Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:20:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago.  (Read 1261 times)
jaredboice (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:34:36 PM

"The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago. Please try again later."

I get errors like this and also errors that say I'm "searching too fast" when it has been hours or days since my last post and/or hours and/or days since my last search.

what gives with this?  So annoying not to be able to communicate
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:38:41 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

read the FAQ

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
crystalsum

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:40:34 PM

It's your newbie status you have that time limit until you have sufficient activity or buy an account from someone.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SILVERWALLETS.COM ≡ A New Kind of Physical Storage For Your BTCitcoin
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:59:04 PM

"The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago. Please try again later."

I get errors like this and also errors that say I'm "searching too fast" when it has been hours or days since my last post and/or hours and/or days since my last search.

logging in counts as posting.

try waiting a few minutes after logging in before posting.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:03:58 PM

It's your newbie status you have that time limit until you have sufficient activity or buy an account from someone.

Yeah, this is something that you will just have to put up with for awhile.   Just browse around and read and learn as much as you can in the meantime.   When I initially joined, newbies couldn't even post in the normal threads, we were limited to the Newbie section.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 03:10:01 AM

It's the very annoying feature that blocks us newbies and spammers from overloading the forum. It'll decrease once you hit 15 activity.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:36:49 AM

It's the very annoying feature that blocks us newbies and spammers from overloading the forum. It'll decrease once you hit 15 activity.

The waiting period is better than only being able to participate in a newbie section. When i first joined, I couldnr figure out why I couldnt post because I couldnt find the rule. I thought i was doing smething wrong because I could never find the "reply" spot at the bottom. Lol
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:56:52 PM

it is because you are newbie
you have to wait until activity is 16
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:58:07 PM

It's a nice way to prevent newbies from spamming all around the forum, this method should be adopted also by other wesites.
This limit is really useful even if it can be easily bypassed.
DDuckworth

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 09:44:57 PM

My only problem with this limit is that it actually erased the entire post that I wrote - it was very long and I can't believe there isn't code to save what the person wrote until they can post again.

BabesForBitcoin.com - Custom pics & vids from real girls for cash or bitcoin!
C.Steven

Activity: 633

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:48:59 AM

My only problem with this limit is that it actually erased the entire post that I wrote - it was very long and I can't believe there isn't code to save what the person wrote until they can post again.

You posts are saved in the drafts page (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=drafts) automatically.

brendanjhwu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:44:24 PM

This is just a limitation to avoid spam. It should mitigate after ranking up.
DDuckworth

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 10:34:41 AM

You posts are saved in the drafts page (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=drafts) automatically.

Thank you SO much! I would have said thank you sooner, but I had to go post my lost post and you know the whole 360 thing haha.

BabesForBitcoin.com - Custom pics & vids from real girls for cash or bitcoin!
msadikot53

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:42:58 AM

As a newbie, I am getting this error too. I think you have to wait for sometime after logging into the account before you post anything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: