Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:57:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoAudio - listen to cryptocurrency related news!  (Read 204 times)
francescomalatesta (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 03:52:10 PM
Merited by xdrpx (5)

Hi everyone Smiley

A month ago I published an project I am working on. It's called CryptoAudio (https://cryptoaud.io) and it's a news aggregator that automatically creates news summaries from many different sources (Cointelegraph, Coindesk, TheMerkle right now). It then converts these summaries into audio files using a cool text-to-speech technology, so you can listen to them.

I use it every morning to listen to the latest news when going to work Smiley In its first month, CryptoAudio already counts more than 4000 plays. You can use it also on mobile and you can filter news by specific cryptocurrency. Right now only BTC, ETH, LTC and XRP are supported. More to add soon Smiley

I wanted to share it here to let you know about it and to understand what I can improve to make it better. Right now I am working to find a better voice in terms of comprehensibility.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:19:30 PM

Nice site! overall I'm pleased to listen to cryptocurrency articles. I've been a fan of audiobooks and I've added cryptoaudio to my bookmarks. I've had a couple of UI / UX suggestions pertaining to the player:

1) Would it be possible to display a timeline on mouse hover over the seeker to seek between different time's within a particular track / audio article playback? This would make it easier for users to seek between times.

2) Would it be possible to be able to generate a unique URL for each of the articles being played back and to be able to share the same on social networks?

3) A sort by "source" and "Date" option would also be useful to see articles pertaining to a particular media and from and thru a particular date.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3428

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 05:23:02 PM

it's a news aggregator that automatically creates news summaries from many different sources (Cointelegraph, Coindesk, TheMerkle right now). It then converts these summaries into audio files using a cool text-to-speech technology, so you can listen to them.
Would it be possible to have everything (whole article) converted instead of summaries only? When listening, it sounds a bit weird when it jumps from one place to the other.

Right now I am working to find a better voice in terms of comprehensibility.
I would recommend this: https://neospeech.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
francescomalatesta (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 08:00:40 PM

Nice site! overall I'm pleased to listen to cryptocurrency articles. I've been a fan of audiobooks and I've added cryptoaudio to my bookmarks. I've had a couple of UI / UX suggestions pertaining to the player:

1) Would it be possible to display a timeline on mouse hover over the seeker to seek between different time's within a particular track / audio article playback? This would make it easier for users to seek between times.

2) Would it be possible to be able to generate a unique URL for each of the articles being played back and to be able to share the same on social networks?

3) A sort by "source" and "Date" option would also be useful to see articles pertaining to a particular media and from and thru a particular date.

Really interesting, thank you! Smiley Actually I am working to find a better voice but another filter (by source and date) could be the next ones in the list. I will also think about the number 1 Smiley About the 2, it could be useful for the sitemap also. Thank you for your suggestions! Will let you know as I implement them Cheesy
francescomalatesta (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 11:27:55 AM

Updates! New female voice (way more understandable than the previous one). I've also implemented a sitemap with all the latest articles. In the next step I will build a way to let people share single articles Smiley Thanks for all the suggestions, really appreciate them!
seekoin

Activity: 586
Merit: 317

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 01:00:11 PM

Nice one, I really like it. Your Twitter is not working, it may help you in the future.  Cheesy

Regards.

francescomalatesta (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 10:29:56 AM

Nice one, I really like it. Your Twitter is not working, it may help you in the future.  Cheesy

Regards.

Thanks for the interest! Why are you saying it's not working? Just checked it right now...  Shocked
seekoin

Activity: 586
Merit: 317

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 08:41:04 PM

Regards.

Thanks for the interest! Why are you saying it's not working? Just checked it right now...  Shocked

When I click on the Twitter button, I get only "cryptoaudio.io https://cryptoaud.io/"

- Try to be more explicit and add a description so that the people are really willing to share.
- I couldn't find any Twitter account attached to cryptoaudio.io or cryptoaudio. 

Regards

instructionshow

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:00:56 AM

Hi everyone Smiley

A month ago I published an project I am working on. It's called CryptoAudio (https://cryptoaud.io) and it's a news aggregator that automatically creates news summaries from many different sources (Cointelegraph, Coindesk, TheMerkle right now). It then converts these summaries into audio files using a cool text-to-speech technology, so you can listen to them.

I use it every morning to listen to the latest news when going to work Smiley In its first month, CryptoAudio already counts more than 4000 plays. You can use it also on mobile and you can filter news by specific cryptocurrency. Right now only BTC, ETH, LTC and XRP are supported. More to add soon Smiley

I wanted to share it here to let you know about it and to understand what I can improve to make it better. Right now I am working to find a better voice in terms of comprehensibility.

Thanks!

Very interesting idea. Really liked it and the voice sounds better than I expected reading your post.

Also in future you can consider creating podcasts (obviously that is time consuming), but discuss the main topics related to cryptocurrencies.

Awesome and keep up the good work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: