Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: better invest and hold Bitcoin or Altcoin?  (Read 159 times)
kevinzxz (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:42:03 AM

I am very confused with the current market, because when the price of Bitcoin down most Altcoin prices go down too, but when the price of Bitcoin increases only a few Altcoin that increases the price, but some are actually declining because the price of Bitcoin increases, so what affects the price Altcoin? and better invest in Bitcoin or Altcoin? please make your opinion and the reason.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 11:49:56 AM

They say, it is not wise to keep all the eggs in the same basket. You can say the same about investments.
If you want to be a holder, I would suggest to divide your portfolio into many parts and buy more than 2 or 3 good coins and keep them safe in your off-line wallet.
If you intent to be a day trader i think you can buy more, in order to get advantage of the volatility of their price.
It is not an easy task and soon you'll find out that not all people can to be traders.
mak lessoh

Activity: 181
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:54:10 AM

I am very confused with the current market, because when the price of Bitcoin down most Altcoin prices go down too, but when the price of Bitcoin increases only a few Altcoin that increases the price, but some are actually declining because the price of Bitcoin increases, so what affects the price Altcoin? and better invest in Bitcoin or Altcoin? please make your opinion and the reason.
I never hold altcoin for fear of losing, I do trading on altcoin just for income, I personally invest in bitcoin and hold it until now
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:06:00 PM

Instead of being confused, I suggest you to just divide your investment in bitcoin and altcoin.   It is normal in cryptoworld when bitcoin value decreases, some altcoin also decreases its value.  This is because all other atcoin is based on bitcoin.  It is just a domino effect.  The good thing about dividing your crypto is when you lose the latter, you still have a backup so you will not became empty handed.  More variety of coins possession, more chances of earning and less chance of suffer losses.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:11:07 PM

It cannot or should not be an either/or situation. Like someone mentioned earlier you have to portion out your investments. Bitcoin is a great long term coin, as for altcoins, do your research and invest wisely, dont just limit yourself to bitcoin just because you find it determining or affecting resultant prices.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 12:20:46 PM

When bitcoin makes a rapid movement whether it's up or down, altcoins are always affected. When bitcoin goes down, it is expected that altcoins would go down as well because people would want to secure their funds by selling their coins. If ever it goes up rapidly, some people would want to take advantage of the price of bitcoin because it has more volume so it cannot easily crash that's why they would buy more bitcoin and they would sell their altcoins in exchange of bitcoin. Altcoins shine when bitcoin is moving sideways. It would be better to invest both in altcoins and bitcoin and trade it. Just always practice trading until such time you will know where you are good at and you can eventually manage your emotions.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
hamdun

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:21:37 PM

Better to invest in bitcoin, because stronger bitcoin and risk of bitcoin failure is very small. And for altcoin, if you want to invest better choose a strong altcoin, because it is more likely to benefit and less risk of failure.
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:24:41 PM

I prefer buy a lot of different altcoins and hold them long time. For this i choose the best coins from top, because they give me sure profit
barsharkol12

Activity: 197

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:26:32 PM

the better to do is invest and hold both btc and altcoins. BTC and altcoins is somewhat like neighbors if the btc decrease other altcoins decrease also(vice versa).

why hold invest in both?
It is good to invest in both BTC and altcoins it because there are many chances that you can gain more and lose only few. with this strategy you can also manage your losses but in return you can earn alot. in holding, Patience and taking risk is needed in this situation dont be to emotional when your altcoins drooped its price, it can result to panic selling it is normal in the market. and also make a range on what desired value you want for your coins.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:28:48 PM

Investing in bitcoin is risky and investing in altcoin is x2 risky. If you cannot afford the money you will lose do not enter to crypto investing.
As Vitalik said crypto investing is really risky.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
WebTera

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:30:11 PM

It is better to keep 50% of the Deposit in bitcoin, and the remaining 50% to buy 5-10 altcoins. Thus, the Deposit will always remain in place.
maxim4eg123

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:37:35 PM

invest wisely. hold 60% to buy bitcoin. and 40% buy altcoin and keep them. That is the safest way of investing
duchaitp

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:43:21 PM

My plan is 30% BTC, 40% ETH and 30% altcoin. In the future I will reduce the altcoin ratio and increase the ETH rate. I believe in ETH rather than altcoin.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:36:06 PM

Do not just look at the price of alts in CMC because most of them are based on bitcoin USD value. So if bitcoin value increase, even when the value of alt in satoshi remains, USD value will still increase. It becomes confusing. It is better if you check individual price of alts.

I think it is still best to invest in bitcoin, but it is never a mistake to put some money on promising tokens or altcoins. It is faster to get profits on alts because the price is still low. But I feel more secure if my money is on bitcoin. So, you balance risk and profit by yourself.
newegggo

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:44:18 PM

I also noticed that, which is quite different from weeks before.
The result is that bitcoin is having more dominance now.
I'd switch bitcoin into altcoins gradually if the dominance gets higher.

shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:54:38 PM

I also noticed that, which is quite different from weeks before.
The result is that bitcoin is having more dominance now.
I'd switch bitcoin into altcoins gradually if the dominance gets higher.

You have a good decision dude to switch your bitcoin to altcoin because right now the market are in red line and bitcoin are not fully recover until now so meaning its better to buy a good altcoin and hold until you get a good ptofit, 40% for bitcoin and the other 60% for some good altcoin.
Tomisback

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:00:24 PM

You will be best of holding new technologies like the amazing Alvalor Project. As this is what will ultimately be the leading market contenders.
SGToken

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:00:49 PM

For long term and lower risk, BTC is always the best choice. Just buy and HODL, you will out-perform most of traders.
Tomisback

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:22:00 PM

For long term and lower risk, BTC is always the best choice. Just buy and HODL, you will out-perform most of traders.

That's not true at all actually. There is nothing speaking against projects like Alvalor one day surpassing BTC because they are much more efficient at implementing the blockchain then anything out here currently. Heck even Nano can't compare.
globalking
Copper Member

Activity: 644

POINTPAY

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 02:27:11 PM

my advice is to keep on both bitcoin and some top altcoin that would be great for you in coming years this will make you in a nice position

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ROUND 1 LIVE   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: