Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition for btc-e to add MEGACOIN [MΣC]  (Read 20420 times)
alex0909

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:45:56 PM

Yep, i agree, MEC with it's features and great DEV would benefit from BTC-E, and this would go both ways Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 10:52:06 PM

I wouldn't like to see MEC on BTC-e, but that's only because I'm not into scam coins.

This is a coin where 21 million coins are to be released over the first 5 months and then another 21 million over the next two decades.

Try getting on Gox too you cronies.

Initial investors took all of the risk. The second half of the coins will be mined after Megacoin has already proven itself and established value. I see nothing wrong with this -- you're just upset because you weren't in on it early. I'm still mining full-force and the reward is down to 75 coins/block.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:06:47 PM

I wouldn't like to see MEC on BTC-e, but that's only because I'm not into scam coins.

This is a coin where 21 million coins are to be released over the first 5 months and then another 21 million over the next two decades.

Initial investors took all of the risk. The second half of the coins will be mined after Megacoin has already proven itself and established value. I see nothing wrong with this -- you're just upset because you weren't in on it early. I'm still mining full-force and the reward is down to 75 coins/block.

He just registered 2 weeks ago so he is either very new to cryptos or a scammer with multiple accounts.  In both cases his opinion should be taken with a grain of salt..

GO MEC!
sharknutzz

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:25:54 PM

The force is strong with this coin.

Would love to see it on btc-e!

Grin
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:28:12 PM

Yep +1.

Would also add
-russian translated website in process,
but I am thinking of opening up donations for this so we can smash it out faster.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:51:41 PM

Yep +1.

Would also add
but I am thinking of opening up donations for this so we can smash it out faster.

Just curoius
Would a google translate link work for translations or is this not viable.

Grin
A L I E N
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:49:25 AM

Yep +1.

Would also add

Just curoius

I don't think it would be as accurate as you would want
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:59:02 AM

I'm not sure but I think the reason why BTC-e added novacoin and feathercoin was because they were given a lot of coins in exchange.
sharknutzz

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:17:01 AM

Try getting on Gox!?  HAH!  Do you really think that sinking ship is the mark of a successful crypto coin?  Sure, maybe a year ago.  Pay attention McFly, the titanic wouldn't even be a strong enough analogy for Gox.

I like how you've pinned miners as scammers.  I suppose people who mined BTC a few years ago and bought them up for pennies a piece were also get-rich-quick scammers?

It's all a conspiracy right?

Well, thanks for the humorous trolling and a good laugh.

Cheesy
A L I E N
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:18:57 AM

I speak out against a get-rich-quick coin and therefore I'm a scammer.

Nice try bashing MEC lol

bholzer

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 08:19:24 AM

By 'investors' you mean 'miners' and by 'risk' you mean 'electricity'.

Correct -- miners that have invested thousands of dollars into equipment and spent thousands more on electricity mining Megacoin (my power bill last month was just over $1500 USD...and I almost exclusively mined Megacoin last month.) Also, investors that have purchased Megacoins on the exchanges. I bought Bitcoins with US Dollars and used those Bitcoins to buy Megacoins. Both of these are pretty much the definition of investing -- whether directly or indirectly. If you wouldn't define this as risk, it's my opinion that you don't understand the definition. It's a lot lower risk to join the party late and start getting involved once success is certain (or virtually certain.)

The bottom line is that anybody that was there at the start in the altcoin world typically had an advantage. Over 21,000,000 Litecoins have already been mined and a huge chunk of those were mined when the difficulty was < 10. Maybe they weren't concentrated into as short of a period of time...but to people just getting into altcoins now what's the difference? Megacoin had a fair announcement and the Megacoins that have been mined are distributed among thousands of people. People are continuing to mine at a rate higher than ever despite the block-reward:difficulty ratio bouncing around all-time lows (obviously the value helps here.) I believe early investors deserve a lot of the credit for the success of a coin and help to build a strong community -- the people that come in later are a lot less involved. It's just like investing in a company -- the early investors typically get bigger percentages for less money...and as the company grows in size and valuation later investors get smaller percentages for their contributions. This is pretty typical and, in all honesty, just makes sense. The earlier you get involved, the more risk you are taking. It's also an advantage to have more coins to work with for creating products and services because a lot of the earlier investors are more motivated individuals.

Look at Bitcoins -- there was a time when you could mine a block of 50 Bitcoins in a few minutes with a single GPU. Now, It would take a decent-sized GPU farm weeks (or even months) to mine 50 bitcoins. Obviously there is new hardware out...but what's the difference? Even if Megacoins aren't as well distributed as Bitcoins are right now, they easily could be via trading, shops, services, etc. It's not all about mining.

Basically, I think your logic is a bit flawed here. There is a reason block rewards for most coins are reduced at set intervals -- it's economics. It's obviously important to keep people mining and keep the network stable...but the Megacoin reward reduction could be likened to most investments more accurately than Bitcoins. Not saying one is better than the other...but the only thing that's obviously is they are different.

Scam coins are coins where the dev just copies another currency, changes the name and a few values, and bails as soon as they can dump it on the exchange. Megacoin has an excellent developer who has turned out some pretty impressive work...and has some ambitious plans that I believe he will follow-through on. He hasn't let us down yet...and that's a rare find. This community is strong...and the value has steadily risen ever since the difficulty formula was adjusted.

I don't think there's a better investment out there...and I think it's the perfect coin to be added to the BTC-E family. They would attract a lot of new investors and Megacoin would simultaneously increase exposure and value overnight. I know I'd be trading back at BTC-E -- the traders there tend to be a lot more professional than at Cryptsy...and it's a lot closer to being a true exchange. They're restrictive over there...but I think it would breath some new life into things for them. Megacoin is truly the only reasonable candidate.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:48:37 AM

By 'investors' you mean 'miners' and by 'risk' you mean 'electricity'.

Correct -- miners that have invested thousands of dollars into equipment and spent thousands more on electricity mining Megacoin (my power bill last month was just over $1500 USD...and I almost exclusively mined Megacoin last month.) Also, investors that have purchased Megacoins on the exchanges. I bought Bitcoins with US Dollars and used those Bitcoins to buy Megacoins. Both of these are pretty much the definition of investing -- whether directly or indirectly. If you wouldn't define this as risk, it's my opinion that you don't understand the definition. It's a lot lower risk to join the party late and start getting involved once success is certain (or virtually certain.)

The bottom line is that anybody that was there at the start in the altcoin world typically had an advantage. Over 21,000,000 Litecoins have already been mined and a huge chunk of those were mined when the difficulty was < 10. Maybe they weren't concentrated into as short of a period of time...but to people just getting into altcoins now what's the difference? Megacoin had a fair announcement and the Megacoins that have been mined are distributed among thousands of people. People are continuing to mine at a rate higher than ever despite the block-reward:difficulty ratio bouncing around all-time lows (obviously the value helps here.) I believe early investors deserve a lot of the credit for the success of a coin and help to build a strong community -- the people that come in later are a lot less involved. It's just like investing in a company -- the early investors typically get bigger percentages for less money...and as the company grows in size and valuation later investors get smaller percentages for their contributions. This is pretty typical and, in all honesty, just makes sense. The earlier you get involved, the more risk you are taking. It's also an advantage to have more coins to work with for creating products and services because a lot of the earlier investors are more motivated individuals.

Look at Bitcoins -- there was a time when you could mine a block of 50 Bitcoins in a few minutes with a single GPU. Now, It would take a decent-sized GPU farm weeks (or even months) to mine 50 bitcoins. Obviously there is new hardware out...but what's the difference? Even if Megacoins aren't as well distributed as Bitcoins are right now, they easily could be via trading, shops, services, etc. It's not all about mining.

Basically, I think your logic is a bit flawed here. There is a reason block rewards for most coins are reduced at set intervals -- it's economics. It's obviously important to keep people mining and keep the network stable...but the Megacoin reward reduction could be likened to most investments more accurately than Bitcoins. Not saying one is better than the other...but the only thing that's obviously is they are different.

Scam coins are coins where the dev just copies another currency, changes the name and a few values, and bails as soon as they can dump it on the exchange. Megacoin has an excellent developer who has turned out some pretty impressive work...and has some ambitious plans that I believe he will follow-through on. He hasn't let us down yet...and that's a rare find. This community is strong...and the value has steadily risen ever since the difficulty formula was adjusted.

I don't think there's a better investment out there...and I think it's the perfect coin to be added to the BTC-E family. They would attract a lot of new investors and Megacoin would simultaneously increase exposure and value overnight. I know I'd be trading back at BTC-E -- the traders there tend to be a lot more professional than at Cryptsy...and it's a lot closer to being a true exchange. They're restrictive over there...but I think it would breath some new life into things for them. Megacoin is truly the only reasonable candidate.

Couldn't agree more. We can use tweeter to notify the BTC-E admin for this petition, or send him msg in trollbox/pm. What do you think/

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
sickboy314

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:22:58 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 06:47:47 PM by sickboy314

Don't get me wrong, I also like megacoin, but I think there are better options that should be added. For example, next in line should by Primecoin. Primecoin has it's faults like each coin, however, it is unique. I challenge anyone to honestly declare that Kimoto is a better dev than Sunny King.

MEC should get added but I think it is not next in line.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:53:49 PM

I suppose you think Litecoin was a scam too?   Geez, what a dork!
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:02:23 PM

Don't get me wrong, I also like megacoin, but I think there are better options that should be added. For example, next in line should by Primecoin. Primecoin has it's faults like each coin, however, it is unique. I challenge anyone to honestly declare that Kimoto is a better dev than Sunny King. Laughable.

Kimoto has already set the bar.  Roll Eyes Keep laughing, because you're going to need a good sense of humor.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:03:25 PM

Yep +1.

Would also add

Just curoius

PROMT is a good English/Russian translator.
sickboy314

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:48:15 PM

Don't get me wrong, I also like megacoin, but I think there are better options that should be added. For example, next in line should by Primecoin. Primecoin has it's faults like each coin, however, it is unique. I challenge anyone to honestly declare that Kimoto is a better dev than Sunny King. Laughable.

Kimoto has already set the bar.  Roll Eyes Keep laughing, because you're going to need a good sense of humor.

Ok, I will bite. Pray do tell how Kimoto has "set the bar"?
bholzer

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 05:43:17 PM

Date Registered: September 24, 2013

blarg

Activity: 170

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:02:25 PM

Kimoto Gravity Well

nuff said
sickboy314

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:35:22 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 06:48:39 PM by sickboy314

Kimoto has already set the bar.  Roll Eyes Keep laughing, because you're going to need a good sense of humor.

Kimoto Gravity Well

nuff said

The gravity well is good work, but it really was just fixing something that should not have been so bad in the first place. A good difficulty algorithm is nothing new, fyi. That "bar" was already set by others.

Again, a dev such as Sunny King has done far more so far than Kimoto and Primecoin is far more innovative. I like MEC and am interested to see what Kimoto does in the future, but lets keep things in perspective. If you are focused on innovation and a dev setting the bar for others, Sunny wins hands down in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: