Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:38:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Layer Protocol: Decentralized reputation authority for the sharing economy  (Read 1274 times)
pinprotocol (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:06:28 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 01:24:22 AM by pinprotocol

Project: Layer Protocol - Decentralized reputation authority for the global sharing economy

Token: LRX

Join the Telegram: http://t.me/layerprotocol

Whitepaper: https://docsend.com/view/esxs96z

Summary:

The Layer Protocol is a borderless reputation and incentive system that unifies sharing economy companies across the world, creating a next-generation, decentralized global authority of user behavior reputation.

Layer's first partner is Spin, the leading urban and campus smart mobility provider, with smart scooters and bikes in over cities all over North America. Spin, a venture-funded company is in over 70 markets, has served 1M+ users with 1M+ rides, in less than a year. The partnership with Spin will make Layer the most used blockchain protocol in the sharing economy, and get LRX in the hands of the masses.

Layer's ERC-20 token ("LRX") provides the economic incentive for computation of complex reputation scores (by master nodes), encourages adoption of the protocol, and drives community governance.

The Layer team has experience at Y Combinator, Lyft, Samsung, Fitbit, and Stanford. Advisors of Layer include the founders of Ink (XNK) Protocol, Origin Protocol, among others.

Problem:

In recent years, asset-sharing has become the foundation of a new generation of multi-billion dollar companies. These companies have changed the way people view the concept of ownership, and the industry as a whole is poised to hit $40 billion in revenue by 2020.  Companies that rent out assets, or run two-sided marketplaces, include Zipcar (short term car sharing), Spin, Mobike, ofo (stationless bike and mobility sharing), Airbnb, Sonder, Zeus (short term rentals), and Ankerbox (battery sharing). Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft will also evolve to become asset sharing providers as they move to effectively renting out autonomous vehicles.

Despite this paradigm shift in ownership, the sharing economy is not designed to encourage users to treat these assets as if they were truly their own. This hurts providers, platforms and users by increasing the cost of providing these assets and services, which ultimately limits the potential of asset rental businesses, and the sharing economy as a whole.

However, these existing reputation systems are either non-portable or are managed by a private entity. Currently, the most portable best measure of a consumer's responsibility is their credit score, which is revealed only in very limited circumstances and only takes into account financial considerations. Sharing economy platforms use their own internal measure of reputation to encourage positive behavior – think Uber’s and Airbnb’s five star ratings.

Solution:

The Layer Protocol is a borderless reputation and incentive system that unifies sharing economy companies across the world, creating a next-generation, decentralized global authority of user behavior reputation. Access to user behavior history, and an aggregate representation in the form of a reputation score, will be a vital influence in the relationship between asset providers and their users, in terms of assessing the risk of renting to a given user, ensuring the assets are kept in good condition, and offering better prices to users with a history of positive behavior.

Layer can be easily adopted by existing centralized platforms, DApps, or direct P2P transactions where reputation plays a role (eg. subletting an apartment on Craigslist).  With Layer, asset providers will be able to:

1. Access network-wide reputation scores of their users, akin to a credit check, which they can use to determine an appropriate level of service (e.g. charging deposits for lower reputation users) and benefits (e.g. rewards in LRX for parking a scooter responsibly);

2. Benefit from pre-built infrastructure and algorithms to store and calculate their user’s reputation scores;

3. Build their own reputation by positively serving their customers.

About:

Founder Bios:

Euwyn Poon - http://www.twitter.com/euwyn
Euwyn is entrepreneur, lawyer and software engineer who has been involved in the blockchain industry for 5 years. In 2014, he co-founded Delta, one of the first projects to offer interest-bearing Bitcoin accounts, which was backed by Y Combinator, Initialized Capital and Winklevoss Capital. He has spoken at CoinSummit London and Inside Bitcoins and has been featured on Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Forbes, Vice, CNBC and Fox Business News.

http://www.layerprotocol.com

Press:

https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-layer-protocol-lrx/
https://coindrift.io/layer-protocol-ico-review/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjAVNx9Yso

Join the Telegram: http://t.me/layerprotocol

---

Layer Protocol was formally known as the Pin Protocol - https://medium.com/layerprotocol/announcing-layer-the-new-name-of-the-pin-protocol-9d6b8056ed4b

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SeveralQ

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:27:02 PM

Hi everyone! Just added Pin Protocol ICO to my website https://concourseq.io/Q/Pin_Protocol. ConcourseQ is a collaborative due diligence community that researches and reviews ICOs. Anyone with an account can submit information to your page, so we are reaching out to this community to get you all involved in the discussion. Thanks! PS: If you have any questions about filling in the info, feel free to ask us in our discord group: https://discord.gg/j8RBAwB
krymson

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:07:26 AM

Good looking project with a strong team. Definitely one to watch.
ChemSergey

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 04:29:29 PM

Hi. Will you have a bounty program?
Letopisets

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:49:38 AM

Hi. Will you have a bounty program?

I would also happily take part in the bounty program is always a good chance to get to know the project and get your tokens for free.
PchelkaMaja95

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:21:10 AM

a great project with a great perspective. I hope it will be global and these services will be provided in different countries of the world.
angrygerl

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:36:55 AM

a great project with a great perspective. I hope it will be global and these services will be provided in different countries of the world.

the idea is simply beautiful. The main thing that the team has fulfilled its plans at this stage. I think tokens will grow very fast in price.
orchideja75

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:18:00 AM

the idea is simply beautiful. The main thing that the team has fulfilled its plans at this stage. I think tokens will grow very fast in price.

Here I agree. It's always good when the token is backed up with a real product. I think investors will appreciate it. I personally always pay attention to this.
Amaureshands

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:31:50 AM

Here I agree. It's always good when the token is backed up with a real product. I think investors will appreciate it. I personally always pay attention to this.
and if I buy tokens, then will I have the right to vote in the company? Perhaps I can receive dividends?
Arcurislahalyn

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:48:41 AM

and if I buy tokens, then will I have the right to vote in the company? Perhaps I can receive dividends?
Tokens are not shares. It works a little differently. Investors will be able to make good money on the growth of this token.
alexsmalex

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:06:53 AM

The project has a solid list of partners and support in the media. This tells me a lot and I will follow the further development. Such a coin seems to me promising.
Atimarieva

Activity: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:25:05 AM

Such a protocol will help to solve many problems in this area. If, of course, the developers fulfill all the plans. I think this is a great prospect for a long time.
hashcoin

Activity: 372
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:31:33 AM

A reputation system that allows share of economic providers to contribute and attract borrowers ratings, explain clearly how this will be done?
Avalinatharo

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:56:21 AM

A reputation system that allows share of economic providers to contribute and attract borrowers ratings, explain clearly how this will be done?

Apparently they want to build a system that will be trusted by everyone. I think this platfo should be beneficial for everyone.
snos-boss

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:11:53 PM

Well, if it's a rating system that everyone will trust, then why not. I think this is all quite feasible.
Badamainleyd

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:32:15 PM

Will they hold the airdrop? It is always a good chance to create a powerful community around the project and provide it with support.
Berthiracha

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:40:01 PM

Will they hold the airdrop? It is always a good chance to create a powerful community around the project and provide it with support.

I would also happily attended this is always a good way to get promising tokens for free. Cool
persefona

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:52:16 PM

the list of partners of the company impresses me. I think this is a really great future, as the technology of blockchain will avoid fraud in this area.
Biandrangont

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:02:40 PM

the list of partners of the company impresses me. I think this is a really great future, as the technology of blockchain will avoid fraud in this area.

Well, I'm more interested in earning money as a token holder. I would like to know the ways of earning for the holders of the tokens.
Bureatonic

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:17:57 PM

Hello! Can I pay for a token with a payment card visa? It would be very convenient for me. Or should I buy bitcoin on the exchange for payment?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: