Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:18:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ColossusCoin pool STRATUM only  (Read 4626 times)
swiftshoot

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:25:54 AM

I see the payout in the database.

swiftshoot    2013-09-19 05:43:19    Debit_AP zYAxqRE2buqu3ESmGL7SHcrAbxppkydyK   25,011,850.48900002

Sorry, but I cant get those coins back to you, as they left the wallet during the fork. That transaction will never be confirmed. You lost those coins. Sad Check official COL thread, there are cases like this with billions. I also lost coins 3 times from the pool wallet, and I couldnt do anything about that.  Undecided

Yes I understand the Withdrawal is gone... However, some of the COIN before the Forked block can be recovered.  Could you at least try to recover those for me please?  I know it would not be the full amount.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
swiftshoot

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:07:37 AM

Suggestion for the pool if this does happens in the future:

- Add a script to MySQL if it detects that the Coin has forked (If New Block < Previous Block) Set the site automatically and immediately into Maintenance Mode and stop the stratum server.
- Have All forked blocks moved out into a forked table.  Display the forked tables in a separate table so that people can see what was lost.
- Any withdrawals that occurred during the fork, all pre-forked coins need to be returned to the users.  Need to find the Forked block #, check the failed withdrawal to see which blocks were paid out up to the previous payout.  Set those failed paid out coins back to nonpaid mode so that users can withdraw them again.

The coin may have faulted but the Pool Server should ADAPT to the problem.  This is like the Gas Peddle being stuck open.  It should never happen but after 2-300 cases of gas peddle being stuck needs attention.  A redesign is needed.  The coin Creator did his...  but the Pool software also needs its fixes too.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
torzsy (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:23:43 AM

Suggestion for the pool if this does happens in the future:

- Add a script to MySQL if it detects that the Coin has forked (If New Block < Previous Block) Set the site automatically and immediately into Maintenance Mode and stop the stratum server.
- Have All forked blocks moved out into a forked table.  Display the forked tables in a separate table so that people can see what was lost.
- Any withdrawals that occurred during the fork, all pre-forked coins need to be returned to the users.  Need to find the Forked block #, check the failed withdrawal to see which blocks were paid out up to the previous payout.  Set those failed paid out coins back to nonpaid mode so that users can withdraw them again.

The coin may have faulted but the Pool Server should ADAPT to the problem.  This is like the Gas Peddle being stuck open.  It should never happen but after 2-300 cases of gas peddle being stuck needs attention.  A redesign is needed.  The coin Creator did his...  but the Pool software also needs its fixes too.

Thank you for this description. But Im a pool operator, not a dev. I do this for the community, and for fun. I dont have time and energy to do this. I will enable LP and disable Stratum as a last chance. If its not working, Im out of business for these pools.

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:46:19 AM

youre going about it the wrong way. you should record the list of all transactions ntil the forked block and delete everything from the tx table after that block. you should also rescan the wallet that way any coins until the fork are recovered. yes i know what im talking about im the crypto-expert pool OP and had the same problem when GME Forked

torzsy (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:02:56 AM

youre going about it the wrong way. you should record the list of all transactions ntil the forked block and delete everything from the tx table after that block. you should also rescan the wallet that way any coins until the fork are recovered. yes i know what im talking about im the crypto-expert pool OP and had the same problem when GME Forked

Im not saying i dont know how to solve this, I just simply dont want to do it 3 times a week. Until COL issues are solved, I wont waste more time on this.

Thanks for your advice!

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:58:18 AM

that would be like 5 mins of time wasted... restart the wallet with the rescan option and delete a list of tx's from the db....

torzsy (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:10:36 AM

that would be like 5 mins of time wasted... restart the wallet with the rescan option and delete a list of tx's from the db....

Yes, you are right. Im just angry because I wake up and see orphanfest - again, again and again.  Undecided
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:19:01 AM

hmm, cant argue with that. i felt the same when i ran pps on the gamecoin pool.

torzsy (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:58:35 AM

hmm, cant argue with that. i felt the same when i ran pps on the gamecoin pool.

I calmed down, so I will solve this - again.  Grin

Have a nice day! Smiley

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:46:12 PM

you too, enjoy! i will try and open a pool as to spread the hashrate and reduce the forking

mojosplurr

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:01:26 AM

Pool is down
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: