Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Signature campaigns. I need theymos to see this.  (Read 996 times)
amir.malik

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:41:46 AM

Rather than banning, they should simply be moderated/regulated. It should be 1 post/day max since that's = 1 activity. Then, if sig camp posts get merit, there should be bonus. It seems useless to post more than once a day but there are days when someone probably is "in the mood" and has a lot of great ideas, just like writers, so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:41:54 PM

I'm with the op, ban the stupid things, they suck. They're annoying, and I hate them. They generate mondo stupidity. I feel bad for people that need money but enough is enough already. They're making money by annoying the crap out of me. And when I see a thread by a sig banner poster, my first thought is "sig campaign bait". It's like all the fud btc "news" stories on the interwebz, just there as clickbait. Get rid of them. 
belyaevi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:47:41 PM

Rather than banning, they should simply be moderated/regulated. It should be 1 post/day max since that's = 1 activity. Then, if sig camp posts get merit, there should be bonus. It seems useless to post more than once a day but there are days when someone probably is "in the mood" and has a lot of great ideas, just like writers, so.

If you observe the services section a lot of changes are already taking place:

1) There are additional payments for members with merits. I think this is really a nice initiative taken by campaign managers and will ensure that only quality members are being chosen.

2) We cannot enforce strict requirements like only members with merits can participate simple because this system is quite new. Many members are getting used to it and thus it is not right to deprive them of opportunities completely.

3) I do not agree to making limits like 1 post a day. some members might be able to give tie here only on weekends because of their jobs or other works.
The Demon Slick

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:24:54 AM

A helpful poster on another thread explained to me that you can choose not to see the annoying campaign sigs by clicking a box in your user profile. I hadn't realized that. Works great.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 02:47:50 PM

A helpful poster on another thread explained to me that you can choose not to see the annoying campaign sigs by clicking a box in your user profile. I hadn't realized that. Works great.
But still, you will see tons of shitposts made by bounty campaign participants, so it's not a solution. Not annoying signatures are the problem, but the content of posts of signature and bounty campaign participants. Offcourse, you can manually put on ignore every shitposter, but it's time consuming and not very effective procedure I think. Shortly, this is why Merit system was introduced and we will see how situation will change after few months or maybe more.

The Demon Slick

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:27:24 PM

But still, you will see tons of shitposts made by bounty campaign participants, so it's not a solution. Not annoying signatures are the problem, but the content of posts of signature and bounty campaign participants. Offcourse, you can manually put on ignore every shitposter, but it's time consuming and not very effective procedure I think. Shortly, this is why Merit system was introduced and we will see how situation will change after few months or maybe more.

You're right of course, the real problem is all the posters doing "Will btc rise toxxx" type threads just for sig clicks. It's just another hustle. I worry that the merits will be another one. Already I have been accused of starting a thread to earn merit. And there's the larger problem in a nutshell,  too many hustlers. So many people are trying to hustle everybody else. That makes everyone suspicious. It's like walking down a street filled with people doing 3 card Monty and the shell game, hustling the tourists for singles. Throw in a couple of people selling watches.
sitnikov

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:32:33 PM

I am not in favor of such options. Just think of a situation where all members start using that option. What exposure will those campaigns get even after paying the members for it ? It is true that this forum must also be getting a lot of organic traffic but still the registered members here might be more interested in products and services related to bitcoins. Thus, if those signature campaigns are paying for getting more traffic and sales to their website, they should be compensated for it to the fullest.

⚫  ContractNet.com  ⚫
At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS
████████████ [ JOIN ICO ● 10th MARCH ] ████████████
The Demon Slick

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:56:07 PM

I could care less if Sig campaigns fail and die. In fact I prefer it.
laimaro

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:03:41 PM
Merited by shushanika (1)

Here is what will happen if you add rewards directly for merits. Suppose there is reward of $2 worth bitcoins for one merit received. Members will start buying merits for $1 each then and pay it from the bonus. It will also affect the merit system on the whole as those members may rank up after accumulating merits in this manner. Most of the signature campaigns have criteria that only eligible posts will be paid. Campaign managers go through the posts before paying and thus those posts are not a problem for this forum.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:01:03 PM

Agreed that signature campaigns are causing people to spam and shit post but that doesn't mean signature campaigns are stopped all of a sudden. they aren't just for paying the members here, the signature campaign of the respective ICO's are to advertise about their ICO's and I guess that would cause a drop in their marketing and advertisements which are spreading their words. To help stop spam merit system was introduced and it is quite a good idea but still may people bragging about it.
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:27:01 PM

Removing signature campaigns in this forum was already discussed and theymos does take a stand from it and he don't want to remove signature ads for now if the merit system doesn't work he will remove signature ads globally that's why he implemented the merit system to make users to make their posts constructively not just 1 liner posts abd all i can say is there is an improvement since more users were posting constructively than before especially to new users like me although there are still a lot spamming going to bitcoin discussion boards
shushanika

Activity: 102
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:14:10 AM

Removing signature campaigns in this forum was already discussed and theymos does take a stand from it and he don't want to remove signature ads for now if the merit system doesn't work he will remove signature ads globally that's why he implemented the merit system to make users to make their posts constructively not just 1 liner posts abd all i can say is there is an improvement since more users were posting constructively than before especially to new users like me although there are still a lot spamming going to bitcoin discussion boards

I agree to you but only to some extent. Regarding the post quality improved, it is true particularly in meta section. I have seen some incredible threads and replies in meta section after the merit system. I think members have realized that this is one of the most popular or visited sections in bitcointalk.

In other sections like bitcoin discussion, we can still see new members making senseless posts in old threads (one with 2000 replies or above) just to increase activity.
AltheaHeart14

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:27:40 PM

Removing of signature campaign is not a good idea, specially not all bitcoin user was nonsense. Signature campaign really helps a lot, reply on a forum may be a basis of investment specially for the new investor.

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: