Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:48:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for someone to manipulate the virtual currency market?  (Read 1752 times)
yazman

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:47:28 PM

Absolutely! I've seen a lot of this in every exchange. There are instances that if they want to pump/dump it they will buy/sell(in small increments) on a price that they want however it is risky and also a person or a group needs a lot of capital to do this.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:45:02 PM

Absolutely! I've seen a lot of this in every exchange. There are instances that if they want to pump/dump it they will buy/sell(in small increments) on a price that they want however it is risky and also a person or a group needs a lot of capital to do this.

Possibly, whatever it is there's always a person behind everything and manipulating the market. We really can't avoid these people because they are part of the market.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:15:16 PM

If an entity is large and powerful enough, is it possible for it to gain a monopoly advantage and manipulate the rises and falls of the virtual currency market?

Yes, big whales are already doing it. In my opinion, it is harder in case of bitcoins as it is old and there are many investors who got involved when crypto was in early stages and whales were not noticing this.
Trying to manipulate bitcoin is getting harder but only if you are holding fiat since bitcoin is getting more expensive after each year, but if you are holding a lot of bitcoins and whales do, then it is easy to manipulate the price, if you want to make the price to go down you only need to sell some of your coins when there is a strong FUD and the market will crash and then the whales can get cheap coins after the market reaches the bottom.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:43:10 PM

Possibly, whatever it is there's always a person behind everything and manipulating the market. We really can't avoid these people because they are part of the market.
That depends on which part of market we are talking about cause some of coins haven't got "people" behing them so it would be hard to manipulate them in any possible way.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Kiss me

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:37:28 PM

Of course, happens all the time. Google pump and dump - see the crazy stories about how organises some of these schemes are.

I think If the company has high liquidity, it is used by big banks and companies. For profit speculation. They have an informal arrangement among themselves to buy the currency of EN masse. Thus creating hype and artificial demand for currencies that currently no supply.
Financial collusion poses the greatest danger to all types of markets. Stock market players often use speculative methods to generate quick profits. Various methods of manipulation From information technology to everyday psychology is used.
Yaminat

Activity: 537
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:20:09 PM

If an entity is large and powerful enough, is it possible for it to gain a monopoly advantage and manipulate the rises and falls of the virtual currency market?
Manipulate the growth and fall of the virtual currency market, and try to banks and whales and central government, but to gain a monopoly advantage, I think it is impossible, because bitcoin is provided only by people's faith in it!

Boh manok

Activity: 328

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:25:03 PM

If I do not think it's because the virtual currency is controlled by the market itself so Tidka can be controlled by someone who is in it about the rise and fall of the price of a virtual currency is and maybe that determines the price is the people who transact in it .

kive2k

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:01:26 PM

I think it is possible for holders of large capitals in the market, still possible bots, but this is not as effective as whales.
shackleford

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:28:56 PM

I am absolutely convinced that the market of any asset is managed by a group of people. I will give an example of Oil and gold - this assets, which are constantly manipulated by the miners of this resource. In cryptocurrency, those who have a lot of coins or the one who mines with mining the most are manipulated. And of course speculators always want to profit from an interesting price.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:34:51 PM

yes sure virtual currencies market is manipulated.With old techniques what is set up big buy big sell order is easy to manipulate market.Same technique was used to manipulate gold market.Now CFTC wants to investigate that
It is criminal behavior and can be sentenced by years in prison.Less money on market easier to manipulate market

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:40:34 PM

I've heard that the market can be manipulated by the whales who hold a large volume of bitcoin. In reality too, this is truly a possible fact. Because, even when there is a lots of fund mismanagement the price tends to fall much low in value and the similar scenario is the thing with a mass volume getting in the hands of whales.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:29:43 PM

I don’t really know how manipulation of prices works, but if it’s by people having enough power or capital to control prices, then I think the whales should be the ones doing that. I just read a news article that says government are looking for criminals that are manipulating prices.

That got me to be asking ‘who are these criminals?, does it have anything to do with whales?’ if so then there is no need looking cause they are in the open and we know most of them. I don’t trust government when they say sh%ts like that.
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:58:26 PM

I think today its possible and that's why today's market capitalization is 290 billion and not even 7...Today people don't know the real prices of coins because of speculative behaviors from large investors,But if  there are much more institutional money there will be a better balance,therefore it will be possible to see the real prices..So the answer is YES,because there are too many investors with billionaires who want to manipulate the virtual currency market and its not as hard for them as it seems with a huge capital.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:04:28 PM

The cryptocurrency market can be influenced; especially by news as it is still very volatile! We have a good example of the docademic that is presently being positively influenced by John McAfee. You can readily see the resultant effect of FUDS on the markets too.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
Experia

Activity: 924
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:07:54 PM

manipulation is the very sensitive topic no one can give proper explanation until we have proper evidence on it well crypto market are nt manipulative in my view but they decentralised in nature

for me by being a huge investors then pulling out the invesment in the market can be a sign of manipulation because if you have a huge investment then pulling it out the market will react in negative way.
weiweianll

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:03:24 PM

From the perspective of the stock market, someone controls the price of stocks, and the market for cryptocurrencies is easier to manipulate!
Because the market value of the cryptocurrency is much smaller than the stock market, and the market for cryptocurrency is open 24 hours!
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:32:54 AM

If we deeply observe the valuation of bitcoin then it is not the function of a individual, it always depends on a group and as I stated in my previous posts also that the factor of valuation depends on several factors like market demand and supply and then the number of investors and the amount of capital people are investing into bitcoin, so it is not possible for an individual to alter the valuation of crypto currency but a group can alter the valuation of crypto currency by either withdrawing or depositing huge amount into crypto
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:10:23 AM

I think its almost impossible. With market cap more than $200billions dollar, its need a large money to manipulate market price. Beside that, cryptocurrency is decentralize system and no one control supply
moshk555

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:15:16 PM

It all depends on how widespread its blockchain network is if you are talking about a large network controlling it becomes increasingly difficult as for cause to control a virtual currency you need to have control over 50 or more percent of the market which is easy to achieve if the market is narrow.
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:16:09 PM

nothing impossible in crypto market can be manipulated by someone or a grup but it's not easy, it will need a big power and need very much money. as we know crypto currency are the great ways to earn money and people will do everything to get a lot of money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: