Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:05:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else have a Dwolla -> CampBx problem?  (Read 1466 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 05:56:28 AM

Last week I transferred money from Dwolla to CampBx on an almost daily basis. Each time the transfer went through almost immediately.

On Friday, Sep 21st, I sent through two transfers (sent the same amount twice because I did not see it go through) and it still has not gone through.

I put in a trouble ticket that same day and still have not heard any response.

I like CampBx but I cannot risk losing money in transferring money to them.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:34:29 AM

I did a test transfer a little while back. Worked pretty good.

I guess wait for your ticket to be resolved. Sometimes whatever applet they do hiccups, usually CampBX claims it's the Dwolla side.

Give it a day, check the Dwolla balance and see if it left. If it didn't get to CampBX, then you have a problem and need to take it up with them.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 04:53:47 AM

I did a test transfer a little while back. Worked pretty good.

I guess wait for your ticket to be resolved. Sometimes whatever applet they do hiccups, usually CampBX claims it's the Dwolla side.

Give it a day, check the Dwolla balance and see if it left. If it didn't get to CampBX, then you have a problem and need to take it up with them.

Ya, it went through on the Dwolla side. I e-mailed Dwolla and they said it went through and to take it up with "the third party site".

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
rufusBTC

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:27:29 PM

CampBX needs a phone number. So people can call and get their issue resolved right away. It makes no sense to me why they can't afford to do that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 03:27:30 AM

Almost 20 days and no resolution and no response from CampBx.

$2,000 sent from Dwolla with transaction IDs. No credit for it on CampBx.

They are ignoring any trouble ticket I send.

stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:43:09 PM

Almost 20 days and no resolution and no response from CampBx.

$2,000 sent from Dwolla with transaction IDs. No credit for it on CampBx.

They are ignoring any trouble ticket I send.

Is dwolla closing down funding to campbx ?
dnelsonfl

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:00:47 PM

Is dwolla closing down funding to campbx ?

Possibly. I just received this email from Dwolla. Notice the first two deadlines: Oct 10 and Oct 15. Talk about short notice.

Dear Dwolla Account Holder,

As you know, Dwolla does not sell, accept, mine, value, take possession of, or hold Bitcoin or any other virtual currency product, and none of Dwolla’s users transact business with Dwolla using Bitcoin or any other virtual currency product. However, recent interest involving virtual currency and its exchanges has created uncertainty and confusion around virtual currency, and Dwolla's relationship with a small number of its exchanges. This has forced Dwolla to reassign resources, funds, and services.

As Dwolla gears up for a new stage of growth, we recognize that we can no longer sustain this merchant base (.1 percent of Dwolla merchants) and its unique needs, and that attempting to do so jeopardizes both of our communities' starkly different, but similarly ambitious, vision for improving payments.

Effective October 28, 2013 at 4pm CT, Dwolla will be withdrawing its service offerings to virtual currency exchanges and virtual currency related services.

What does this mean?

Your account, and its functionality, will remain unaffected. However, you can deactivate your account from within your Dwolla dashboard, if you so choose.
    Dwolla aims to provide its users and the few affected merchants with the guidance necessary to ensure a smooth transition. To do that, we encourage users to over-communicate with our support team, report any suspicious activity, and revisit our terms of service to ensure uninterrupted services.

What is the timeline of events?

October 10: Only existing users with a 30-day history with Dwolla will be able to send funds to merchants affected by this change.
    October 15: Affected merchants will be limited to sending money only, and will no longer be able to receive funds from customers. They will be able to issue refunds to customers at this time.
    October 28: Affected merchants’ accounts will be suspended. No further activity will be provided.
    October 29: Provided no security or fraud concerns, Dwolla will transfer any of the remaining funds inside the affected merchant's Dwolla account to its linked bank account.

The decision to remove anyone from the network -- no matter the circumstances -- is not something Dwolla takes lightly. We are grateful for the opportunity to service and learn from these users. We wish the community and its pioneers the best.

Sincerely,
Dwolla Support
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 09:21:40 PM

Total bull.

TPTB are playing hardball, Chicago style.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 04:06:27 PM

It has been over 20 days and CampBx still refuses to credit the transfer.

Now with Dwolla dropping them they will probably use it as an excuse to not credit me at all.

I fear I will have to file a lawsuit and be one of many creditors scrambling to get some money when they go bankrupt.

cognoscente

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:21:13 PM

I'm in that boat.  Money left Dwolla, never credited to CampBX, no response since October 10.  No email, no phone.
hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:02:27 PM

Sorry guys, Dwolla is going down.... I am guessing Government.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 07:23:03 AM

I'm in that boat.  Money left Dwolla, never credited to CampBX, no response since October 10.  No email, no phone.

I got half sent through after sending a message to them on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/CampBX

Waiting on the second transaction.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: