Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:53:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Crystal Reign | The First Grand Strategy MMO Built With Ethereum  (Read 1712 times)
zoomzoom (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:00:42 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 05:27:23 PM by zoomzoom

How Does It Play?

The game is browser based and consists of a 3D Hex map with 800x800 tiles. Each player creates an
account through Metamask and is randomly allocated a tile on the map. Starting settlements consist
of a city map, with a castle and 20 empty building sites, and an outer-city map which has 25 resource
plots based on the tile biome. Players build and upgrade these sites to develop their city and
increase their production. Food, Wood, Iron, Stone and Clay all serve different purposes in the
production chain and each of the 5 biomes give additional production bonuses to one of these
resources.

Players can build 5 different unit types: Archer, Swordsman, Spearman, Mage and Cavalry. There is
an underlying rock-paper- scissors dynamic between these units, however, this is offset by various
considerations such as terrain bonuses, item abilities and commander perks. As armies can be split
into divisions with attacking bonuses and specialties there is a tactical advantage in conducting
reconnaissance with scouting parties and understanding the unit distribution of an opposing force
before attacking.

Armies are governed by a commander, a unique unit who gains souls for each unit killed by his army.
Souls can be spent to upgrade the commander and give specific perks to the army. Speed and attack
perks can help give an edge to raiding parties whilst terrain specializations and defence perks can
bolster a defensive army.

Rare items and animals are scattered around the map which can be hunted in order to gain raw
materials for the production of advanced armour and weaponry. Trading of resources gathered can
be conducted through the use of caravans built at a marketplace.

With a consulate, players can begin to join guilds and fight together with other players. As there are
monetary rewards released in-game there are a variety of distribution options available to guild
leaders. Wealth can be distributed according to rank, according to who has earnt the most or
distributed evenly amongst the guild. In-game rewards can also be taxed by the guild in order to
finance future battles.

What's The Token For?

Crystal Reign uses an ERC20 token called Crystal Reign Shard (CRS) with a total supply of 50M. The
primary game mechanic involves 1000 CRS being handed to players who control one of 64 randomly
selected hex tiles over a 24hr period. The occur each week and provide players the opportunity to
work together in large scale battles for monetary rewards. Engaging in this mechanic becomes more
attractive as 80% of revenue from in-game purchases is added to the reward as a bonus. As some
purchases can be made with ETH as well as CRS, this bonus provides a good way to attract new
players whilst also boosting the value of CRS.
There are several varieties of in-game purchases:

Relics: These are unique items that can be wielded by commanders. They can be upgraded using
souls earned by commanders and appear permanently on the map when dropped by a defeated
army. They require CRS to be produced.

Resurrections: High level dead commanders can be resurrected using CRS. Due to the cumulative
nature of the exp mechanic for commanders we feel this will increase the stakes for high level
players whilst also balancing the “snowball” effect.

Aesthetic Purchases: Special skins for castles and units that add color to the game and make players
stand out will always be purchasable with ETH and CRS.

Individual Production Bonuses:
Boosting production and reducing production time will be possible
for players through spending either ETH or CRS. ETH costs will scale with production costs whilst CRS
costs will remain static. This means that instantly upgrading a high level building will cost more in
ETH than for a low level building but will remain constant in terms of CRS. This will create an
environment where pay-to- win mechanics are effectively removed for high level players as they
become economically unfeasible at high levels.

Guild Bonuses: Guild bonuses provide members with strong advantages and at lower cost compared
to individual bonuses. These are only available with CRS and can only be issued through the guild
treasury – a unique Ethereum account assigned to the guild.

Final Distribution of tokens is as follows:
16,400,000 allocated to ICO.
16,400,000 allocated towards community competitions and challenges.
16,400,000 released over a 5 year period (64000 each week) in the primary game mechanic, the
“shard drop”.
800,000 initially given out for marketing purposes.

The power of the token

Whilst we could conduct most of the in-game mechanics using Ethereum only, our reasoning for
using an ERC20 token is twofold:
1. Using a token protects the game in its infant stages from hacks and unforeseen
vulnerabilities. Whilst we have done our best to protect both our investors and our
reputation it would be naïve to not consider this possibility given that we are operating in a
fairly new field that is not quite tried and tested.
2. The token allows us to regulate the in-game economy independent of current market
sentiments for Ethereum. With 80% of revenue being distributed to players based on skill we
require a transitionary period in which to balance the game. If prices increase too rapidly
then it will become a “high stakes game” and price out many of the potential participants
needed for a strong in-game ecosystem. By the time the total coin supply is distributed we
will have ironed out factors that allow for the initial endowment advantage that long-term
ETH holders have.

Progress So Far

Most game features are complete and now we are focusing on artwork and UI design. We have
commissioned work from several talented designers and should be able to show gameplay by the
end of March. A white paper will be released soon once we have more in-game artwork to display.

Token name: Crystal Reign Shard
Token Symbol: CRS
To see your tokens follow this tutorial and use the contract address 0x65302d3a313cf7b0bc7badbf0b9b07a4f176ed10.

Contact email: Crystalreignonline@gmail.com

Translation bounty: We need translations for many languages, for local language announcement threads the reward will be 500 CRS. Will take into consideration trust and account age, among other things.

Join the Telegram Channel: http://t.me/crystalreign

Join our Discord:
https://discord.gg/B3bcZRx

Translated ANN threads:
Indonesian
Spanish
French
German
Chinese
Swedish
Russian
Portugese
Arabic

Note: I, ZoomZoom, am not the project manager, owner or developer. I am posting on behalf and am involved in marketing, promotion and campaigns.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrystalReign

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:16:08 PM

Main developer here - fire any questions my way and also check out crystalreign.io
zoomzoom (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:40:10 PM

Initial translations bounty began, with 500 CRS reward, info in OP.

orionluckyse7en

Activity: 728
Merit: 102

3D Logo & Animated Design Services PM me ;)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:59:04 PM

Token based on gaming is always fun and interesting. So this will be web based game of MMO and the token is also be used as in-game cash if I am not mistaken. Then I will wait for the whitepaper released to learn more about this project. I think the team should add their profile informations on the website. Just my suggestion  Wink

◥◥ 3D Logo & Animated Design ◤◤
Trusted Easy Simple Satisfactory Guaranteed
More info contact Telegram
Chris314

Activity: 672
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:26:11 PM

I've agreed to do French translation. This project looks very interesting, as a gamer myself. I'm glad to work for it.

Win Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in
free BTC every hour multiply hi-lo weekly lottery WIN a Lamborghini 30,000 usd contest BET on various events! 4% APR interest
★★★ 50% of my referral earnings back to you each week ★★★
kamvreto
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1157

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:29:23 AM

Reserve for indonesia language.
My portofolio: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jb0PwE3tXJgDbrxkDbmQZV6R8cLiC1cDQlwEjZdaxWs

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
zoomzoom (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:03:33 AM

My portofolio: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jb0PwE3tXJgDbrxkDbmQZV6R8cLiC1cDQlwEjZdaxWs

I've agreed to do French translation. This project looks very interesting, as a gamer myself. I'm glad to work for it.

Both accepted. Initially, just the translation of thread is needed thanks.

CrystalReign

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:01:25 AM

Token based on gaming is always fun and interesting. So this will be web based game of MMO and the token is also be used as in-game cash if I am not mistaken. Then I will wait for the whitepaper released to learn more about this project. I think the team should add their profile informations on the website. Just my suggestion  Wink

Yes, so the token will be released each week on random tiles that players fight for. While many things can be bought with both ETH and CRS, the real game changing perks can only be obtained with CRS. In-game payments are generally frowned upon in MMOs but we think that by redistributing 80% of revenue back to the players it will create an environment where players are more engaged in the gameplay and more willing to funnel back the rewards they earn into the game.

With regards to sharing profile information: We welcome the highest level of scrutiny to our project... to our personal lives and achievements - not so much. Perhaps when the alpha is in full swing we will reconsider this stance. Personally, I'm an advocate of privacy and feel that developers shouldn't have to commodify their personalities in order to run a successful project. This will likely lower our revenue in the short-run but I'm confident that once the initial gameplay is shown it wont be an issue.
kamvreto
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1157

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:53:16 PM

Both accepted. Initially, just the translation of thread is needed thanks.
Indonesia translation done! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019101.0

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
monchico

Activity: 140
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:43:47 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 09:01:43 PM by monchico

I can do the Spanish translation. This project looks awesome, i'll follow it

Spanish translation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047453
wekael

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:44:52 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 05:08:59 PM by wekael

I would like to write the german translation.

Edit:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3025143.msg31126538#msg31126538

zoomzoom (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:39:51 PM

German, Indonesian, Portuguese and French translations done thanks. PM your address to send you the tokens if I haven't already.

Signature campaign coming this week.

monchico

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:36:29 PM

German, Indonesian, Portuguese and French translations done thanks. PM your address to send you the tokens if I haven't already.

Can i do spanish translation?
zoomzoom (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:48:06 PM

Yes, thanks.

CrystalReign

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:24:29 AM

Our token has been available for nearly a week now and as our signature campaign is set to begin today we thought it would be a good time to assess and re-calibrate our current strategy.

We have received a lot of positive feedback over the past week with many people being very hopeful and enthusiastic about the potential of the project. CR is a far cry from the cookie-cutter pyramid schemes that we've all become accustomed to in the crypto community and we feel that current investors see the same opportunity that we do to attract the wider gaming community into the cryptosphere.

Alongside these sentiments, however, we have also come to realize that there is a level of uncertainty about the project that we have not been able to offset with our presale offering. Given that we have yet to release the white paper and have another 2 weeks before artwork is released, we think it’s fair to say that the current 30% bonus does not compensate investors for the risk they are taking in these early stages.

We've decided instead to increase the bonus to 100% until 14th March and then return back to the initial 30%. To do so we have had to migrate to a new contract which has been updated in the original post. All those who have purchased tokens will receive the additional 70% bonus automatically and we will transfer all token balances by the end of the day. We hope this will attract more attention to the project in the days before we reveal the game.
Chris314

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:56:21 AM

French thread has been updated with new contract address.

free BTC every hour multiply hi-lo weekly lottery WIN a Lamborghini 30,000 usd contest BET on various events! 4% APR interest
monchico

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:11:13 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 01:48:13 AM by monchico

Yes, thanks.

Done, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047453

ETH address: 0x2f7B2Cc80F7a7331fB4AC5d7A98ed22FA1542A88

@zoomzoom
khufuking

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:25:30 PM

Our token has been available for nearly a week now and as our signature campaign is set to begin today we thought it would be a good time to assess and re-calibrate our current strategy.

We have received a lot of positive feedback over the past week with many people being very hopeful and enthusiastic about the potential of the project. CR is a far cry from the cookie-cutter pyramid schemes that we've all become accustomed to in the crypto community and we feel that current investors see the same opportunity that we do to attract the wider gaming community into the cryptosphere.

Alongside these sentiments, however, we have also come to realize that there is a level of uncertainty about the project that we have not been able to offset with our presale offering. Given that we have yet to release the white paper and have another 2 weeks before artwork is released, we think it’s fair to say that the current 30% bonus does not compensate investors for the risk they are taking in these early stages.

We've decided instead to increase the bonus to 100% until 14th March and then return back to the initial 30%. To do so we have had to migrate to a new contract which has been updated in the original post. All those who have purchased tokens will receive the additional 70% bonus automatically and we will transfer all token balances by the end of the day. We hope this will attract more attention to the project in the days before we reveal the game.

WOow , 100% bonus ! that is really amazing , but you do not think it is too much ? it might effect the sale of the tokens after 14th March , to be honest it is not might but it is for sure gonna effect the sale of tokens later after the 100% ended . I understand you want to compensate the early supporters but 100% is too much in my opinion . You should have waited at least until you have WP before you start your campaign .

By the way I like the idea of the game and wish you guys to success , But this is just my 2 cents .
CrystalReign

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:37:54 AM

Looking at it as an investor I think 100% covers the risk associated with the project given the information displayed. The whitepaper will be released after the 100% bonus ends and the resulting 30% bonus will reflect the risk better then. We do have a preliminary whitepaper ready but I think it has less impact without in-game screenshots. A large chunk of the whitepaper is about in-game mechanics and many of the points made are intangible without any visualization of the game.
Chris314

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:18:04 PM

A Facebook page has been created to follow the project. Here is the link.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: