Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:37:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance started a war between Elastos (ELA) vs WePower (WPR)  (Read 886 times)
shahzadafzal (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2912

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:00:48 PM

Would be cool if he listed both.  Whether there was vote manipulation for not, I think both camps proved they have a large, dedicated following and are eager to see their project listed on a large exchange ... plus, they already made over $200,000 off the voting.
Yes its clear if Binance lists both it will be win win for WPR, ELA and Binance also. After Binance would be getting daily profits on each transaction. At moment 24h vol of both coins is $22m  and $124m each.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vitlk

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 09:28:30 PM

i vote for WPR. the truth is that they will give 50 coins anyway?
Cryptodaddy05

Activity: 252
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:29:38 PM

This was a strange vote, with WePower a little in front of Eladtos up to about 45,000 votes each - and then Elastos putting on another 105K votes at blistering speed in the last 36 hours to WePowers 15K votes, with ELA winning by 90K votes in the end. There’s talk of manipulation of votes, and I certainly received emails from both Elastos and WePower offering to send the BNB to cover the voting and both offering airdropped coins if I voted for their coin and they won.

Tbh I feel this paying BNB for suppprters to vote, and offering them financial inducements if the coin wins is getting away from the spirit of what Binance intended the coin of the month to be of allowing a smaller coin to be listed at no charge given it had genuine support from Binance users - and I wouldn’t be surprised if Binance cancels this contest in future, or radically redesigns it.

Although the 245,000 votes cast costing 0.1 BNB each would have netted Binance a nice little return of $225,500 at a BNB rate today of $9.27, so maybe they’ll keep the Coin Of The Month contest going forever haha!

Hello to Viper 🐍 - sorry Viser & Kavad 🍺
traged

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:31:20 PM

A terrible manipulation was done here thats for sure, I know WPR was giving 200 coins for voting and I suppose ELA did something similar Smiley
zaq130

Activity: 280
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:08:41 AM

This was a strange vote, with WePower a little in front of Eladtos up to about 45,000 votes each - and then Elastos putting on another 105K votes at blistering speed in the last 36 hours to WePowers 15K votes, with ELA winning by 90K votes in the end. There’s talk of manipulation of votes, and I certainly received emails from both Elastos and WePower offering to send the BNB to cover the voting and both offering airdropped coins if I voted for their coin and they won.

Tbh I feel this paying BNB for suppprters to vote, and offering them financial inducements if the coin wins is getting away from the spirit of what Binance intended the coin of the month to be of allowing a smaller coin to be listed at no charge given it had genuine support from Binance users - and I wouldn’t be surprised if Binance cancels this contest in future, or radically redesigns it.

Although the 245,000 votes cast costing 0.1 BNB each would have netted Binance a nice little return of $225,500 at a BNB rate today of $9.27, so maybe they’ll keep the Coin Of The Month contest going forever haha!
Binance is the only winner of this game.....
And I don't think they are going to stop this business.

shahzadafzal (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:53:01 AM

Well some how this was suppose to be in start and one vote person is the policy from Binance they announce this in their Telegram group. I'm sure Binance did not make this for profit making option they already have so man options and its working well for them. If we see previous vote it was on average <20k votes only this time votes exceed this much.

You are right in this case both teams WPR and ELA pushed their users to create multiple accounts in binance using different email just to get votes. Which is just a additional load on Binance @ cost of just 0.1BNB. Because these new account won't be used again after voting.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
skaya7

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 07:10:21 AM

I want to win the wepower I really did research a great project a project that would take all of Europe and yesterday I will see some of my investments here

CRYPTOV8 ◄◄◄◄ Bringing banking to blockchain►►►► (https://www.cryptov8.com/)
kennyy2929

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:13:05 AM

I am surprised by the end result, I don't think it's true that ELA can win so much. Maybe there are some fake voters who get paid for this?
cause binance is a very big exchange, once u get listed, there are some many traders inside.
shahzadafzal (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:03:50 AM

I am surprised by the end result, I don't think it's true that ELA can win so much. Maybe there are some fake voters who get paid for this?
cause binance is a very big exchange, once u get listed, there are some many traders inside.
hahaha every one is surprised... but without proof we can't say any thing. Yes it does not make sense but as per them they have huge Chinese following on WeChat which helped them to get this much votes. Who know? we have to wait for Binance to evaluate and come back with results.

At same time Binance is Chinese too so chances are both will get listed without talking about vote manipulation Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:04:49 AM

Binance was the only winner of the war,all tokens want the list on Binance exchange, because the exchange has a large trading volume, but ELA used the means of cheating to win the game, which is not worth promoting.

chitocrypto

Activity: 154

For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 08:46:04 AM

Can new accounts vote? It's just weird seeing ELA's vote boost on the last day like that.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
shahzadafzal (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:13:43 AM

Can new accounts vote? It's just weird seeing ELA's vote boost on the last day like that.
Yes that is what... strange from Binance any new account if have balance of 0.1BNB can vote and it does not matter if account was created at same time seconds ago.

That's why WPR and ELA got so many votes. If Binance validates I'm pretty sure 90% of the votes will be from new account created just for voting.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:21:41 AM

There were no restrictions. Old and new accounts could participate in voting. For Binance it was a good opportunity to earn.
I think ELA could attract more supporters.
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:20:04 AM

Who will say how often Binance conducts such a vote? I understand that they have earned well, from this vote. I do not want to believe that after the victory of Elastos there is a falsification of votes, I would like a fair fight.
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:26:24 AM

Binance was the winner in this war. But you would hope they would list both Elastos and WePower as both are good coins/tokens in their own way. Both have solid communities behind them and large daily trade volumes. It's really a no brainer for Binance to list both with the trading fees they would earn from them.
chitocrypto

Activity: 154

For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 11:37:59 AM

Yes that is what... strange from Binance any new account if have balance of 0.1BNB can vote and it does not matter if account was created at same time seconds ago.

That's why WPR and ELA got so many votes. If Binance validates I'm pretty sure 90% of the votes will be from new account created just for voting.

My first community vote was during when Binance stopped registration so this was not a problem. I think Binance should limit votes from newly registered accounts or just allow level 1 accounts to vote. This is to prevent multi accounts.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:49:14 AM

Ela ended with having 150k vote which not seems to be realistic and they had only 15k telegram members while wepower had almost 65k, Cj ceo of binance also tweeted by saying "voting manipulation is not allowed" lets see what decision binance make  Undecided
I think both coins will be listed on binance and about the result of votes by elastos community it's not based on telegram they have so many supporters especially in china which are not members of elastos telegram.

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

Kilomans

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:53:28 AM

Kind of interesting topic. I voted for WePower bc i'm in this project. But the way how they making a votes not really ligal from both sides . let's see how it will be finsihed
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 05:45:06 AM

I think Elastos votes looks suspicious. It is way too much looking at their Telegram group, but they have WeChat groups too. Who will say for sure? I like WPR conditions more, everyone should get 200 tokens if they win, not a lucky draw as with ELA. I hope binance.com disqualify ELA and I'll get my tokens  Grin

shahzadafzal (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:59:29 AM

Kind of interesting topic. I voted for WePower bc i'm in this project. But the way how they making a votes not really ligal from both sides . let's see how it will be finsihed
Actually Binance supported the such marketing campaigns previously and they praised because at the Binance also getting famous. But the Binance policy of 1 vote per person was largely misused. I was in both Telegram groups and user were encouraging each other to create new accounts to vote. However management of both projects or group admins did not mention or try to forbid this activity.

Otherwise voting was going smooth and with good competition but every thing changes in last 24hrs.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████