Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTCJam trustworthy?  (Read 2881 times)
nomtka (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:17:51 PM

Hey Guys,

Since I am new here with no reputation, I would like to try out btcjam in order to prove that I am trustworthy.

However, first I would like to make sure that the site is not a scam. I really don't wanna be scammed.

So does anybody has an experience with that site?

Thank you,
nomtka

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:03:57 PM

If you're borrowing, it's fine. If you're lending, you're going to get scammed.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
nomtka (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:27:03 PM

So the website does not provide any aid against the scammers? Then how do they ensure safety?
saif313

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:29:51 PM

some things you have to manage by yourself not all services provided by the site

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 05:06:50 PM

So the website does not provide any aid against the scammers? Then how do they ensure safety?

They don't ensure safety.  All they do is collect and verify personal information so one person cannot scam twice.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 10:28:54 PM

They allow you to use net-arb, in which you must pay the $300 USD fee, plus I heard they don't even release any of the user's personal info.
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 08:56:07 AM

hi.  i think btcjam provides net-arb for free.  in fact, i got plenty of email from net-arb, together with their findings and the corresponding award and the borrower's information.  now, after this, what's next?  who will collect the coins from the runaway borrower?
AlexC

Activity: 118

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:55:39 AM

hi.  i think btcjam provides net-arb for free.  in fact, i got plenty of email from net-arb, together with their findings and the corresponding award and the borrower's information.  now, after this, what's next?  who will collect the coins from the runaway borrower?

There is a outstanding question about this in this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244638.0.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 10:04:57 PM

Well, other users told me that it had a huge fee, but I've never used a net-arb, so I have no idea. :/
BitcoinLeader

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 11:11:51 PM

Well, other users told me that it had a huge fee, but I've never used a net-arb, so I have no idea. :/

Are you telling me they actually make money off defaulting users at the cost of investors?  That doesn't sound right to me.

I'm quite concerned they haven't answered the question in that thread.

However, I have quite positive experiences as a borrower and as an investor.
If you have all verifications and an A+ rating like me it's quite easy to get your loans completely funded within 2 days. If you're willing to spend an interest rate of minimim 7-10 % per month for loans > 1 BTC.

As an investor I advice only to invest small amounts up to 0.10 to people who already repaid previous loans. Higher investments would be in people with A+ to B credit rating. Always look at people's loan history. Only invest if they have repaid a loan in similar range before.

This does not guarantee you of a 100% risk free investment but those are good tips for a starter.

Also don't only ask for loans but invest too. Even if it's just O.OO1 BTC. People will return the favor and follow you to be the first in your next loan. You get what you give.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:23:29 AM

Are you telling me they actually make money off defaulting users at the cost of investors?

They do charge the fee even if borrowers default but that's hardly noteworthy.
BitcoinLeader

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 10:31:23 AM

Are you telling me they actually make money off defaulting users at the cost of investors?

They do charge the fee even if borrowers default but that's hardly noteworthy.

They should charge it at the expense of the defaulter. If they are sure they can claim it back. A no cure no pay would also be a good method for investors. Defaulters should eat all the fees.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: