Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feed Some Children by Dabs (Historical) 4,920 meals so far!  (Read 47687 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 02:59:33 AM

Bitcoin going up. Bitcoin going down. I exchange them at the best rates at the time. Donate donate! We have until the end of this month to do another 50+10 deal.

Hey, Dabs. My THRF endeavor turned into a bust, so I'll be donating my entire initial donation to that cause toward this one within the next couple days, having to wait on Rassah to get back home to preform the transfer.

https://blockchain.info/tx/15ebcb7b3b43cc98e00d7ae50867c1493cbcf10c58d208ff865b79c247d7c1aa

It's only 0.23866918 BTC, but I feel you're in best position to make sure the funds go to good use. The only two other donations are in the process of being returned.

Hope you're doing well, and enjoying the holidays there in beautiful Philippines.

~Bruno Kucinskas
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:30:23 AM

Hey Phin!

No amount is too small. (well, okay, maybe single satoshis are too small.)

I'll wait a bit, since they extended the matching program, and I forgot what their schedule is till the end of this year, seems lots of businesses are on holidays.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:45:37 AM

Cryptsy Trade Key

f9c21e6c68fd6af1c8ed2ccdfeb7ca4019b9cebf

Just in case you want to send donations in LTC or DOGE or TAG or any of the other alt-coins being traded on Cryptsy.

If you don't have an account there, you can create using my ref link:

https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=23114

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:35:12 AM

Just got this today:

Dear Business Partner,

From all of us here at Nu Skin, thank you for the astounding compassion you have shown to the survivors of the devastating supertyphoon that swept the Philippines in November of last year. Your immediate and continuous support for our VitaMeal 50+10 Program has been overwhelming—while we continue to send VitaMeal bags to the neediest parts of the world, a total of 210,000 VitaMeal bags to date, have so far been allocated specifically for supertyphoon Haiyan relief efforts. This means that over 6 million meals have reached the hardest hit areas of Eastern and Central Visayas in the Philippines, providing much-needed nourishment to the survivors in the region who are in the process of rebuilding their lives.

We encourage you to continue on being a Force for Good by sharing more blessings to the people of the Philippines. Those who would still like to participate in the VitaMeal 50+10 Matching Program may do so until the program ends on January 31, 2014. For every 50 bags of VitaMeal purchased in any of our markets in Southeast Asia Region, Nu Skin Enterprises will match with 10 bags. Distributors with a total of 50 VitaMeal bags under his own ID, or Executives who will pool a total of 50 bags from his circle group, will be recognized in the coming corporate recognition events for their contributions.

Truly our culture of giving has never been more evident during such trying times, and we would like to extend our sincerest thanks to all of you, for your unrelenting commitment to be a Force for Good throughout the world.

hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 06:46:55 PM

Dabs, what is going on with this project lately?

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:05:24 AM

Oh, will update soon. Didn't quite reach the number I wanted for 50 bags this time, so I will just buy whatever can be bought with the current balance. It's Feb already, so it's back to regular donations.

Thanks for asking. I will keep this thread open even if I only get to do this once a month or so.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:42:01 AM

Sold all coins to a buyer. This should be good for about 9 or 10 bags. I'm just waiting for the fiat, but buyer is good for it, so I already sent the coins. I will update once I get it in my bank account, then buy the bags.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:18:41 AM

Vitameal bought Mar 07 2014

wendell

Activity: 92
Merit: 20

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 07:48:28 AM

Hi Dabs,

We've recent built Spinjar, which is designed to test whether or not we can incentivize donations by entering part of each one into a lottery pot. The theory is that it may encourage higher or more frequent donations overall.

If you're interested in using it somewhere, we have already created a Spinjar address for Feed the Children:

1jarXLGpwsbZodTrhSNHzNn5NcguYefSL

hivewallet.com • humint.is • spinjar.me • vizor.io • xbalances.com • inkpad.io
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:09:35 AM

@wendell, sure thing. Anything to increase the donations.

Dear Business Partner,

Greetings!

On behalf of Nu Skin Philippines, we thank you for unselfishly supporting our Nourish the Children Initiative.

Through your generosity and participation in the VitaMeal 50+10 Matching Plan implemented from November 2013 to January 2014, over 6 million meals have been provided to alleviate hunger and provide nutrition to the survivors of supertyphoon Yolanda.

We are glad to inform you that you will be recognized at the Nu Skin Enterprises Philippines Nu Generation Success Seminar on April 12, 2014 (Saturday), during the Donors Parade in the Nourish the Children segment of the morning program. A certificate of recognition will also be given to you as a sign of your continuous commitment to our NTC Initiative. Please present this letter upon registration at the venue to claim your certificate.

Again, we appreciate your cooperation and see you in the upcoming Success Seminar!

All the best,

REN DELA CRUZ

CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER - ASSOCIATE
NU SKIN ENTERPRISES PHILS., INC.
15th Floor Octagon Center, 41 San Miguel Avenue, Pasig City 1605

Unfortunately, I can't make that event (it's tomorrow) since I have to drive my two kids to their pedia. I'll ask them if I can just pick up the certificate.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:50:19 PM

I think the idea is awesome and I have hopes that this is very succesful.  Only thing is I worry the food may not make it to the people that it need to get to.  I hope that isn't the case but I respect you doing what you can to make sure it makes it to it's rightful destination.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 06:43:08 PM

74b30416e482d422f44eb8f3a23109e58b4ef43cb22bdda7fbc43238adb22974

Smiley

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:32:44 AM

Woot! Thanks for the donations. To everyone else, you can always see it on the blockchain. I won't be updating the transaction list as much anymore, just the totals.

I now have a local exchange I can constantly rely on, unless someone wants to buy the coins directly from me at the same or better rate. (See my sig for my exchange, then click on "About".)

gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:49:27 AM

How much money actually the BTC community donated here? Is there an early adopter who donated big cash for such cause?
BR,
Gondel
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:59:45 PM

Some people donated a lot in October and November last year, and then the value shot up.

Total Received    10.09933934 BTC

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:07:53 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 01:51:37 PM by Dabs

Some bitcoins donated. All sold. Bought a bunch of meals. I have been extremely busy with other stuff, but I don't forget this. Thanks to all that donated.

1.4+ bitcoins. 22 bags. 30 meals each. 660 meals.

Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:03:46 AM

I got this email, but I'm not going to post the pics that go with it anymore, just the message.

At Nu Skin, we are greatly concerned for the victims of the recent typhoon that took place in the Philippines. The country was hit by one of the strongest storms last week. Typhoon “Ruby” (international name: Hagupit) sent heavy rains and wind destroying schools, buildings and homes that were recently reconstructed after Super typhoon Haiyan that hit the country last year. Most of the fatalities were from Eastern Samar from the central part of the Philippines.

Despite all local relief efforts, there is still an urgent need for help for the victims. Through your continuous great examples of being a force for good for others, Nu Skin would like to announce a VitaMeal 50+10 Matching Program.

With the urgent need for food and other products in the disaster areas, we would like to announce a 50+10 VitaMeal matching donation program with immediate effect until December 31, 2014. For every fifty bags (50) of VitaMeal purchased in the Philippines, Nu Skin Enterprises will match with ten (10) bags.

Distributors who will purchase a total of 50 Vitameal bags under his own ID or  Executives who will pool a total of 50 bags from his circle group will be recognized in the coming corporate recognition events for these generous contributions to the Nourish the Children relief efforts*.

We will work to have all our VitaMeal purchases in December go to the typhoon victims in the Philippines. Food is most needed so we appeal for your help to drive Vitameal sales.

Nu Skin Enterprises appreciates your concern and prayers for all the victims in these disaster-stricken areas.  We are in business to be a force for good.  We live by this commitment.

We thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Kany Soemantoro
President
Philippines and Indonesia

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:07:26 AM

Dabs, after reading through the whole thread when I first saw it over a year ago... I was very intrigued. Shortly after this became an over whelming feeling. An over whelming feeling of good and triumph. The dedication you put into this project is astounding. I have the utmost respect for you and the cause. I'm happy to see that this is still a continued effort from the community. Keep up the fantastic job and hopefully we can get a picture update for Christmas Smiley.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 04:23:52 AM

Dabs, after reading through the whole thread when I first saw it over a year ago... I was very intrigued. Shortly after this became an over whelming feeling. An over whelming feeling of good and triumph. The dedication you put into this project is astounding. I have the utmost respect for you and the cause. I'm happy to see that this is still a continued effort from the community. Keep up the fantastic job and hopefully we can get a picture update for Christmas Smiley.

I have given to Dabs before and he is one of the FEW Bitcoin charities I can give to with confidence he will get it where he says it will go. 

No funny bull shit aside. Dabs does what he says and proves it.

Shame this one doesn't get 10th of the publicity SeansOutpost gets...

Will you accept CLAMS?

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:41:50 AM

LOL @ the CLAMs. Why not? Only problem is what the value will be at the time of exchange, or if the exchange works (poloniex seems to be overwhelmed now or something.)

@peonminer, Thank you. It's a low maintenance project. I basically let the funds sleep until they get big enough to be worth exchanging. There are 3 or 4 exchanges local to me, and they all work well.

In the near future, it may be possible that I will replace this project with a different one, one where I am a more active participant. The one where I get to wear my uniform and go knee deep in flood waters or something. (Since I got married, my wife won't allow me to jump out of airplanes anymore, so this ...)

But if not, I can still do this one.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: