Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC?  (Read 853 times)
Setzer1979 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:03:46 AM

I was looking for some mining gear and came across this site,http://virtualminingcorp.com/,It seems to me that they offer the best possible mining gear,but everything is pre-order and won't arrive until Christmas...I'm wondering,has anyone ordered from VMC?...Are you confident in your investment?...Should I spend 3 months of savings for a 256 Gh/s card that might not ever arrive?

Please help.

BTC : 19mTFMbD6QNFqWhwB1PzVfe5ZSZtj38FPy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:16:16 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 02:27:33 AM by franky1

firstly: find out what rigs they are based on. if bitfury or if avalon chips you could probably contact them to confirm, if knc,bfl.. goodluck..

purely asking on a forum for opinions, may get you 20 sock puppets of the enquired company shouting 'yea they are great'. personally i would do some deeper investigations.

secondly: imagine you have money in your hand.. dollar bills..how much would you hand to someone you have never heard of purely on a recommendation from a forum/google search.

thirdly: investigate the company thoroughly yourself. you may find others helping you out with who-is records and government company registration records, but nothing is as good as finding the info yorself just to put your mind to rest whether to trust a company with thousands of dollars worth of assets

fourthly: 3 months ago you could have earned 6BTC a day, today the 256gh would get you 1btc a day, so by the time it arrives it could be less then 0.2btc a day. so work out an acceptable ROI you would be happy with and use the calculators to work out if you will receive that amount based on predictions

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Setzer1979 (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:25:02 AM

Thank you,I was actually worried about said sock puppets after I made this thread and didn't want it turning into a trolling thread.

For me,Bitcoin is the future for my family and I,I'm stuck in a crap job,Living in a crap city..But I know about computers,And if the specs they have on their cards are legitimate,I'd be a fool to NOT invest,I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this morale dilemma.

BTC: 19mTFMbD6QNFqWhwB1PzVfe5ZSZtj38FPy
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:12:49 AM

Thank you,I was actually worried about said sock puppets after I made this thread and didn't want it turning into a trolling thread.

For me,Bitcoin is the future for my family and I,I'm stuck in a crap job,Living in a crap city..But I know about computers,And if the specs they have on their cards are legitimate,I'd be a fool to NOT invest,I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this morale dilemma.

BTC: 19mTFMbD6QNFqWhwB1PzVfe5ZSZtj38FPy

well you're not going to get rich investing in mining. not nowadays anyway.
Also, if you're keen on investing pls take a look at the multiple vmc threads in this subforum & do the numbers yourself. You seem to have missed something if you really think vmc gear is going to make you serious money
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:08:01 AM

firstly: find out what rigs they are based on. if bitfury or if avalon chips you could probably contact them to confirm, if knc,bfl.. goodluck..

purely asking on a forum for opinions, may get you 20 sock puppets of the enquired company shouting 'yea they are great'. personally i would do some deeper investigations.

secondly: imagine you have money in your hand.. dollar bills..how much would you hand to someone you have never heard of purely on a recommendation from a forum/google search.

thirdly: investigate the company thoroughly yourself. you may find others helping you out with who-is records and government company registration records, but nothing is as good as finding the info yorself just to put your mind to rest whether to trust a company with thousands of dollars worth of assets

fourthly: 3 months ago you could have earned 6BTC a day, today the 256gh would get you 1btc a day, so by the time it arrives it could be less then 0.2btc a day. so work out an acceptable ROI you would be happy with and use the calculators to work out if you will receive that amount based on predictions

Just on the first point - VMC are making their own chips.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
flasket

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:48:24 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 11:15:30 AM by flasket

I've been having a look at VMC, and I believe they are real (mostly due to the posted document from eASIC).

eASIC are definitely real, and seem to be a leader in single mask ASICs. This is basically an ASIC where an initial design is done, producing a base layout, and the masks prepared for that. When you go to them, they will design you a single mask, which is just used for metal interconnects.
You end up somewhere in between an FPGA and a full custom ASIC - It seems to come out about 2x larger than a standard cell design, with consequent penalties on clock speed & power consumption.
On the plus side, it's got much lower engineering costs, and is fast to market.

Overall, it feels like a good short term strategy, but not sure it's going to still be competitive in the medium term (against things like the Cointerra chip).
(Credit to Puppet for some of the ideas here, in a post in the newbies forum)
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:08:10 AM

I was looking for some mining gear and came across this site,http://virtualminingcorp.com/,It seems to me that they offer the best possible mining gear,but everything is pre-order and won't arrive until Christmas...I'm wondering,has anyone ordered from VMC?...Are you confident in your investment?...Should I spend 3 months of savings for a 256 Gh/s card that might not ever arrive?

Please help.

BTC : 19mTFMbD6QNFqWhwB1PzVfe5ZSZtj38FPy

3) What happens if you cannot deliver my miner by October/November as stated on your website? Will I get a refund in this case?

Yes, we will give refunds if we can not deliver on time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: