is quite valuable to those whom mine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:38:30 AM

Yes,I'm a newb and don't know what the etiquette is surrounding this topic,therefore thought I'd ask before doing anything.The information is definitely time sensitive and is quite valuable to those whom mine.

This is very vague.... what makes the information so time sensitive and quite valuable?
sublimnl

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:39:38 AM

Think of Bitcoins as your primary currency. Whatever you can buy and/or sell with your current currency can and will be bought and/or sold with Bitcoins. There are no restrictions in that sense... the only restrictions are legal ones but that is up to you on how you would approach that...
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:44:44 AM

@Tysat,I don't have a single BTC lol hence I thought I'd try this method.The information is VALID and valuable despite me being new I am quite sure of this.

@Sublimnl,Thanks for that information is completely legal and just wondered if it was ethical to do so as a "trade" or if there were restrictions on the forum to do this.

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:45:48 AM

@Tysat,I don't have a single BTC lol hence I thought I'd try this method.The information is VALID and valuable despite me being new I am quite sure of this.

You still have yet to say anything about your "information", leading me to believe it is not valid or valuable.
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:47:21 AM

That is where BTC speaks my friend and it is legit or I wouldn't do it.

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:50:02 AM

So someone has to send you BTC to get some "valuable intel"?  You didn't even say what it was about like increasing mining speed, where to get cheap cards, or something useful like that.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:52:25 AM

@Sublimnl,Thanks for that information is completely legal and just wondered if it was ethical to do so as a "trade" or if there were restrictions on the forum to do this.
As long as it's not illegal (that includes copyright), it should be fine as long as it's not some big referal/MLM scam. However, whether or not what you post is allowed is still up to the Mod's discretion.

Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:01:46 AM

As long as it's not illegal (that includes copyright), it should be fine as long as it's not some big referal/MLM scam. However, whether or not what you post is allowed is still up to the Mod's discretion.
Alright,That's great to know.No it isn't a scam and I am willing forfeit my account and mine for the highest bidder for 1 week if it is not legit and/or legal.

I have also made a post here just to highlight any transparency.

Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:04:33 AM

So someone has to send you BTC to get some "valuable intel"?  You didn't even say what it was about like increasing mining speed, where to get cheap cards, or something useful like that.
Definitely to increase your mining speed.No doubt.

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:10:49 AM

Alright,That's great to know.No it isn't a scam and I am willing forfeit my account and mine for the highest bidder for 1 week if it is not legit and/or legal.

I have also made a post here just to highlight any transparency.

How does that post highlight any transparency?
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:11:38 AM

Ha! I hate to say it, but you don't have much rep to lose. You might want to accept that the bidder pay you via an escrow. For example, BTCrow.com

Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:18:32 AM

Ha! I hate to say it, but you don't have much rep to lose. You might want to accept that the bidder pay you via an escrow. For example, BTCrow.com
Heh,I know hence why I'm confident enough to do this.I stand to gain more rather than lose.....I think I just grew a chest hair,lol.Thanks for the payment tip,btw.

ghotir

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:32:27 AM

Seriously, you're talking like a freakin used car salesman, or a scammer.
Shed more light on this "sensitive information" (red flag) that you're hesitant to reveal more information about (red flag).
Are you friends with his Royal Highness of Nigeria, Prince Megunna Scamou Outtayumoneh?
Beta-coiner1 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:38:34 AM

^No,highest bidder only !!!

If you're interested then just place a bet if not then you have lost.

Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:29:19 AM

^No,highest bidder only !!!

If you're interested then just place a bet if not then you have lost.

I lose.

Electrongolf

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

What's Your Gig?

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 04:36:28 AM

You can offer anything you like here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: