Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:21:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for someone that can open accounts in a local bank?  (Read 954 times)
h0lybyte (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:52:13 PM

Hey guys! I am interested in someone that can open accounts in a local bank (possibly open multiple accounts) and to go as far as manage them! There is a lot more to this, but I rather keep it simple and explain the whole concept through email / PM.
Ideally, there can be a lot of money being made here, if we do everything properly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:47:35 AM

Hey guys! I am interested in someone that can open accounts in a local bank (possibly open multiple accounts) and to go as far as manage them! There is a lot more to this, but I rather keep it simple and explain the whole concept through email / PM.
Ideally, there can be a lot of money being made here, if we do everything properly.

You need PAN card to open accounts (more like SSN). Why can't you do this yourself.?
If you are not a Indian resident, then you need to come up with a Joint Venture with a Indian resident but then you will have to setup LLP and open a current / business account.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
maula

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:47:11 AM

You need PAN card to open accounts (more like SSN). Why can't you do this yourself.?
If you are not a Indian resident, then you need to come up with a Joint Venture with a Indian resident but then you will have to setup LLP and open a current / business account.
i thinks he is intended to get it illegally for blackhat or something similar.
correct me if i am wrong.
h0lybyte (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:37:54 AM

I am from the US and I was hoping to make a open a couple saving accounts! I heard the interest rate is somewhere around 7-10%? I would love to add that into my investment portfolio. I figured it be easier to transfer from USD to RU by using bitcoins as the medium.
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 01:42:41 PM

I am from the US and I was hoping to make a open a couple saving accounts! I heard the interest rate is somewhere around 7-10%? I would love to add that into my investment portfolio. I figured it be easier to transfer from USD to RU INR by using bitcoins as the medium.

Thank you for that clarification. Am an Indian living in USA and i have come across this question a number of times from my american friends and colleagues, so let me pitch in. They comeup to me with an idea of taking a personal loan here in USA (which you get at a nominal interest rate of ~ 3 - 6%) and then keep it as deposit in India at 9% earning an income of ~3 - 5% which is completely legit and many people do that.

Yes you are correct. The interest rates offered by Indian banks to deposits are at the rate of 8 - 9% depending upon the bank. These banks are either owned by Govt / regulated by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) (Hence protection to your principle is similar to FDIC insured in USA.)
RBI is the governing body something similar to FDIC and Federal Reserve in USA.

However, the catch is that you need to be an Indian citizen to open any bank account and the interest earned on your principle is taxable in India.
RBI is strict in regulation and it is quite difficult to get around that.

If you are looking for heavy investments, some of the other ways that i have seen people do is (but am not sure how it works)

1) They visit India on Business / Work visa, open Foreign Currency account and make deposits.
2) Partner with an Indian citizen or an Indian investment company who will manage your portfolio on your behalf.
3) Reachout to global banks like Citibank and HSBC to check if they can offer something for you as they have presence in India as well. I have even heard that citibank provides you with IRS Form-1099 for the interest earned in India so that you can file taxes here in USA. (Yes. US and India have an active tax treaty).
4) Apply for Dual citizenship (US and India)
5) Or finally Marry an Indian. Tongue

Hope this helps.!

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: