Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 01:11:28 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best investments?  (Read 1460 times)
Kosmatos
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 101


View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:03:43 AM
 #21

I think you'd have to be retarded to play your life savings on it.  The advice any financial adviser would give you, and I think its good advice, is diversify.

Friendly retard here, chiming in: Nearly all my friends and colleagues listen to their financial advisors. Financial advisors' goals are to "preserve your capital, minimize risk". Unless you are less than 3 years from retirement, this is actually the worst strategy you can do. You need to get that money working for you, growing as fast as possible. Without risk, there's no reward. Just stagnation. And that's what's happening to my colleagues, year after year.

They make a measly 5-10% on their money, on good years, if that. Putting it in a couple of good tech stocks (I personally love great american companies that make kick-ass products or services like $AAPL) makes it double or triple every few years. And you don't care about dips or recessions because 3 years tends to clear those up. Don't day trade, that's a full time job. You need to pick a couple of stocks from companies you believe have wind in their sails and go all in on those. If you do, and you are successful, you will have made far, far more money than by investing in mutual funds or savings bonds or whatever "safe" investments. If you fail, well, you have time to recover, or just hold and let it recover. Just don't pick something like BlackBerry AFTER the iPhone was announced. You know? Keep an eye on things, disruptive things, and make a decision to switch to another stock if you have to.

The more you diversify, the less risk you have, the less results you'll have. Mix a bunch of colors together and you get brown.

Something with potential like bitcoin rarely ever comes around, let alone something solid like this. If you aren't affected by FUD and take a good hard look at how bitcoin really works, you might come to the conclusion that it is here to stay. If you do, then this is an incredible investment. You can lose your entire investment in the worst case scenario, but the sky is the limit for how big it can get if adoption increases. Remember, market cap of Bitcoin is a measly, paltry, pathetically small 1.5 Billion USD. It's like we are at the early stages of the "early adopters" phase of the Technology Adoption Lifecycle. The Chasm hasn't been crossed. Add your own famous book quote here.

Anyway, if you want to take your wealth to the next level, saving money isn't enough. You need to make moves that can potentially bring you to that next level. You have to take some risks. And man, to me, Bitcoin has so many things going for it.

Right now, I'm just a retard that invested 25% of his life's savings into Bitcoin. In a few years, I'll either be "that retard that invested 25% of his life's savings into Bitcoin and lost it, had to work extra hard to make it back", or I'll be "that retard that invested 25% of his life's savings and became a multi-millionaire, had the good life, donated millions to charity too.". I like one of those two outcomes more than the status-quo "the guy that worked hard, managed his money but took no real risks, eventually retired, average everything.".

TL;DR: Invest in Bitcoin. (Aren't you glad I didn't say "YOLO")

A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1510967488
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1510967488

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1510967488
Reply with quote  #2

1510967488
Report to moderator
1510967488
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1510967488

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1510967488
Reply with quote  #2

1510967488
Report to moderator
awesomeami
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98



View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:38:10 AM
 #22

I think you'd have to be retarded to play your life savings on it.  The advice any financial adviser would give you, and I think its good advice, is diversify.

Friendly retard here, chiming in: Nearly all my friends and colleagues listen to their financial advisors. Financial advisors' goals are to "preserve your capital, minimize risk". Unless you are less than 3 years from retirement, this is actually the worst strategy you can do. You need to get that money working for you, growing as fast as possible. Without risk, there's no reward. Just stagnation. And that's what's happening to my colleagues, year after year.

They make a measly 5-10% on their money, on good years, if that. Putting it in a couple of good tech stocks (I personally love great american companies that make kick-ass products or services like $AAPL) makes it double or triple every few years. And you don't care about dips or recessions because 3 years tends to clear those up. Don't day trade, that's a full time job. You need to pick a couple of stocks from companies you believe have wind in their sails and go all in on those. If you do, and you are successful, you will have made far, far more money than by investing in mutual funds or savings bonds or whatever "safe" investments. If you fail, well, you have time to recover, or just hold and let it recover. Just don't pick something like BlackBerry AFTER the iPhone was announced. You know? Keep an eye on things, disruptive things, and make a decision to switch to another stock if you have to.

The more you diversify, the less risk you have, the less results you'll have. Mix a bunch of colors together and you get brown.

Something with potential like bitcoin rarely ever comes around, let alone something solid like this. If you aren't affected by FUD and take a good hard look at how bitcoin really works, you might come to the conclusion that it is here to stay. If you do, then this is an incredible investment. You can lose your entire investment in the worst case scenario, but the sky is the limit for how big it can get if adoption increases. Remember, market cap of Bitcoin is a measly, paltry, pathetically small 1.5 Billion USD. It's like we are at the early stages of the "early adopters" phase of the Technology Adoption Lifecycle. The Chasm hasn't been crossed. Add your own famous book quote here.

Anyway, if you want to take your wealth to the next level, saving money isn't enough. You need to make moves that can potentially bring you to that next level. You have to take some risks. And man, to me, Bitcoin has so many things going for it.

Right now, I'm just a retard that invested 25% of his life's savings into Bitcoin. In a few years, I'll either be "that retard that invested 25% of his life's savings into Bitcoin and lost it, had to work extra hard to make it back", or I'll be "that retard that invested 25% of his life's savings and became a multi-millionaire, had the good life, donated millions to charity too.". I like one of those two outcomes more than the status-quo "the guy that worked hard, managed his money but took no real risks, eventually retired, average everything.".

TL;DR: Invest in Bitcoin. (Aren't you glad I didn't say "YOLO")


1+  Wink

UR "no post" user as i am. But one of best i red ever on this forum since April - and I am reading few hours daily.
I totally agree with you on "average joe".
Lets' say it is 40% chance to 1BTC=$10K in 15 years + 40% chance to 1BTC=$100K in 5 years + 20% chance to 1BTC=$0.00 in 1 year - i think it is "retarded" to not invest 10-50% of life savings into it.

nahtnam
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1078


nahtnam.com


View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 05:09:41 AM
 #23

Ripple goes open source in like 2 days, might be an opportunity there for a short term buy then sell.  A lot of people think its a scam though, but I think putting a few dollars into it then selling might be wise.

Also, holding BTC seems to be a great investment also, long term. 

I am not a financial advisor though, so take it with a grain of salt


What?!? Ripple will be open source now???

E.exchanger
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 560


NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM ME FOR HELP!


View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:57:28 AM
 #24

I wonder is there any real hyip website who's actually paying out to the investors. Most of them are scams though.
Bitventurer
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 348


View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:46:53 AM
 #25

bee & neo , might be a good one  ,  but who knows , i've invested in 1000shares  Cool

XBT
marcotheminer
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1232



View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:11:54 AM
 #26

Short term - Gamble it all away or in...

Long Term - Buy a few bitcoins (10+ or 100+ if you can) and WAIT  Smiley
bitcoin44me
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 238


View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:20:27 AM
 #27

Buy bitcoins.
Wait.
Sell them at a higher price.

Profit

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading.
Get paid weekly for your signature.
icem3lter
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 286


View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:25:40 AM
 #28

Buy bitcoins.
Wait.
Sell them at a higher price.

Profit

Long Term - Buy a few bitcoins (10+ or 100+ if you can) and WAIT  Smiley


When you wait long enought, Bitcoin will have 0 value though...


Kosmatos
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 101


View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:08:52 PM
 #29

Quote
When you wait long enought, Bitcoin will have 0 value though...

How do you figure that?
Anon135246
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 84


View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:13:37 PM
 #30

How much do you guys think 1 bitcoin will be worth this time next year?
Beymond
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 462



View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:36:06 PM
 #31

invest on just dice !
Kosmatos
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 101


View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:15:30 PM
 #32

How much do you guys think 1 bitcoin will be worth this time next year?

Since January 2013, every month on average bitcoin's value (in $USD) has gone up 32%. If you look at the charts, one of the following two events is likely to happen: either Bitcoin reaches $285 USD mid-December 2013, or $650 USD mid-May 2014.

This time next year, well, I wouldn't be surprised to see it at $1000. But nor would I be surprised to see it only at $200.

Have a good one,

Odi
vervolioman
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 493



View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:48:34 PM
 #33

My guess is $175+ by January of 2014. When is the next block halving?

In about 3 years mate. Good luck  Smiley

What use is a signature?
mekanical
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 43


View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:11:58 PM
 #34

There will be many ways to earn interest on your held bitcoins in the future.  There are ways now even.  Thus bitcoin presents the best "alpha", or risk/reward ratio.
patino11
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 21


View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:14:38 PM
 #35

Holding BTC is a great investment, long term.
alpha492
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 195


View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:14:37 PM
 #36


1+  Wink

UR "no post" user as i am. But one of best i red ever on this forum since April - and I am reading few hours daily.
I totally agree with you on "average joe".
Lets' say it is 40% chance to 1BTC=$10K in 15 years + 40% chance to 1BTC=$100K in 5 years + 20% chance to 1BTC=$0.00 in 1 year - i think it is "retarded" to not invest 10-50% of life savings into it.

[/quote]


If bitcoin is worth 10k in 15 years then it won't take your life savings to get rich.  I think that 40% chance is a bit optimistic since btc, and mtgox have already proven they are more then capable of a flashcrash.  In addition, governments around the world already have their greedy little eyeballs fixed on bitcoin, which is a problem because a large factor of bitcoins appeal so far has been its lack of regulation and un-traced p2p transfers.  My guess is if the government does ever start diddling around with btc its gonna result in a mass migration to a different cryptocurrency which will result in a massive decline in the value of btc. 

So if 1btc manages to be worth 10 or 100 k in (x) years you'll only need a few btc to make a massive profit.  If its worth <1 USD in (x) years your screwed if you put your life savings in.  So why put all your eggs in one basket when by your own estimation there is a massive benefit to modest investment and a huge risk involved in full investment.   

awesomeami
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98



View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:59:00 PM
 #37


If bitcoin is worth 10k in 15 years then it won't take your life savings to get rich.  I think that 40% chance is a bit optimistic since btc, and mtgox have already proven they are more then capable of a flashcrash.  In addition, governments around the world already have their greedy little eyeballs fixed on bitcoin, which is a problem because a large factor of bitcoins appeal so far has been its lack of regulation and un-traced p2p transfers.  My guess is if the government does ever start diddling around with btc its gonna result in a mass migration to a different cryptocurrency which will result in a massive decline in the value of btc.  

So if 1btc manages to be worth 10 or 100 k in (x) years you'll only need a few btc to make a massive profit.  If its worth <1 USD in (x) years your screwed if you put your life savings in.  So why put all your eggs in one basket when by your own estimation there is a massive benefit to modest investment and a huge risk involved in full investment.  

Thank you - I fully agree.
50% of livesavings is to much - I agree.
But 10% seems OK for ppl with 100%=$10K to $1mil
Every1 can lost 10% if has high chance to get awesomely rich Smiley
And ... most important ... is that let's say @ 1BTC=$300-700 they can sell 20-50% of BTC and they already made some money.
So they have 110-150% of life savings ++ 10-1000 BTC ... and they can sell every +100% value 10% of their bitcoins.
So they help make it stable value and earn some profit.
So their risk is only for a time while BTC is less than 200-700 which is few years.
There is 10% risk for "only" 1-5 years of 10% LS  comparing to possibility get millions or bilions (if they put in 10% of $10mil).
Or another words if you have 5% chance to get 10.000x investment in 10 years ++ 20% chance to get 100x investment in 20 years - why to "play that casino" with some money u can lose.
And millions of ppl just in US can survive to lost $10-500K ++ "every1" (20% of population) few bucks.
Other poor people (feel sry for them - 1/3 of planet are "always hungry") will benefit not from rising value of bitcoin - but @ least from fair-ness of bitcoin monetary system.

hoewer4what
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 173


View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:06:54 PM
 #38

My guess is if the government does ever start diddling around with btc its gonna result in a mass migration to a different cryptocurrency which will result in a massive decline in the value of btc. 

I dont agree. If BTC will be banned, no need to migrate because any succesfull cryptocurrency will be banned later as well.

most-wanted
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 36


View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:04:46 PM
 #39

What about group buying a 2 TH miner?
neordicICE
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 518


View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:09:35 PM
 #40

What about group buying a 2 TH miner?

You can preorder it yourselves today, the question is how much 2 TH miner will mine BTC/day when you finally receive it... and how long  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!