Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:46:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinLeader and Reputation Loans  (Read 682 times)
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 07:21:16 AM

After doing some research tonight, I have changed my mind about how I am going to treat reputation loans.

BitcoinLeader is correct - it is a common practice on BTCJam to make reputation loans.  Getting him negative rep and not all the others certainly doesn't make me a hypocrite, but it does make me inconsistent.   I can't possibly tag them all (nor should I) so I won't tag any.

I still personally view reputation loans as less than trustworthy, but I will no longer post negative feedback based on them alone.

Based on this, I have decided to remove my negative trust from BitcoinLeader and offer him an apology for the negative feelings.

Sorry, BitcoinLeader.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinLeader

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 07:23:45 AM

After doing some research tonight, I have changed my mind about how I am going to treat reputation loans.

BitcoinLeader is correct - it is a common practice on BTCJam to make reputation loans.  Getting him negative rep and not all the others certainly doesn't make me a hypocrite, but it does make me inconsistent.   I can't possibly tag them all (nor should I) so I won't tag any.

I still personally view reputation loans as less than trustworthy, but I will no longer post negative feedback based on them alone.

Based on this, I have decided to remove my negative trust from BitcoinLeader and offer him an apology for the negative feelings.

Sorry, BitcoinLeader.

Thank you Vod, I accept your apology. This is a very honourable action you just did.

Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 02:05:33 AM

Thank you Vod, I accept your apology. This is a very honourable action you just did.

Well, there are two ways a person can react when they find they've been given negative trust.  They can discuss the issue rationally, or they can post their own negative trust.  Either is fine with me.  But if they make up stories about me, it makes me trust them even less.  I've had users make up moderated threads so they could control the conversation, and they posted entire stories about me with little white lies here and there to discredit me.  The truth just gets lost in all the BS. But when you scam, you don't care about the truth.

You were respectful, and you stuck to the facts, and that caused me to go and review the BTCJam listings and you were right - it's a common practice.  As a result I apologized.  It's very important to me that my trust feedback is 100% correct, so I don't mislead other users.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: